Author Topic: THE GAME - DRILLMATIC (Official Discussion)  (Read 9835 times)

Matty

Re: THE GAME - DRILLMATIC (Official Discussion)
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2022, 09:30:01 AM »
all this talk about Game got me bumping some of his old classics 8)

absolutely zero interest in this new album full of trap beats.

dan9700

« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2022, 09:57:41 AM »
all this talk about Game got me bumping some of his old classics 8)

absolutely zero interest in this new album full of trap beats.
[/quote
exactly the album is horrible this is not progress, his old stuff is still fresh now days, this album is a snooze fest like every artist now days

Matty

« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2022, 10:01:57 AM »
undoubtedly he's improved as a rapper, a lot even. but the music is garbage. for reference i didn't enjoy the Nas LPs with Hit-Boy either.

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

Safe+Sound

« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2022, 10:55:17 AM »
Game is not a very creative artist. His past success rode on the backs of others who had decent ideas that he then added to. You can see the huge drop-off after that group of people left. He's never been able to recover and meet - much less surpass - his initial success because of this; because it wasn't just him.

Now he's just delusional. This is his "best work"? Album of year??  ::)

When people really have talent, it doesn't matter where they go, they're the golden goose. Dr. Dre is a perfect example. He left the label he helped create with nothing and created something else. TWICE. Each time, he surpassed his previous successes.

Sccit

« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2022, 12:14:31 PM »
for reference i didn't enjoy the Nas LPs with Hit-Boy either.

:dwill:

Sccit

« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2022, 12:16:21 PM »

honestly i don’t even wana check this because of how long it is

if it was 12-16 tracks max i woulda been peeped

the reviews ain’t helpin out neither

tempo2

« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2022, 12:34:44 PM »
its an okay album I think would be the best way to describe it. Its not terrible like some people are saying but its not great either. Its okay. Some good songs on there, probably about 4-5 that I would listen to in the future, album is obviously way to long, not sure what the logic behind that was? I'm unsure about hitboy as a producer especially an executive producer I just don't think he can handle a full album of beats on his own, I felt the same way with his work recently with nas. He has some stuff that slaps but over a full album I find him repetitive and a bit bland as a producer. Game is a nice mc but he is just not creative in the slightest, his art form is not at all malleable and i feel he cant bend and warp his music into anything other than the same shit his done for the last 10 years. his not evolved as an artist at all.

The following users thanked this post: Matty

Hellquist

« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2022, 12:48:16 PM »
The album is 2 hours, but there is a lot of heat on here. Hit-Boy only produced four tracks. Just because someone else doesn't like the album doesn't mean you will too. Is this one of Game's best albums? No. Is it his worse? Not even close. I am loving more rappers dropping double albums. Every rapper should have at least one in their discography.

h2k4

« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2022, 04:42:01 PM »
Game is not a very creative artist. His past success rode on the backs of others who had decent ideas that he then added to. You can see the huge drop-off after that group of people left. He's never been able to recover and meet - much less surpass - his initial success because of this; because it wasn't just him.

Now he's just delusional. This is his "best work"? Album of year??  ::)

When people really have talent, it doesn't matter where they go, they're the golden goose. Dr. Dre is a perfect example. He left the label he helped create with nothing and created something else. TWICE. Each time, he surpassed his previous successes.

The hell are you even saying?  He's dropped Documentary, Doctor's Advocate, LAX, Jesus Piece, Documentary 2 and 2.5. All of these albums are great/classics. I won't even touch the countless mixtapes he's dropped.

People have to stop using sales as a measure of success. You can say whatever you want about his corny antics outside of rap but you can't deny his musical talent.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2022, 05:04:39 PM »
The hell are you even saying?  He's dropped Documentary, Doctor's Advocate, LAX, Jesus Piece, Documentary 2 and 2.5. All of these albums are great/classics. I won't even touch the countless mixtapes he's dropped.

People have to stop using sales as a measure of success. You can say whatever you want about his corny antics outside of rap but you can't deny his musical talent.

Ummmm... If you don't understand what I said, I can't help you. Pretty straight forward though.

I'm denying his musical talent. Sorry. Feel free to disagree. To me, he's average at best.

P.S. The rappers themselves use sales as the success metric. They brag about it all the time on their own songs, Game included. There are exceptions to this sales:talent ratio like most other things but the fact remains.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 05:10:55 PM by Safe+Sound »

h2k4

« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2022, 05:18:23 PM »
Ummmm... If you don't understand what I said, I can't help you. Pretty straight forward though.

I'm denying his musical talent. Sorry. Feel free to disagree. To me, he's average at best.

P.S. The rappers themselves use sales as the success metric. They brag about it all the time on their own songs, Game included. There are exceptions to this sales:talent ratio like most other things but the fact remains.

:umad:

You've provided zero facts for your assessment of Game as an artist but I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

Artists care about sales because...get this....that's their job....You are a fan of the music that does not get paid from it. So, again, stop using sales as a metric of a successful/quality album. If that's the case, NBA Youngboy is a certified GOAT based on the amount of streams he has.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

phatj

« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2022, 05:54:05 PM »
World Tours with Nip is the highlight. Not a fan of Em whatsoever,  but he needs to respond to this lower energy diss track. Game lost it after Lax and that was only couple songs here and there

topdogg188

« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2022, 01:24:59 AM »
tracklist been changing on youtube music - O.P.P and World tours are now missing off that but were on there yesterday.

topdogg188

« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2022, 01:27:36 AM »
did the song wit nipsey initially leak or was it left off before it dropped?

I downloaded it from here:
https://dailynewhiphop.com/mp3-download/the-game-ft-nipsey-hussle-world-tours/

The following users thanked this post: The Predator

doggfather

« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2022, 01:34:34 AM »
I am loving more rappers dropping double albums. Every rapper should have at least one in their discography.

Phuck no! Please no!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The following users thanked this post: Sccit