Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - FROM THA STREETS 2 THA SUITES (Official Discussion)  (Read 25564 times)

romson19

Re: SNOOP DOGG - FROM THA STREETS 2 THA SUITES (Official Discussion)
« Reply #255 on: April 25, 2021, 12:23:29 PM »
Shon Don aka Shon Lawon is so underrated... great hookmaster, producer, engineer
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

Orbyte

« Reply #256 on: April 26, 2021, 03:53:17 AM »
Brian Big Bass Gardner mastered this album? The fuck is going on with those last 2 tracks on there then? Look Around still feels a little out of place, and the track after that was kinda quite in comparision to the first tracks, if I recall correctly.

Sccit

« Reply #257 on: April 26, 2021, 10:03:24 AM »
Brian Big Bass Gardner mastered this album? The fuck is going on with those last 2 tracks on there then? Look Around still feels a little out of place, and the track after that was kinda quite in comparision to the first tracks, if I recall correctly.

they can only work with what they’re given

and they were given an mp3 rip of look around

so it’s not really on big bass

tracks like gang signs and ceo were actually mastered quite nicely

look around just threw everything off

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #258 on: April 26, 2021, 02:07:18 PM »

The last track really is much quieter than the other tracks. Don't know what happened there. Brian probable fell into sleep mode after going through that lousy MP3 file of Look Around they threw at him. ;D

All in all, I'm quite underwhelmed by the album, but it kinda grew on my the past days. Snoop still sounds fresh on some tracks like "Talk That Shit to Me" and "Gang Signs", but half-assed some other bits. As some of you mentioned, it's a typical Snoop album with highs and lows going hand in hand.

What I noticed with his albums, it really doesn't matter how many tracks he'll put on his albums, opinions still differ vastly which songs listeners consider filler and what not. I can't get into some of his songs from "I Wanna Thank Me" that others liked and vice versa. That's not only Snoop, but all artists. What I like about those 21 song albums, I get a chance to listen and enjoy songs that other people would have cut....and I would have cut songs they'd enjoy.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #259 on: April 26, 2021, 03:15:58 PM »
From an engineering and sonic perspective, this album is a complete technical failure. I'm really surprised Brian put his name on this. I can't even imagine what it sounded like before he got to it  :grumpy:

Sccit

« Reply #260 on: April 26, 2021, 04:24:32 PM »
BANGERS:
-GANG SIGNS
-FETTY IN THE BAG
-TALK DAT SHIIT TO ME
-LEFT MY WEED
-GET YO BREAD UP

COOL CUTS:
-CEO
-SITTIN ON BLADES
-ROACHES IN MY ASHTRAY

MEDIOCRE:
-SAY IT WIT YA BOOTY

GOOD TRACK DONE DIRTY WIT TRASH QUALITY:
-LOOK AROUND

Sccit

« Reply #261 on: April 26, 2021, 04:33:35 PM »
The last track really is much quieter than the other tracks. Don't know what happened there. Brian probable fell into sleep mode after going through that lousy MP3 file of Look Around they threw at him. ;D

All in all, I'm quite underwhelmed by the album, but it kinda grew on my the past days. Snoop still sounds fresh on some tracks like "Talk That Shit to Me" and "Gang Signs", but half-assed some other bits. As some of you mentioned, it's a typical Snoop album with highs and lows going hand in hand.

What I noticed with his albums, it really doesn't matter how many tracks he'll put on his albums, opinions still differ vastly which songs listeners consider filler and what not. I can't get into some of his songs from "I Wanna Thank Me" that others liked and vice versa. That's not only Snoop, but all artists. What I like about those 21 song albums, I get a chance to listen and enjoy songs that other people would have cut....and I would have cut songs they'd enjoy.

generally folks been in agreement on what’s filler n what bangs .. for instance i don’t see anyone claimin they like say it wit yo booty .. n i’m pretty sure we all agree a song like 1 blood 1 cuzz is undeniable

if u combine the best tracks from i wana thank me wit the best ones from this new one, u pretty much got a near classic

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #262 on: April 27, 2021, 01:36:09 AM »

generally folks been in agreement on what’s filler n what bangs .. for instance i don’t see anyone claimin they like say it wit yo booty .. n i’m pretty sure we all agree a song like 1 blood 1 cuzz is undeniable

if u combine the best tracks from i wana thank me wit the best ones from this new one, u pretty much got a near classic

Yeah, I absolutely agree with you about those two songs. I remember "Main Phone" being one of those songs with mixed feelings. Some users consider it a banger, whereelse others think it's plain boring.

k1000

« Reply #263 on: April 27, 2021, 01:50:43 AM »

What I noticed with his albums, it really doesn't matter how many tracks he'll put on his albums, opinions still differ vastly which songs listeners consider filler and what not.

exactly my thought.

Sccit

« Reply #264 on: April 27, 2021, 06:28:30 AM »
Yeah, I absolutely agree with you about those two songs. I remember "Main Phone" being one of those songs with mixed feelings. Some users consider it a banger, whereelse others think it's plain boring.

i think most people liked main phone .. especially compared to a song like like square u bitch u, which was universally hated. those are the songs that really drag his shit down.

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #265 on: April 27, 2021, 08:53:52 PM »

he was tryna reach quik

guess quik never answered back

Nah he did hit him back. It was mastered by Quik not mixed

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #266 on: April 27, 2021, 11:26:03 PM »
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thank God I didn't decide to check this forum before listening to the album!
The hate & negativity on here is on another level.
Nothing wrong with constructive criticism but don't get altarpiece away to the point of not giving a project a proper chance.

The album been on repeat in my car, on my way to work and back...released at the perfect time when lockdown was lifted here.

This is most West Coast vibe Snoop has been since Top Dogg & Blue Carpet.

Love the fact he kept it 10 tracks and 20 track with too many fillers.

Easily 7.5 out of 10 album for me.

The kind of Snoop vibe I enjoy

Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

Sccit

« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2021, 12:17:54 AM »
Nah he did hit him back. It was mastered by Quik not mixed

look at the credits

it says big bass mastered it

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #268 on: April 29, 2021, 11:02:24 AM »
Listened front to back again and the album has grown on me. Say it wit yo booty is the only skip on the album

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

thegooddoc

« Reply #269 on: April 29, 2021, 09:02:14 PM »
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thank God I didn't decide to check this forum before listening to the album!
The hate & negativity on here is on another level.
Nothing wrong with constructive criticism but don't get altarpiece away to the point of not giving a project a proper chance.

The album been on repeat in my car, on my way to work and back...released at the perfect time when lockdown was lifted here.

This is most West Coast vibe Snoop has been since Top Dogg & Blue Carpet.

Love the fact he kept it 10 tracks and 20 track with too many fillers.

Easily 7.5 out of 10 album for me.

The kind of Snoop vibe I enjoy

It's not hate.  I wish Snoop would actually put some time into his new releases.  This project is not good and just a shell of the music he used to make.  Beats are average, lyrics are not good.  It sounds like he just threw it together.  He needs some quality control.