Author Topic: Playstation 2 Drops In Price !!! ... and Sony Makes Portable Game System! and...  (Read 693 times)

KVB

To join in this Xbox vs. PS2 debate... personally I could care less if X-Box isn't selling well, if Microsoft is losing money etc... besides, I just read that Xbox dominated the European console market for 2002 and early 2003, so there.

All I care about is that Xbox is a far better console. It's more powerful than the PS2 and GameCube put together. It has the best FPS ever (Halo), the best snowboarding game ever (Amped), one of the best beat 'em ups ever (Dead Or Alive 3), some of the best racing games ever (Project Gotham Racing, Moto GP)... I could go on for ages. Might I add that Halo SHITS on any PS2 game ever - past, present, future... and that's a undebatable fact.

I don't see how any new console buyers could even consider anything but X-Box. GameCube is for TeleTubbies fans (i.e. little children) and PS2 with its inferior hardware (300 MHz processor, 32 MB RAM) should not be an alternative in the year 2003. That leaves us with the one and only XBox, the most powerful console ever, which has something for everybody - and delivers by far the most fun and rewarding play experience.

Plus there's no reason to pay any interest to this PS3 thing, because we got XBox 2 coming in 2006. Until then the current Xbox will do nicely. I predict the PS3 will be yesterday's news by that time, just like the PS2 is today. Peace

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
To join in this Xbox vs. PS2 debate... personally I could care less if X-Box isn't selling well, if Microsoft is losing money etc... besides, I just read that Xbox dominated the European console market for 2002 and early 2003, so there.

All I care about is that Xbox is a far better console. It's more powerful than the PS2 and GameCube put together. It has the best FPS ever (Halo), the best snowboarding game ever (Amped), one of the best beat 'em ups ever (Dead Or Alive 3), some of the best racing games ever (Project Gotham Racing, Moto GP)... I could go on for ages. Might I add that Halo SHITS on any PS2 game ever - past, present, future... and that's a undebatable fact.

I don't see how any new console buyers could even consider anything but X-Box. GameCube is for TeleTubbies fans (i.e. little children) and PS2 with its inferior hardware (300 MHz processor, 32 MB RAM) should not be an alternative in the year 2003. That leaves us with the one and only XBox, the most powerful console ever, which has something for everybody - and delivers by far the most fun and rewarding play experience.

Plus there's no reason to pay any interest to this PS3 thing, because we got XBox 2 coming in 2006. Until then the current Xbox will do nicely. I predict the PS3 will be yesterday's news by that time, just like the PS2 is today. Peace

Call the newspapers, radio stations, and television stations...

This man has seen the TRUTH!!!!

And we all know that Smooth and Jome CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!

Jome

Where did you find this information of yours?  I find it hard to believe that Sony has 75% of the console market...

Everyone knows that there are only two reasons why Sony is beating Xbox in sales: 1) The PS2 came out more than a year before Xbox.  2) Grand Theft Auto.

If it wasn't for GTA III and Vice City, Sony would have sold half of what they did (everyone knows this...if you don't then slap yourself).

As said before, PS2 came out more than a year before Xbox.  Think of it, Jome...thats a long goddamn time to put out games and rule the market with NO competition.  Then Xbox comes along with the greatest FPS ever (Halo), and the most powerful console in existence (It would take a little under 3 PS2's to match Xbox's power).  But still, people are used to PS2 being around for a year and PS2 has a shitload more games (Think of the amount of games that Sony released in 2002...around that much more than Xbox).

So, yes...Sony is still dominating the market.  However, with Halo 2 coming, Rockstar and Sony better hurry up with the next GTA if they want any kind of chance.

PS: Microsoft will not make the same mistake as before.  When PS3 comes around, Xbox2 will be right behind it...even ahead of it possibly.

PSS: So Jome, Smooth, and all the other Sony "soldiers"...you go on and play your Vice City, Socom and Final Fantasy.  I'll be playin my Halo and Brute Force...games that Sony can't even come close to graphically.   8)

"This information of mines" I found on a PC-site, because Sony, Microsoft actually reveal their sales and earnings, which you try to close your eyes for.

If you think GTA is the only reason why PS2 is ever so much popular, then you must surely be retarded.
There is a million other reasons.. marketing, big games, timing, developer-contracts, the SONY-name alone, etc. etc.
And I can't see Halo 2 doing any harm on GRAN TURISMO 4 - ONLINE

And no, I'm not a "Sony soldier", I do not play "Socom" or "Final Fantasy",
I just like to point out your EXTREME closeminded viewpoints.

You act like X-Box will take over the world in any minute, while everybody else knows that X-Box will never be half as big as PS2.

I don't really care who's the biggest neither, because I like both Microsoft & Nintendo, it's just TOO funny seeing you overhyping X-Box to extreme degrees.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2003, 08:12:55 PM by Goldie Jome »

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Halo 2 would shit,piss,fart and stomp on GT4 online

no game can contest Halo 2

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Jome

Nope.
Not saleswise, that's what we're talking about.
A FPS will probably never really boost a consoles sales, but a platform or racing-game may.

And besides, you cant really compare those games..
It's like setting Eastsidaz up against R.Kelly
GT4 will be the best racing-game ever, and Halo 2 may be the best FPS..

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Nope.
Not saleswise, that's what we're talking about.
A FPS will probably never really boost a consoles sales, but a platform or racing-game may.

And besides, you cant really compare those games..
It's like setting Eastsidaz up against R.Kelly
GT4 will be the best racing-game ever, and Halo 2 may be the best FPS..

yea your right ,theres no use comparing them when there totally different games
but I think its safe to say Halo 2 will be one if not the best fps ever

and GT4 will probably be the best racing game ever, the 3rd one was dope and the 4th will be dope like soap on a rope

how much cars and tracks are there in GT4?

was that rumour true that theres 2000 cars and over 100 tracks?

