Author Topic: does Dre diss Ice Cube on Nuthin But a G Thang?  (Read 1204 times)

tony_montana

• Lil Geezy
  • what it do??
Re:does Dre diss Ice Cube on Nuthin But a G Thang?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2003, 10:06:30 PM »
dre did dis cube...snoop didnt diss domino...

cuz that dont mean nuthin...its jus a line...i got both domino albums and he give shout outs 2 cordezor ( snoops fed name),nathenial ( nate doggs) and some more lbc rappers at tha time ... it wasnt a diss..

dre shot slugs at him tho...and snoop wrote that song so dre and snoop got him...

cube did molest dre on no vasilene...

and when he's referrin 2 tha white sox hat it was...luke...that wasnt about  oshay lol....

runs my motherfuckin mouth from 2k3 to 3k6..what that do???

budsmokeronly

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2003, 10:22:27 PM »

cuz that dont mean nuthin...its jus a line...i got both domino albums and he give shout outs 2 cordezor ( snoops fed name),nathenial ( nate doggs) and some more lbc rappers at tha time ... it wasnt a diss..

Glaze, or M&M said it themselves in an interview all about that domino thing.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2003, 10:27:02 PM »
[FOESUM]

In 1986, three ninth graders named DJ Glaze, M&M, and Oz started a DJ group called Beats Unlimited. The group was short lived and the threesome only DJ'd one party together before the group eventually split up because of differences in musical taste. DJ Glaze and M&M made up a new group called "Perfection" and soon picked up a few more members from their local high school. The next three years "Perfection" as a DJ group would rock many school dances, weddings, and backyard boogies. By 1989, Perfection recruited close to a dozen members including Mikey, John, Alex, Randy, Les, Lamont, Carson, Travvy Trav, and T-Dubb. All of these individuals were responsible for the making of Foesum. Towards the end of Perfection's senior year, the group decided they wanted to make and produce their own 12" record. Travvy Trav, one of the eldest members of the group, then went on a search for the dopest MC in Long Beach. Back then, it was a young brother by the name of Domino. Perfection recruited Domino and invested in recording equipment to hopefully land a record deal. Many demos were cut and The Twinz (back then known as Tender D and Mellow D) were brought into the group by T-Dubb and Travvy Trav, who are actually their first cousins. After many disappointments and a few personality conflicts, Domino stepped leaving Perfection to fend for themselves. This sparked a collaboration with fellow eastsider Snoop Doggy Dogg called "'Let Em Understand Perfection" which was a diss track aimed at Domino for jumping ship. This explains the line by Snoop in Dr. Dre's "Nuthin But a G Thang," " Perfection is perfected, so I let em understand."

taken from http://www.gfunk.de/ a dope g funk site

« Last Edit: May 28, 2003, 10:27:51 PM by AcGrundy aka budsmokeronly »

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2003, 10:44:02 PM »
So the track "Let 'em understand" came out in 1989?

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2003, 01:25:41 AM »

and when he's referrin 2 tha white sox hat it was...luke...that wasnt about  oshay lol....

No... He was referrin to Ice Cube... that's why he started it off with "On a Street Knoledge Mission"... cuz tha production team for Da Lench Mob was Street Knoledge...

And that line wasn't really a Diss to Domino but he was referrin to him so I guess you could take it as a diss... Maybe Domino gave them shouts out later but this was on tha Chronic way before Domino's cds were even out.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2003, 09:34:38 AM »
So the track "Let 'em understand" came out in 1989?

....or was it later?