Author Topic: MOUNT WESTMORE - BAD MFS/SNOOP CUBE 40 SHORT (Official Discussion)  (Read 35427 times)

Sccit

Re: MT. WESTMORE - UNTITLED (New Album 6/7)
« Reply #300 on: June 06, 2022, 10:17:10 AM »
No chance for streaming. We won’t hear it in near future. No one who paid so much money will leak it.

the artists will release it once the nft run is over

astra4322

« Reply #301 on: June 06, 2022, 10:17:46 AM »

the artists will release it once the nft run is over

Year? Two?

Al Bundy

« Reply #302 on: June 06, 2022, 10:19:48 AM »
No chance for streaming. We won’t hear it in near future. No one who paid so much money will leak it.

You don't know music collectors well then. Everything has a price - and I guarantee I can get access to this album without buying the NFT.

But honestly, this album will probably not be that great. I'm not interested in it much.

Sccit

« Reply #303 on: June 06, 2022, 10:32:20 AM »
Year? Two?

if i had to guess i’d say in a month or so

Safe+Sound

« Reply #304 on: June 06, 2022, 10:52:58 AM »
Let's do some math. 505 copies at $2998.40 = $1,514,192.00

Split 4 ways, that's $378,548 (assuming their evenly splitting the proceeds). This isn't including production costs and whatever else. I don't understand how this makes sense financially for anyone - even with whatever residuals they get from owners selling their NFTs. This is NOT a lot of money for them at all. The only thing this is maximizing is stupidity.

It just seems like these guys are plain dumb and don't know the first thing about finance. You'd think with all the experience they have with touring and marketing, they'd see how incredibly short-sighted this is. It's so greedy and unnecessarily so considering they're all loaded with cash. But it's their teams that manage their money and online accounts with platforms like Gala. If you sat any one of those four guys down and told them to setup a personal crypto account on their own, I'm almost certain they would have no fucking idea how to even start or what kind of hardware they'd need. So it makes even less sense than it originally did for them to be doing this at all.

Sccit

« Reply #305 on: June 06, 2022, 11:07:57 AM »
Let's do some math. 505 copies at $2998.40 = $1,514,192.00

Split 4 ways, that's $378,548 (assuming their evenly splitting the proceeds). This isn't including production costs and whatever else. I don't understand how this makes sense financially for anyone - even with whatever residuals they get from owners selling their NFTs. This is NOT a lot of money for them at all. The only thing this is maximizing is stupidity.

It just seems like these guys are plain dumb and don't know the first thing about finance. You'd think with all the experience they have with touring and marketing, they'd see how incredibly short-sighted this is. It's so greedy and unnecessarily so considering they're all loaded with cash. But it's their teams that manage their money and online accounts with platforms like Gala. If you sat any one of those four guys down and told them to setup a personal crypto account on their own, I'm almost certain they would have no fucking idea how to even start or what kind of hardware they'd need. So it makes even less sense than it originally did for them to be doing this at all.

i mean 378k is still money to these guys .. they’re not generating that much, despite what u think. they need every last dollar to support their lifestyle. i hope you’re sitting in a mufuckin castle to be calling their financial decisions “dumb”…..

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #306 on: June 06, 2022, 11:24:08 AM »
i mean 378k is still money to these guys .. they’re not generating that much, despite what u think. they need every last dollar to support their lifestyle. i hope you’re sitting in a mufuckin castle to be calling their financial decisions “dumb”…..

Thank you, it’s funny how fans are getting mad because veterans of the game want to get their cash upfront for their work.
All this “do it for the fans bs”…they have been doing it for the fans for almost 4 decades! While most of them get shafted by different platforms.

This life is all about hustling, get yours wherever you can.

I am 100% certain the music will hit all platforms soon but these legends can do whatever favours them, it’s their work.

Won’t be surprised if Part 1 is NFT and Part 2 released on Spotify, iTunes etc

But to get mad at people that has released loads of official projects, free mixtapes over the years for trying something different to get paid is so funny
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

Jay_J

« Reply #307 on: June 06, 2022, 11:52:46 AM »
Album cover.