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Where did you find this information of yours?  I find it hard to believe that Sony has 75% of the console market...

Everyone knows that there are only two reasons why Sony is beating Xbox in sales: 1) The PS2 came out more than a year before Xbox.  2) Grand Theft Auto.

If it wasn't for GTA III and Vice City, Sony would have sold half of what they did (everyone knows this...if you don't then slap yourself).

As said before, PS2 came out more than a year before Xbox.  Think of it, Jome...thats a long goddamn time to put out games and rule the market with NO competition.  Then Xbox comes along with the greatest FPS ever (Halo), and the most powerful console in existence (It would take a little under 3 PS2's to match Xbox's power).  But still, people are used to PS2 being around for a year and PS2 has a shitload more games (Think of the amount of games that Sony released in 2002...around that much more than Xbox).

So, yes...Sony is still dominating the market.  However, with Halo 2 coming, Rockstar and Sony better hurry up with the next GTA if they want any kind of chance.

PS: Microsoft will not make the same mistake as before.  When PS3 comes around, Xbox2 will be right behind it...even ahead of it possibly.

PSS: So Jome, Smooth, and all the other Sony "soldiers"...you go on and play your Vice City, Socom and Final Fantasy.  I'll be playin my Halo and Brute Force...games that Sony can't even come close to graphically.   8)

"This information of mines" I found on a PC-site, because Sony, Microsoft actually reveal their sales and earnings, which you try to close your eyes for.

If you think GTA is the only reason why PS2 is ever so much popular, then you must surely be retarded.
There is a million other reasons.. marketing, big games, timing, developer-contracts, the SONY-name alone, etc. etc.
And I can't see Halo 2 doing any harm on GRAN TURISMO 4 - ONLINE

And no, I'm not a "Sony soldier", I do not play "Socom" or "Final Fantasy",
I just like to point out your EXTREME closeminded viewpoints.

You act like X-Box will take over the world in any minute, while everybody else knows that X-Box will never be half as big as PS2.

I don't really care who's the biggest neither, because I like both Microsoft & Nintendo, it's just TOO funny seeing you overhyping X-Box to extreme degrees.

Obviously Jome is truly retarded...I said there were TWO reasons...not one.

You can't see Halo 2 doing any harm to GT4?  Jome...stop reading this post and think very carefully about what you have just said.  I've already heard numerous well-respected magazines and sites say that Halo 2 will not only be the best FPS the world has or ever will see, but may also become the best game on any console...period.

I have heard complete and total jack shit about GT4...

And sales?  You wanna talk about Halo 2 VS GT4 sales?  Ok, lets go.  In not that long of an amount of time, Halo went gold (one million copies sold).  Halo 2 will go gold in easily half of that time.  As far as GT sales are concerned, I don't know nor do I care.  I do know that Halo 2 is looking to be the greatest game ever...and GT4 may be the best RACING game ever, but it won't come near Halo 2.

Jome, I don't think that Xbox will take over the world.  I do know, however, that Xbox is the strongest console in the world, and that Halo 2 will shit on ANY PS2 game...period.  If you still debate that, then you are truly retarded.

PS: You still didn't say which site you went to.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
And another thing...why are people saying Halo 2 MAY be the best FPS shooter?

Who the fuck will compete with it?  DoomIII?  Halo 2 WILL be the best FPS the gaming world has ever had the honor to play.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Who the fuck will compete with it?  DoomIII?  Halo 2 WILL be the best FPS the gaming world has ever had the honor to play.

tru dat

Immortal

X-box has also dropped in price btw 8)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2003, 04:02:25 PM by Immortal Tech aka Apocalypse »
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yea same wit ps2, gamecube is the only one that didnt drop in price but its still the cheapest console avalible

Jome

I don't know nor do I care.

PS: You still didn't say which site you went to.

Yes, that's why it's so fun mocking you, you don't know and you don't care.

The sites I went to is named Itavisen.no and Hardware.no, but I didn't name them, because I assume you don't speak Norwegian.

Hehe... you make this too easy.

I have been to 3-4 gaming-sites, and they all said that Halo 2's buzz quickly died down after VALVE STUNNED THEM with Half-Life 2.
People was shocked when they saw how great HL2 looked compared to Halo 2.

And if you have seen screenshots from GT4, I don't think you would talk shit about that neither, because I doubt you could tell those screens from actual photos.

8)

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
I have also been to more than a few gaming sites, looked in gaming magazines, and have watched G4 (all-game TV station)...they have all said that while Half-Life 2 is looking to be a very powerful game, it just won't come near Halo 2.  And Jome...I'd rather trust well-known names like IGN, Gamespot, Game Informer Magazine, etc., over your Norwegian sites...

I am not dissing GT4 nor am I dissing Half-Life 2 (I probably will pick HL2 up), but they simply won't come close to Halo 2.  They will give it competition, no doubt about that, but it won't be very strong.  Face it, Jome, Halo 2 will be dominant.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Is half life 2 xbox exclusive?

its coming to pc (of course) but is it a console exclusive to xbox?

Jome

And Jome...I'd rather trust well-known names like IGN, Gamespot, Game Informer Magazine, etc., over your Norwegian sites...

Blaah, right.
Just because you can't understand a language you automatically assume they're not as trustworthy as English sites..
And I have been to several English sites too, so I know the Norwegian sites are on point.

Face it, Jome, Halo 2 will be dominant.

Yes, it will be dominant.
ON THE X-BOX !!!!!!!!!