Author Topic: THE GAME - DRILLMATIC (Official Discussion)  (Read 9804 times)

mtbsm

Re: THE GAME - DRILLMATIC (New Album Coming Soon)
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2022, 10:38:14 AM »
Hoping a lot of this is Hit Boy helmed

Game-Won

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2022, 04:54:43 PM »
Good to see Joe Moses on.

Hoping to see Skeme, Mozzy, YG or Jay Rock on it aswell.
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

mtbsm

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2022, 03:10:17 AM »
https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.67670/title.the-game-hit-boy-drillmatic-rapper-producer-duo-nas-dj-premier-jay-z-just-blaze

man just can't help but be so corny - nas just did 3 albums with Hit Boy and has another coming! and Game going to anoint him and Hit an iconic duo?

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

lakersalltheway

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2022, 08:19:18 PM »

Another snippet I found. I guess he is going all in with the Nas flow to match the name of the album.

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2022, 06:34:18 PM »
just heard the new single on the radio out here

lakersalltheway

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2022, 07:42:08 PM »
just heard the new single on the radio out here

which station? Power? Or are you just talking about Eazy?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 07:53:23 PM by lakersalltheway »

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2022, 08:09:01 PM »
which station? Power? Or are you just talking about Eazy?

eazy .. it was on 92.3 i believe

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2022, 10:35:23 PM »

romson19

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2022, 02:26:31 AM »
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

romson19

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2022, 06:10:00 AM »
what happened to Beans voice? he sounds horrible these days

RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2022, 08:50:46 AM »
He lost a lung after getting clapped and now sounds like an old Mafia don. Pen is still as sharp as ever but his voice is totally different from his old booming baritone:

lakersalltheway

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2022, 11:59:50 PM »

This is the song Beanie jumped on.

jman91331

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2022, 08:52:06 AM »
His first 3 albums were great, when he had more of that old school Dr. Dre flow.  Then he developed the high pitched whiney Kanye Flow, slowly switching to the Nipsey flow.  All those albums were really hit or miss, a couple good tracks here and there, sort of like how Snoop albums are these days.  Then he came with Documentary 2.0 and 2.5....near classics, then back to his Nipsey flow again. 

Dunno what to expect for this one, i'm sure there'll be a few bangers, and the rest so-so.  Production has seemed to hurt him the last 5 or 6 albums.  A personal choice, but i just don't feel a lot of his beat selections.  He tries so hard to be modern and mainstream sounding and the mainstream rejects him, while alienating his core audience who love his more classic westcoast flow.  I wish he'd get that deep gravely voice back that he had on his first few albums.  Ever since then it sounds like someone kicked him in his nuts and his voice never recovered.   
Game has dope lyrical ability and the potential to do great things, but he settles for mediocre bullshit. As good as a rapper he can be, and a person who's been around the world I'm sure at least anew times, going through real life issues that would make for some good ass songs, but dude would rather rap about riding through la gangbanging and name dropping and rapping with whoever is popular's flow. Nobody wants to hear about no 40 + year old grown father rapping about shit the late teen and early 20 year old brothas are going through. Unless the theme of the album is like a prequel before he was rapping then cool, but if not he needs to step his pen up. I think he has an identity crisis or some shit and looks for approval (hence the tactics he does on ig like the thirst traps, or the different hair styles and all that) he needs to get real people in his corner to tell him that the shit he doing ain't it.

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2022, 10:32:27 AM »
Game has dope lyrical ability and the potential to do great things, but he settles for mediocre bullshit. As good as a rapper he can be, and a person who's been around the world I'm sure at least anew times, going through real life issues that would make for some good ass songs, but dude would rather rap about riding through la gangbanging and name dropping and rapping with whoever is popular's flow. Nobody wants to hear about no 40 + year old grown father rapping about shit the late teen and early 20 year old brothas are going through. Unless the theme of the album is like a prequel before he was rapping then cool, but if not he needs to step his pen up. I think he has an identity crisis or some shit and looks for approval (hence the tactics he does on ig like the thirst traps, or the different hair styles and all that) he needs to get real people in his corner to tell him that the shit he doing ain't it.

he’s basically lebron james in the body of a rapper

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte