Author Topic: Tryin to get into some rass kass  (Read 124 times)

GfUnKLBC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We hold it down, from da turf to da pen.
Tryin to get into some rass kass
« on: April 27, 2003, 02:43:17 PM »
im tryin to get more into some of rass kass' music, hes got a real tight flow to me...can someone hook me up with some info on rass, like albums, any featurings he took part in, and any other songs that rass was on that any rass fan shoud have, ive already got nature of the threat, golden child, ghetto fabolous, and that song with xzibit, i think its called music of the business...thanks alot, peace
Now you don't see what I see
6 keys for a hundred g's
I take a look in the mirror
see myself livin the dream
takin over things, runnin million dolla schemes

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Re:Tryin to get into some rass kass
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 01:28:17 AM »
1st of all its RAS KASS, not Rass Kass. He's got 2 released albums, his 1st was called Soul On Ice and is lyrically dope, but let down by the production. It is now also out of print so the only way to get it is either on Ebay or d/l it. His second album is called Rassasination and is still available in shops (but you might have to look around to find it). It's not as good as Soul On Ice, but it does have some dope tracks on it. Check out Interview With A Vampire (feat God & Satan), it's considered his other 'opus' track (Nature Of The Threat being the other) and is lyrically his best song IMO. He was gonna release Van Gogh but due to bootlegging (and label politics) it was cancelled. he's finished Goldyn Chyld however at the moment no one knows when it's gonna be released as Ras has the only copy with him (he's on the run for his 3rd DUI and is using it to try and get himself released from Priority Records). There is also an unreleased version of Soul On Ice with different tracks on it.As well as a solo artist he is also a member of the Golden State Project (aka The Golden State Warriorz) along with Xzibit and Saafir. They have an album coming out called The Coast Is Clear. However due to Ras' current situation this has probably been post-poned as it was meant to drop a few months after Goldyn Chyld. Also if he is in Jail, it makes it harder to promote the album. He was also in a group called The Four Horsemen with Canibus, Killah Priest and Kurupt. They've dropped a few songs together and have about 9-11 songs completed for an album. However things went a bit sour between Canibus and the rest of the group, so at the moment they aren't working together, but the beef is nothing too big and they will probably record again in the future.
Here's a list of some tracks you should get:
Interview With A Vampire
Soul On Ice (Diamond-D Remix)
3 Card Molley Ft. Xzibit and Saafir
N.B.A Ft Xzibit and Saafir
TV Guide - there's 2 versions of this, same lyrics but different beats
Home Sweet Home
Game Over
Root of Evil - not great production (unless your a big Battlecat fan, but lyrically dope)
Kiss of Death - diss to Alchemist and Jadakiss
Jack Frost
The Little Children - by David Axelrod ft Ras Kass
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

SLaDe

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 01:30:30 AM »
im tryin to get more into some of rass kass' music, hes got a real tight flow to me...can someone hook me up with some info on rass, like albums, any featurings he took part in, and any other songs that rass was on that any rass fan shoud have, ive already got nature of the threat, golden child, ghetto fabolous, and that song with xzibit, i think its called music of the business...thanks alot, peace

I got eveytrack Ras Kas has ever recorded. Get at me man, I'll hook u up wit some of his albums.

CharlieBrown

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 02:09:14 AM »
And I forgot to say Ras is dropping an independent album this summer which is called Re-Up, however this is more of a Ras Kass presents... type album as there is gonna be a lot of guest emcees on it.

GfUnKLBC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We hold it down, from da turf to da pen.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 04:53:53 PM »
thanks alot CharlieBrown...i appreciate it, and my bad, its ras kass...and ill get at u slade, even though i wanna buy his albums through ebay or at the store, cuz i wanna actually have the album, but ill get at u for some of those songs CharlieBrown listed...thanks
Now you don't see what I see
6 keys for a hundred g's
I take a look in the mirror
see myself livin the dream
takin over things, runnin million dolla schemes

Jome

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 07:16:59 PM »
IMO, you should start out with some newer Ras material, such as "Van Gogh bootleg" or the new "DJ Lt. Dan & Ras Kass mixtape" both available on mIRC.

If you start with older material, you might be bored with lacking production, even if some of the rhymes are great.

Recommended newer tracks:
[off Van Gogh]
Hot Game
Goldyn Child Premo remix
Kiss U
Kick Rocks feat. Tray Deee
4 Much feat. Bad Azz, Tash & Nate Dogg
Sex feat. Xzibit
NBA feat. Golden State
Van Gogh
TV guide

[off DJ Lt. Dan & Ras Kass mixtape]
Thug Mentality
Kiss of death (Kiss U remix)
Neptunes freestyle
Oral Sex

[other tracks]
Shine all night feat. Napalm
All or nuthin feat. Twista
etc.

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 07:26:15 PM »

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

JG

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • try not to do tbt though, people here dont like it
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2003, 03:04:54 AM »
Rass got some skills that is for sure.

CharlieBrown

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2003, 03:23:17 AM »
Slade(7) have you got The Seyonce produced by Kon Artis and ft Busta Rhymes (and maybe someone else?)?