Author Topic: anybody ever beat a speeding ticket in the USA?  (Read 189 times)

budsmokeronly

anybody ever beat a speeding ticket in the USA?
« on: May 15, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »
I am gonna fight this ticket, has anyone ever done it before?  any tips, advice, websites, free lawyer advice?  Help appreciated, thanks.

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re:anybody ever beat a speeding ticket in the USA?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003, 12:45:48 PM »
never tried..but I did go to court after my 2nd ticket in 2 weeks and pleaded no-contest, the judge reduced my ticket from $120 to $35..not bad

Woodrow

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 12:58:01 PM »
I did...

Here is what I did...

You know your court date? Well I dunno how it is in Cali, but up here in Oregon, you can delay it up to 3 times if you have a prior commitment. I'm a student so I told them I had class and delayed it 3 times. I delayed it for as long as possible each time. This dragged on for a couple of months and so when my court time finally came, I showed up but guess who wasn't there! The cop who gave me the ticket! When the cops not there, they can't continue with the case so it just got dismissed.

You might wanna pick up this book:

An Educated Guide to Speeding Tickets: How to Beat & Avoid Them

I think it's on amazon.... Well worth the price.

Good luck

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2003, 01:03:50 PM »
... dont speed

or dont get caught....

i dont get a chance to these days on way to work.. its gridlock both ways

n whats the point of gunnin up the mway or wherever.. u dont get to listen to all ya music... n it really really doesnt make the journey that much faster unless you are reallly really really really pushing it.. in whcih case u deserve it :)

Kain670

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2003, 01:20:34 PM »
I am gonna fight this ticket, has anyone ever done it before?  any tips, advice, websites, free lawyer advice?  Help appreciated, thanks.

Give me more details on the situation and what State/City you live in?

I fought off a ticket ;D

budsmokeronly

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2003, 01:37:27 PM »
Give me more details on the situation and what State/City you live in?

I live in San Luis Obispo CA.  I was doing 40 in a 25, the violation that the officer wrote me up for was vehicle code 22350 which is unsafe speed.

Kain670

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2003, 01:48:40 PM »
So what are you trying to fight???

40 in a 25...........you might wanna try what Engel did

unless there is more to this story

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2003, 02:58:40 PM »
i fought off a ticket before with my gift of persuasion.

I have a 300$ ticket for numerous things and i got it reduced to Zero.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2003, 03:11:04 PM »
i fought off a ticket before with my gift of persuasion.

I have a 300$ ticket for numerous things and i got it reduced to Zero.

explain this one to me?  How did you fight it off?  Aren't you younger than 18?  What was your ticket for?

budsmokeronly

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2003, 03:21:57 PM »
OBJECTION, INDEPENDENT RECOLLECTION When the officer begins his testimony, more than likely he's going to read from the copy of his citation. You should immediately object to this since the officer is required to testify from independent recollection. You should also ask to see what the officer is referring to even though you have received a copy of the citation through subpoena. More than likely the Judge will allow the officer to use his notes to refresh his memory, if the officer indicates to the court that he requires the notes to testify properly. This starts everything for dismissal because the sixth amendment to the Constitution guarantees you the right to be confronted with the witnesses against you. In this case, the officer and his testimony, not the citation, are the witnesses against you. If the officer can not recollect the circumstances of your ticket, he may be consider incompetent to testify. You have to prove that the officer is unable to testify without his notes to make him an incompetent witness. If the back of the citation and the officer's notes signifies SB 124, then all he can testify to is SB 124, not Southbound on highway 124. As you'll soon see the notes on the back on the officers citation can hurt the officers' testimony and help you greatly.

here is something cool I found.

Hellrazor818

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2003, 04:13:58 PM »
Move to Germany! Drive on our Autobahns. Our government wont steal your money like yours.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2003, 04:39:42 PM »
nah i am 18 and i talked my way outta it just by makin up good lies

Jome

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2003, 06:57:23 PM »
Move to Germany! Drive on our Autobahns. Our government wont steal your money like yours.

;D ;D

Finally a funny Tomekk post..

I always speed, but I know where every radar is, and I know about 95% of the places the police usually have controls, so I'm probably never gonna get caught..  8)

Hellrazor818

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2003, 07:59:53 PM »
Another option would be to buy a korean car. They dont go above 50 mph and you will never get a ticket again, they simply dont have the power. Whatever you do, dont buy a German car, those things are created with so much power, speed, and perfection, you are sure to get a ticket.

Sub-Z

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2003, 08:12:29 PM »

;D ;D

Finally a funny Tomekk post..

I always speed, but I know where every radar is, and I know about 95% of the places the police usually have controls, so I'm probably never gonna get caught..  8)

and tomorrow you get pulled over lmao  ;D