Safe+Sound

Re: MT. WESTMORE - BAD MFS (New Album 6/7)
« Reply #308 on: June 06, 2022, 08:04:18 PM »
Tokenomics of Gala state that $0.10 USD of music token minted for each verified track play, and distributed as follows: 50% goes to the artist, 35% distributed evenly to all owners of the track being played, 10% is distributed across the music node network, and 5% to the specific node playing the track. In other words, for every song played, you would only get 10% of $0.10 (or 1 cent) that would be distributed across the network. So if there are 1,000 music nodes, you'd earn 1/1000th of a penny, i.e. it would take 1,000 songs to earn a penny. I don't think this infrastructure is even up and running yet so you can buy all the nfts you want but can't do anything with them. Oh and by the way music nodes are sold out; they were originally priced at ~$1,200 and are non-transferable. These are separate from founders nodes, which were like $90,000.

Just a quick snapshot here but this entire thing is a HUGE gamble for the consumer. The people at the top get rich and cash out while everyone else walks the tightrope. Of course, the pitch is that owners will get rich like old record execs would based on the popularity and success of the artists on the platform. This isn't something most people can afford to begin with.

Dangling an album in front of a collective 100+ million fans on social media and basically saying virtually none of them can have it unless they fork over at least $5K when it's all said and done is more of a cock tease than most strippers. They're taking "No Vaseline" to a whole new level here. Might as well just hit the slots in Vegas. At least you know what the odds actually are.

P.S. 0.00001% of 100,000,000 is 1,000. And that's twice the number of people who will be able to buy this album.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 08:18:18 PM by Safe+Sound »

The following users thanked this post: romson19, Hellquist

Jay_J

« Reply #309 on: June 06, 2022, 11:59:56 PM »
Tokenomics of Gala state that $0.10 USD of music token minted for each verified track play, and distributed as follows: 50% goes to the artist, 35% distributed evenly to all owners of the track being played, 10% is distributed across the music node network, and 5% to the specific node playing the track. In other words, for every song played, you would only get 10% of $0.10 (or 1 cent) that would be distributed across the network. So if there are 1,000 music nodes, you'd earn 1/1000th of a penny, i.e. it would take 1,000 songs to earn a penny. I don't think this infrastructure is even up and running yet so you can buy all the nfts you want but can't do anything with them. Oh and by the way music nodes are sold out; they were originally priced at ~$1,200 and are non-transferable. These are separate from founders nodes, which were like $90,000.

Just a quick snapshot here but this entire thing is a HUGE gamble for the consumer. The people at the top get rich and cash out while everyone else walks the tightrope. Of course, the pitch is that owners will get rich like old record execs would based on the popularity and success of the artists on the platform. This isn't something most people can afford to begin with.

Dangling an album in front of a collective 100+ million fans on social media and basically saying virtually none of them can have it unless they fork over at least $5K when it's all said and done is more of a cock tease than most strippers. They're taking "No Vaseline" to a whole new level here. Might as well just hit the slots in Vegas. At least you know what the odds actually are.

P.S. 0.00001% of 100,000,000 is 1,000. And that's twice the number of people who will be able to buy this album.

doggfather: cd copy?  :D

astra4322

« Reply #310 on: June 07, 2022, 12:37:33 AM »
CD copy??  ;D I wonder if we will ever have chance to hear it in some decent quality.

doggfather

« Reply #311 on: June 07, 2022, 02:55:12 AM »
doggfather: cd copy?  :D

Yes please.  ;D
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Jay_J

« Reply #312 on: June 07, 2022, 04:04:43 AM »
Yes please.  ;D

when it's leaked make yourself a cd copy on your own. :)

doggfather

« Reply #313 on: June 07, 2022, 04:31:07 AM »
Bitchasbootlegaz  ;) >:(
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

dnjp4life

« Reply #314 on: June 07, 2022, 05:09:05 AM »
I thought the album cover would be a bit more imaginative, the obvious thing would be to have all of their faces carved into stone like the real Mount Westmore.  But I guess that has been done by someone for their album cover before.