Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - BACC ON DEATH ROW (Official Discussion)  (Read 13847 times)

astra4322

Re: SNOOP DOGG - B.O.D.R (New Album 2/13)
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2022, 09:18:00 PM »
I still hope we get some music from vaults.

Sccit

« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2022, 10:59:32 PM »
Did snoop finally buy Death Row?

Later in the interview, Snoop hints that he might even get his shot. “A little birdie told me it may fly my way,” Snoop teases. “If I can get Def Jam poppin’, what could I do with Death Row? Just imagine that.”

https://www.okayplayer.com/music/snoop-dogg-wants-to-buy-and-revive-death-row-records.html

certainly seems like a possibility and potentially something he’s waiting for the super bowl to announce

Jay_J

« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2022, 11:24:20 PM »
I don't think he would promote death row with all this powerful marketing for free if he didnt own it (or a piece of it)...

astra4322

« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2022, 12:22:52 AM »
It's weired that all posts from Death Row IG are gone.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2022, 02:54:09 AM »
He didn't get Def Jam poppin'   but let's wait and see

AftermathBeats

« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2022, 07:17:50 AM »
New Kurupt Interview about Death Row , it‘s a movement and that they working together again .
Something has to do with the new Snoop Record

Safe+Sound

« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2022, 01:04:56 PM »

dnjp4life

« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2022, 02:13:15 PM »
How insane would it be if Snoop acquired the rights to Death Row Records and resurrected it as a current and working record label?! And if he somehow got Suge involved in it too, since the two of them are tight again.

I have to say, even though it wouldn’t be as legendary as the first go-round, I would still love to see it happen.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2022, 02:24:50 PM »
He didn't get Def Jam poppin'   but let's wait and see

well there’s only been one release under snoop

would be historical to see a def jam/death row collab album

Jay_J

« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2022, 10:05:27 AM »
I have a feeling that B.O.D.R. will have features from lots of former death row artists including Dr. Dre... it was announced that dr. Dre will be rapping on mt.westmore album, then it was told eminem will be the only guest, that song feat. Dre might take place on BODR.

BenGagnon

• Lil Geezy

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one

Safe+Sound

« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2022, 05:07:10 PM »
That article is in French bruh. You’re gonna have to translate

So much for them.

A few weeks ago, Snoop Dogg confided his desire to buy back his old Death Row label. Unfortunately, the operation could not be done which vexed the Long Beach rapper who intends to take revenge with his new post ches Def Jam.

All this might sound like in-house cooking, but this is somewhere in the heritage of American rap and Snoop Dogg is a little cross-eyed that he was denied Death Row as he explained in a recent interview with GQ.

"I wanted to be CEO of Death Row Records. I basically wanted to take over the catalog, re-release music, make documentaries and maybe tell the story of my life."

For this, he approached the former owners of Death Row Music, eOne Music with the aim, to buy the label, but they indicated that they were not looking to sell. Soon after, the Blackstone Group bought the label, which, according to Snoop, "hurt" him. Instead of giving up, he decided to change his shotgun.

"I knew that Def Jam didn't have a CEO and I didn't want to be CEO, but I wanted to take a consulting and creative position. So I arranged a meeting and I met Lucian [Grainge, president and CEO of Universal Music Group, owner of Def Jam]. Def Jam is bigger and better than Death Row anyway. So I called LL Cool J: 'LL, what's going on with your life story?'"

Perhaps this was the best decision to make.

The following users thanked this post: Duck Duck Doggy

Sccit

« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2022, 07:04:17 PM »
So much for them.

A few weeks ago, Snoop Dogg confided his desire to buy back his old Death Row label. Unfortunately, the operation could not be done which vexed the Long Beach rapper who intends to take revenge with his new post ches Def Jam.

All this might sound like in-house cooking, but this is somewhere in the heritage of American rap and Snoop Dogg is a little cross-eyed that he was denied Death Row as he explained in a recent interview with GQ.

"I wanted to be CEO of Death Row Records. I basically wanted to take over the catalog, re-release music, make documentaries and maybe tell the story of my life."

For this, he approached the former owners of Death Row Music, eOne Music with the aim, to buy the label, but they indicated that they were not looking to sell. Soon after, the Blackstone Group bought the label, which, according to Snoop, "hurt" him. Instead of giving up, he decided to change his shotgun.

"I knew that Def Jam didn't have a CEO and I didn't want to be CEO, but I wanted to take a consulting and creative position. So I arranged a meeting and I met Lucian [Grainge, president and CEO of Universal Music Group, owner of Def Jam]. Def Jam is bigger and better than Death Row anyway. So I called LL Cool J: 'LL, what's going on with your life story?'"

Perhaps this was the best decision to make.

interesting

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2022, 05:03:28 AM »
I hope he won't be mentioning Death Row in every song it will make it so gimmicky