Author Topic: Martin Keown I want to kiss your face  (Read 314 times)

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re:Martin Keown I want to kiss your face
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2003, 08:14:17 AM »
The fact remains that if you take away the purchases of Veron and Ferdinand, United spent far less over 10 years than teams like Chelsea and Leeds, maybe Arsenal, and our team is built on British and Irish home grown talent, something that Arsene Wenger has neglected to do with his willingness to bring in foreigners that add absolutely nothing to the team. (Grimandi, Toure, Gilberto, Edu, Stepanovs, Tavliridis, Van Bronckhorst, Wreh and many more).

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2003, 08:29:53 AM »
ARSENAL CAN STILL WIN CANT THEY !!  ??? I THOUGHT WE HAD ANOTHER 2 GAMES TO PLAY  :o

TheSheriff

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2003, 08:38:42 AM »
I have to say, Jay, that I think Gilberto, and to a lesser extent, van Bronckhorst, are both perfectly good players, particularly the former.

Joachim

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2003, 09:30:02 AM »
The fact remains that if you take away the purchases of Veron and Ferdinand, United spent far less over 10 years than teams like Chelsea and Leeds, maybe Arsenal, and our team is built on British and Irish home grown talent, something that Arsene Wenger has neglected to do with his willingness to bring in foreigners that add absolutely nothing to the team. (Grimandi, Toure, Gilberto, Edu, Stepanovs, Tavliridis, Van Bronckhorst, Wreh and many more).

Gilberto is a great player, you dont start almost every game of the season in a championshp challenging side if you're no good. Gio has been well unlucky with injuries, he needs a chance and Edu has played well when called upon, ask Roy Keane.  Grimandi was a utility player, like Phil Neville, he always gave 110% and loved the club. The rest, yeah you're right, but still look how far we've come.

Also your right, your youth system is top notch and has been for the past decade, but before Arsene came along Arsenal's was a total shambles, he's turned it around and we're about to reap the rewards, Cole, Garry, Bentley, Hoyte, Svard (granted he's danish) and Pennant are all tipped to make the step-up too the first team, plus Aliadiere, our academy has made great progress.

I agree Wenger has been far too keen to bring in a cheap frenchman instead of giving youth a try but i can see that changing with the latest crop of youngsters we've got.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2003, 01:26:23 PM »
I'll believe Wenger will trust youth when I see it.  Pennant has been tipped for years and still Wenger keeps packing him off somewhere on loan.

You know my feelings on Gilberto.  I think he has been a key figure in your inability to kill teams off, his shooting is poor, and while he enables Vieira to get forward, he has shown no reason why he should be in front of Parlour and Edu.

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2003, 01:36:05 PM »
I'll believe Wenger will trust youth when I see it.  Pennant has been tipped for years and still Wenger keeps packing him off somewhere on loan.

You know my feelings on Gilberto.  I think he has been a key figure in your inability to kill teams off, his shooting is poor, and while he enables Vieira to get forward, he has shown no reason why he should be in front of Parlour and Edu.

im in the minority of gooners who dont rate gilberto. (that minority is growing though). the lad is out on his feet right now, needs a rest but circumstances dictate he has to play. you could argue that he does a very effective role that goes unnoticed but i dont. but hes won the world cup so hes no mug.

I tell you all now that the future of Arsenal football club is VERY bright. the amount of young talent at the club is immense, and wenger has been making noises recently that he will give them their chance and he knows who they are.
david bently is a very special talent, showcased in his 10 minutes against oxford. garry,svard,thomas,voltz,aliadeire,brown all have great future potentail. and of course pennant, who WILL make the grade and turn into a class player, which he realy is already, he just has a problem with his allitude.

bez

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2003, 03:07:04 PM »
But Everton tho boys...