Author Topic: Was there any buzz for Helter Skelter or Chronic II in the mid-nineties?  (Read 490 times)

Hellquist

The following users thanked this post: abusive

Okka

Suga Foot

I had a friend that had this poster.  I was 11 in 1994 so I don't remember that much.

abusive

So the Chronic 2 is a myth?
Isn't there a list of tracks in the DR archives? If so, wouldn't the Helter skelter tracks be listed?
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

So the Chronic 2 is a myth?
Isn't there a list of tracks in the DR archives? If so, wouldn't the Helter skelter tracks be listed?

not a myth at all, dre just left before they could put it out

abusive

not a myth at all, dre just left before they could put it out
So that was the album California love was supposed to be on? I always said an album with songs like that and keep ya head ringing would have been dope.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

So that was the album California love was supposed to be on? I always said an album with songs like that and keep ya head ringing would have been dope.

yup

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

I'll have to check but off the top I remember Dre sayin "California Love" was the only song he had recorded for he Chronic 2 album.  That doesn't sound like Dre because he is recording all the time, so it would seem he always has a stash... but I could swear he said that, it might even be in the interview for the classic source mag in my sig, I'll check.  But I remember him saying, "When I sat down to record my album, that's the only song I had for the album was California Love.  Just that song.  So I wasn't ready to put anything out.  Pac came along..."

So my point is "Keep You Heads Wringing" was like the only song Dre came out with between Murder Was the Case and All Eyez On Me.  In fact, 2pac dissed Dre sayin something like, "it take this nigga 3 years to do one fuccin song."  So to think that Dre could've put out a whole album of bangers like..

"Natural Born Killaz"
"Keep Your Headz Wringin"
"California Love"

--If Dre made an album of all songs like that?!? On that level?!?  Damn man... Dre is great, the greatest producer ever actually, but a whole album of songs on that level?!?  That would be the most amazing album in history.
 That's asking a bit much, even for Dre standards.  It took a long time for Dre to come up with those joints, and they were like the only joints he felt like releasing in that period.   I'm sure if he had made other bangers on that level he definitely would've found a way to release them on soundtrack or somebody else's album.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)