Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - BACC ON DEATH ROW (Official Discussion)  (Read 14286 times)

JohnnyMovie

Re: SNOOP DOGG - BACC ON DEATH ROW (Official Discussion)
« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2022, 07:32:42 AM »
DJ Green Lantern lost his mind with that Crip Ya Enthusiasm beat lol, I love how he flipped the theme for this G song.

AftermathBeats

« Reply #346 on: February 11, 2022, 07:51:53 AM »
Album is #1 on itunes USA hip hop charts

Sccit

« Reply #347 on: February 11, 2022, 08:02:02 AM »
DJ Green Lantern lost his mind with that Crip Ya Enthusiasm beat lol, I love how he flipped the theme for this G song.

shits dope

topdogg188

« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2022, 08:02:24 AM »
listened to it 3 times now today, good album i'd put it somewhere behind coolaid, neva left, i wanna thank me ane ego trippin though. As other reviews mention some good tracks are not long enough.

Don't like the Daddy or Pop Pop songs, could have done with out those and the album could have ended after Catch a vibe for me- I just dont like uncle murda and the last 3 songs are annoying.

Crip ya Enthusiasm and Gotta Keep Pushing i can just about live with.

Laidback Sounds

« Reply #349 on: February 11, 2022, 09:11:55 AM »
Not feeling the album.

It feels like his def jam compilation part 2.

Snoop delivers some good raps but the selection of beats is so and so.

I love the Battlecat tracks coming back and outside the box they are the best beats on the album.
The other good songs are the feat with Nas it sounds like some real east coast hip hop (in the style of Griselda), and the mob infused track catch a vibe is a trip too.

Now a lot of choruses made by feats. are not that great, where are the Latoya Williams, Charlie Wilson etc... Where also are the DPG, RBX, Warren....

Had high expectations with this one like BODR he would deliver that album that we are all waiting since Doggfather, but wont happen anymore i guess.

I wonder as well who did the mix it's not extra. Maybe it's tracks collected over the years that he assembled on an album and maybe added to that a few new...
To me as well it sounds again like his previous recent projects, never bringing us to the old good groovy vibes (except for Battlecat dope work) but never completly new style either, was expecting a vintage sound for this one would have been perfect with the title. Snoop did a 7 days of funk why not giving that vintage sound lil project we all love just the time of a project, just get Battlecat and Quik on the production, and Daz too, no need for others...

Luv Snoop, his voice , topics, rhymes on this one but come on the beats should be important too !!!!!!!!!!!

5/10 for me for that project.

ps : that track "get this dick" is saturating like a mofo

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #350 on: February 11, 2022, 09:35:18 AM »
It feels as if Snoop was alone in the studio, doing the skits and intros which kinda show the lack of effort. Make things interesting, add Dre on Still Smokin, have Dj Quik mix the album like he did with Ego Trippin... Again its starting to show that his camp is greedy and on a very tight budget. Shitty mixing, left over beats, affordable features and DahDah videos

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #351 on: February 11, 2022, 09:41:22 AM »
Outside the box and snoopy don’t go. Pretty much all the Battlecat joints are dope but overall disappointing album with all the death row hype. No Dre? Put your ego aside for a minute.

astra4322

« Reply #352 on: February 11, 2022, 10:06:21 AM »
The only thing I don’t understand is features.

escowino

« Reply #353 on: February 11, 2022, 11:11:22 AM »
Loving the new album. I like all the songs except the last 3, Crip Ya Enthusiasm, and Daddy (cuz I can't stand autotune!). But all the rest, I'm really liking! Snoop needs to press up hard copies of this, Algorithm, and Streets 2 Tha Suites, whats takin so damn long.

The following users thanked this post: JeremyM

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #354 on: February 11, 2022, 11:30:12 AM »
Loving the new album. I like all the songs except the last 3, Crip Ya Enthusiasm, and Daddy (cuz I can't stand autotune!). But all the rest, I'm really liking! Snoop needs to press up hard copies of this, Algorithm, and Streets 2 Tha Suites, whats takin so damn long.

It's 2022, DSP's no more hard copies

Jay_J

« Reply #355 on: February 11, 2022, 11:48:45 AM »
Outside the box and snoopy don’t go. Pretty much all the Battlecat joints are dope but overall disappointing album with all the death row hype. No Dre? Put your ego aside for a minute.

outside the box might be the worst song featuring Nate Dogg unfortunately... there's nothing special about the production and the melody.

i feel the same about other BC productions on this album and on algorithm. but looks like snoop picks that kind of motown/rnb/soul type of battlecat beats. i want real battlecat bangers like "secrets", "i wanna thank me", "let bygones be bygones", "ballin", "intrology", "g'd up", "cali is active"...

doggfather

« Reply #356 on: February 11, 2022, 12:40:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #357 on: February 11, 2022, 03:12:45 PM »
outside the box might be the worst song featuring Nate Dogg unfortunately... there's nothing special about the production and the melody.

i feel the same about other BC productions on this album and on algorithm. but looks like snoop picks that kind of motown/rnb/soul type of battlecat beats. i want real battlecat bangers like "secrets", "i wanna thank me", "let bygones be bygones", "ballin", "intrology", "g'd up", "cali is active"...

u trippin! outside the box is classic snoop brodie

me n doggy was just bumpin that in the whip .. smooth af

So Much Style

« Reply #358 on: February 11, 2022, 06:00:58 PM »
pretty good. the nas song sounds like nas wrote snoops verses..dope shit
So much style back at it again

Al Bundy

« Reply #359 on: February 11, 2022, 09:27:53 PM »
I'm not stuck in the 90's when it comes to rap but I honestly wasn't feeling this album much outside of the intro. Hopefully this grows on me after a few more listens.