Author Topic: How come nobody ever samples country  (Read 336 times)

Suga Foot

Re:How come nobody ever samples country
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2003, 11:23:46 PM »
I'm not that talented, and I don't have the resources to do it.  I also wouldn't get any kind of support from anyone doing it.  If dre did it, he'd make millions, if I did it, I'd never even get anybody to hear a demo tape, and then they'd sue me for trying to make money and not being able to afford the samples.  

Make a demo, send it to dre, He'll steal it, then you just sue him  ;D

Jome

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2003, 12:14:05 AM »
Bubba Sparxxx - Comin' round

Right click and hit "save target as" or "save link as"..
Pretty cool country-sample..

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2003, 12:18:37 AM »
See, that is a good sample, but that's not what I'm talking about, LOL... he's kinda parodying country, that's your sterotypical banjo track and everything.... I was trying to say that country music a lot of times is pretty good stuff, and some songs have awesome hooks and things, so it would sound (to a hiphop head) just as good or better than all the other things that people sample, but yet nobody samples it.  Peace~

Woodrow

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2003, 01:33:00 AM »
Didn't Coolio make a track with Willie Nelson on his last album? I think it was called the gambler, and was based on willie's song of the same name. I seem to remember a video and everything!

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2003, 06:25:02 AM »
Nah, that's Kenny Rogers, and I thought it was wyclef that worked with him, but maybe it was coolio.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2003, 11:40:27 AM »
cuz that country shits wack brother!lol

Immortal

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2003, 12:00:34 PM »
country music sucks, like gay men sucking dicks
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Jome

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2003, 05:12:36 PM »
Wyclef Jean feat. Pharoahe Monch & Kenny Rogers - "Dub Plate"

^^ Dope as hell, peep what Rapreviews said about it:

Meanwhile 'Clef is out there trying things that have never been though of before; such as putting Kenny Rogers and Pharoahe Monch (no I'm NOT kidding) on a remix of "Simon Says" which is obscurely called the "Kenny Rogers - Pharoahe Monch Dub Plate." While Pharoahe raps that he got "women in they thongs, gettin it on, but not Sisqo" Kenny croons a modified "Gambler" hook that includes the lines "You got to count your ducats, 'fore you touch the turntables, cause if you run out of big tunes, that means your sound is done." If you're not screaming in horror, you may actually appreciate how Wyclef "breaks all formats" with this song - it's actually quite good.

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2003, 05:45:22 PM »
^^ Yup, country musicians are talented, and the music is as real as rap, I dunno why they haven't mixed that much.  Ignorancy I guess.  

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2003, 08:50:21 AM »
I don't think it's ignorance. It's just country just really isn't in demand among most of the people that listen to hip hop.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2003, 09:25:22 AM »
I don't think it's ignorance. It's just country just really isn't in demand among most of the people that listen to hip hop.

Yeah I agree....people that listen to hip hop aren't in much demand of country....

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2003, 12:51:37 PM »
lol its got nuttin to do with ignorance........jus the shits wack im my opinion, i aint diggin it..........not to say the ppl who do it arent talented or some shit, cuz most likely thers lots of talented country kats out their, jus i cant stand that shit for real

peace