Author Topic: DR. DRE - GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)  (Read 14623 times)

Malcy

Re: All New Dr. Dre Songs from GTA
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2021, 02:43:39 AM »
Played the first leg of The Contract and heard the first song with Eminem... holy shit, that beat. As I approached the penthouse in the mission, it was just the instrumental. As I got closer to the door, I kept thinking "damn, that beat sounds hard" - and  it grew louder and louder until it sounded like the music was going to blow the door wide open when I got there. I entered the penthouse and the music just consumes you - you can't hear shit except the music - and then Dre starts rapping. It was fucking GOLDEN. Anyone with a decent audio setup playing this game got to hear very decent song quality. It was great.

I felt like I was in the room when playing it. Sounded incredible.

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

thegooddoc

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2021, 06:01:42 AM »
its not DOC on the hook.

Interesting.  do you know who it was?

Orbyte

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2021, 06:28:09 AM »
More news for 2022 is coming. I'm not posting the picture, because y'all are tired of those anyway.

D-TalkX

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2021, 07:13:18 AM »
Any ways to purchase/download these tracks yet?

AftermathBeats

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2021, 07:13:54 AM »
More news for 2022 is coming. I'm not posting the picture, because y'all are tired of those anyway.

What Picture did you mean ?

Orbyte

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2021, 07:34:59 AM »
Any ways to purchase/download these tracks yet?
Maybe tomorrow or they will stay gta exclusives forever.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 07:41:29 AM by Orbyte »

NuWest

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2021, 07:35:26 AM »
is it Game on fallen up or no?

Orbyte

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2021, 07:36:38 AM »
is it Game on fallen up or no?
Someone said it's "THURZ". I've never heard of him.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2021, 07:45:05 AM »

Probably already been posted but these little video game movie style clips they are very well done!!  Got DJ Pooh up in there, and Jimmy Irvine as like a George Constanza type of character.. it’s so well done and written Im thinking maybe Pooh might have been a writer on this and goes great with the music...

I’m not a gamer so I’m still not sure how this all works and how it works financially but I can say I’m seeing the Dre gold standard of quality on all of this.  These new tracks are solid!!!

I could watch a whole movies worth of material like this

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2021, 07:50:54 AM »
Played the first leg of The Contract and heard the first song with Eminem... holy shit, that beat. As I approached the penthouse in the mission, it was just the instrumental. As I got closer to the door, I kept thinking "damn, that beat sounds hard" - and  it grew louder and louder until it sounded like the music was going to blow the door wide open when I got there. I entered the penthouse and the music just consumes you - you can't hear shit except the music - and then Dre starts rapping. It was fucking GOLDEN. Anyone with a decent audio setup playing this game got to hear very decent song quality. It was great.

Dope.. I’m not a gamer so I was wondering how it works on that end and it sounds dope as fucc... these are probably dumb questions but is it an entire game you purchase for like $50 with Dre on the cover and his game so it probably sells millions of copies so it would be like him going double platinum or something cause he has to split it with the people making the actual game...
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2021, 08:12:37 AM »
not a gamer either...hoping these tracks will find their way on to a physical release...they are dope 8)

astra4322

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2021, 08:58:20 AM »
It's a collection of songs, why not just call it an EP  :-X
Why not calling it Detox 2? Call it what you want but it’s not EP and it’s not released.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2021, 08:59:20 AM »
Beats by Dre to garbage by Dre recently but I feel like that’s maybe harsh on this since it’s just a bunch of tracks probably just put together for this gta thing

ETA feels dope - I hear some comments about this new music Dre coming up with is grown man music LOL Dre 56 years old - chronic 2001 was revolutionary grown man music as was much of the music he made after that for a short period of time - anyway I like this, it does feel like “grown man” shit I guess - seems to be the most polished track from the six I heard  - solid 4/5 even by Dre standards l, nothing about it is extraordinary but it all sounds organic

Falling up - shit sounds dated IMO - beat reminds me of what dr did for jay-s trouble but I liked that and I like this beat too and Dre sounds very good on this - hook is terrible as is the way the track kicks in, could have had some work done on it , doesn’t feel like a leftover but not something that would ever make a Dre album either l, put together joint 3.5/5

Gospel - sounds incomplete but okay - beat is decent, Dre sound good and so does Eminem - I like the comments Dre be dropping in about his life in his music from time to time, “looking for my next gold digger” or something of the sort made me laugh - felt there were moments in the beat were the change up or progression felt very Dre-ish too as opposed to just touching up and mixing - 3.5/5

The other three felt like trash to me but I’ve only heard it all  once so far - with a title like black privilege I was hoping for some epic shit lol anything but

Anyway for some shit thrown together for gta it’s not bad at all 3 outta 6 for me which isn’t bad if it leads to some future collection from Dre but if this it, then this definitely ain’t it but it’s just good and exciting to hear some Dre shit

astra4322

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2021, 09:00:19 AM »
Maybe tomorrow or they will stay gta exclusives forever.
Roctsra confirmed that it will remain as game exclusive tracks. No album/ep will be released since Dre doesn’t want to. So enjoy shitty quality rips.  :-X
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 09:24:25 AM by astra4322 »

Orbyte

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2021, 09:38:32 AM »
Roctsra confirmed that it will remain as game exclusive tracks. No album/ep will be released since Dre doesn’t want to. So enjoy shitty quality rips.  :-X
You keep saying that the rips are shitty... did you even listen to them? The newest uploads sound absolutely fine.

I'm not able to play the gta missions so I don't know if they got more bass or so. But other than that they sound good.