Author Topic: THE GAME - DRILLMATIC (Official Discussion)  (Read 9854 times)

Hellquist

Re: THE GAME - DRILLMATIC (Official Discussion)
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2022, 07:10:13 AM »
We live in a different era. If this was the physical era I would understand. You can put whatever you want on streaming sites. Double albums, deluxe, remix albums, instrumental albums, so many options for artists. Taylor Swift is doing her albums over like re-recording old albums with new versions and putting them on these sites. People have to come to reality and realize the old way is long gone. I play sports games and this album is perfect to listen to playing 2K for a couple of hours.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2022, 07:55:09 AM »

:umad:

You've provided zero facts for your assessment of Game as an artist but I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

Artists care about sales because...get this....that's their job....You are a fan of the music that does not get paid from it. So, again, stop using sales as a metric of a successful/quality album. If that's the case, NBA Youngboy is a certified GOAT based on the amount of streams he has.

Dude... this is an OPINION thread. We're not in court. Making your case for an opinion is easy. But usually people in here who can't argue just start making personal attacks after a single exchange about any given artist.

And don't tell me what to do  ;D  Again, artists brag about sales in their music and use it as a measure of success. They care because um, no sales = no living. If you have that much of chip on your shoulder, yell at them about it. And I'm sure there is a group of people who think Youngboy is the GOAT who would happily argue with you.

doggfather

« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2022, 10:52:24 AM »
To me, he's average at best.

+1, but thats not a bad think.

95% of the rappers are average or abowe average.

Only 1 Snoop  is there. And only one kendrick.

There are only a few Genius on the mic.

And there are NOT as many classics as u guys usin the term.

Average mc,and rapper can be worth to listenamd makin enjoyable music, album and doin great shows.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

h2k4

« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2022, 12:32:21 PM »
Dude... this is an OPINION thread. We're not in court. Making your case for an opinion is easy. But usually people in here who can't argue just start making personal attacks after a single exchange about any given artist.

And don't tell me what to do  ;D  Again, artists brag about sales in their music and use it as a measure of success. They care because um, no sales = no living. If you have that much of chip on your shoulder, yell at them about it. And I'm sure there is a group of people who think Youngboy is the GOAT who would happily argue with you.

Aite man. I see you on your troll game. Carry on, big dawg...

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Safe+Sound

« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2022, 01:14:39 PM »
We live in a different era. If this was the physical era I would understand. You can put whatever you want on streaming sites. Double albums, deluxe, remix albums, instrumental albums, so many options for artists. Taylor Swift is doing her albums over like re-recording old albums with new versions and putting them on these sites. People have to come to reality and realize the old way is long gone. I play sports games and this album is perfect to listen to playing 2K for a couple of hours.

Taylor Swift re-recorded her albums because she doesn't own her masters. Very smart move on her part while she's still young and can pull off the vocals.

Hellquist

« Reply #245 on: August 14, 2022, 07:59:27 AM »
It was just an example of what artists can do on streaming sites. They can put more content out. Most artists don't sell physicals anymore, but I do respect the ones who do sell CDs and vinyl. I like consuming music so I have no problem with double albums or deluxe editions.

astra4322

« Reply #246 on: August 14, 2022, 09:32:11 AM »
One of the best albums in 2022 IMO.

dan9700

« Reply #247 on: August 14, 2022, 02:31:39 PM »
One of the best albums in 2022 IMO.
no way, but to be honest there hasn't been any good rap albums

Sccit

« Reply #248 on: August 14, 2022, 06:05:08 PM »
no way, but to be honest there hasn't been any good rap albums

:camby:

thegooddoc

« Reply #249 on: August 14, 2022, 07:00:02 PM »
This one song bodies Game's entire album without even trying.

I thought you were exaggerating, until I listened to it.  You were right. 

Game-Won

« Reply #250 on: August 14, 2022, 09:47:24 PM »
I like the album.

This goes hard in the car.
I seen the reviews and alot of people do not like it tho. Do yourself the favor and listen on a good audio system. The beats are amazing and Game can rap.
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

doggfather

« Reply #251 on: August 14, 2022, 11:32:02 PM »
ok, i gonna check this finally!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Mista Rosa

« Reply #252 on: August 15, 2022, 01:41:00 AM »

honestly i don’t even wana check this because of how long it is

if it was 12-16 tracks max i woulda been peeped

the reviews ain’t helpin out neither

Listen to it. To me it's a good album, I enjoy it. Some really dope tracks on it. And yes it deserves to be listened with a decent system.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life

heisenberg

« Reply #253 on: August 15, 2022, 03:18:28 AM »
Listen to it. To me it's a good album, I enjoy it. Some really dope tracks on it. And yes it deserves to be listened with a decent system.

like everything...

dan9700

« Reply #254 on: August 15, 2022, 03:24:14 AM »
I like the album.

This goes hard in the car.
I seen the reviews and alot of people do not like it tho. Do yourself the favor and listen on a good audio system. The beats are amazing and Game can rap.
No sound system in the world can make the beats sound dope; they are all forgettable no hard west coast beats like he used to have, each song just sounds the same like artists now days, it has more trap style beats