Author Topic: Suge paid off J-Flex to make Dre diss track — $25,000  (Read 630 times)

Dee Tha AK

Re: Suge paid off J-Flex to make Dre diss track — $25,000
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2022, 09:54:47 PM »
25k for one track is a lot of money even now

I liked the diss track I thought the beat was dope and j Flexx flowed nicely

The beat samples "ain't no fun" & yeah j-flexx doin his thing. "You'll never be quincy jones of rap"

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2022, 11:08:56 PM »
You're really overestimating how impactful Who Been There was on the decline of DR. It was on a compilation that no one bought thwas released after both Dre and Snoop left and after Pac died. I'm not even certain Daz, Kurupt, and Soopafly we're even still on the label when it finally hit store shelves.

not sure what you are talking about.

Death Row's greatest hits came out near the tail end of 1996' and Snoop's Doggfather was still working the charts at the time, his second single "Vapors" was still making its rounds and the third single "Doggfather" was still being filmed and dropping--so Snoop was very much still on Death Row.  As for Sooopafly, he was becoming the MAN at Death Row along with Daz, when they released "Put the Monkey In It" early summer 97' for the NOthing to Lose Soundtrack Soopafly and Daz were most definitely card carrying inmates on Death Row.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Tony Trey

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2022, 04:45:26 AM »
not sure what you are talking about.

Death Row's greatest hits came out near the tail end of 1996' and Snoop's Doggfather was still working the charts at the time, his second single "Vapors" was still making its rounds and the third single "Doggfather" was still being filmed and dropping--so Snoop was very much still on Death Row.  As for Sooopafly, he was becoming the MAN at Death Row along with Daz, when they released "Put the Monkey In It" early summer 97' for the NOthing to Lose Soundtrack Soopafly and Daz were most definitely card carrying inmates on Death Row.

My mistake.  I got confused and thought that Who Been There was released on Chronic 2000.  Either way, I don't think it had that big of an effect on the collapse of Death Row.  Death Row fell apart because (1) 2Pac and BIG died and mainstream radio blamed the Westcoast and wouldn't play their music outside of a few artists and (b) Suge couldn't stay out of jail.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2022, 05:43:06 AM »
My mistake.  I got confused and thought that Who Been There was released on Chronic 2000.  Either way, I don't think it had that big of an effect on the collapse of Death Row.  Death Row fell apart because (1) 2Pac and BIG died and mainstream radio blamed the Westcoast and wouldn't play their music outside of a few artists and (b) Suge couldn't stay out of jail.

Yeah I can confirm for a fact that Snoop got zero radio play in NYC from "Tha Doggfather" album...the only west coast artist that got consistent play here after Pacs death was Pac until Bitch Please came out in '99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 09:02:48 PM »
Yeah I can confirm for a fact that Snoop got zero radio play in NYC from "Tha Doggfather" album...the only west coast artist that got consistent play here after Pacs death was Pac until Bitch Please came out in '99

Didn't know you were from the East Coast?  So you were showing love to the West when everyone else out there was beefing?  What was that like?  In the midwest everyone was riding with the West Coast until 2pac died and Doggfather underwhelmed--then everyone flipped to Bad Boy and No Limit.  Lot of ignorant fans in midwest.

Yeah.. "Bitch Please" brought about the West resurgence for sure. 

HighEyeCue

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2022, 03:53:51 AM »
Didn't know you were from the East Coast?  So you were showing love to the West when everyone else out there was beefing?  What was that like?  In the midwest everyone was riding with the West Coast until 2pac died and Doggfather underwhelmed--then everyone flipped to Bad Boy and No Limit.  Lot of ignorant fans in midwest.

Yeah.. "Bitch Please" brought about the West resurgence for sure.

yeah I grew up in a part of Queens not too far from the QB projects...I actually put a lot of my friends on to West Coast music when they were listening to Nas, Mobb Deep and CNN...basically we were listening to both west and east (mostly QB) but were always riding with Pac and Death Row against Biggie and Bad Boy till the end

The following users thanked this post: Okka, Duck Duck Doggy, Dee Tha AK

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2022, 10:51:46 PM »
J-Flexx always had dope songs not really feeling his post drama stuff but he's talented

ImNotKash

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2022, 11:59:16 AM »
I'm still waiting for Flexx to write a hit for himself lol that'll happen in Neveruary lol

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2022, 02:35:08 PM »
yeah I grew up in a part of Queens not too far from the QB projects...I actually put a lot of my friends on to West Coast music when they were listening to Nas, Mobb Deep and CNN...basically we were listening to both west and east (mostly QB) but were always riding with Pac and Death Row against Biggie and Bad Boy till the end

Y’all
Didn’t fuck with BIG?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2022, 05:01:10 PM »
Y’all
Didn’t fuck with BIG?

at the time no…I started listening to Biggie after he passed in ‘97

he definitely got his respect in Queens while he was alive, though not at Nas or Mobb level

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2022, 02:06:08 AM »
Y’all
Didn’t fuck with BIG?

Nah.. Pac warned us about Big. 

You can't listen to something just because it sounds good.  There are 4 pathways to the heart.  What we see, what we hear, what we feel, and what we think.. all reaches the heart.  It goes in through your ear hole and into your subconscious and makes you follow Shatan.

Pac was Black Jesus and Puffy was working for the devil. 

Okka

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2022, 04:17:18 AM »
I'm still waiting for Flexx to write a hit for himself lol that'll happen in Neveruary lol

Cool. His unreleased album is great though.

Tony Trey

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2022, 06:10:46 AM »
Cool. His unreleased album is great though.

I'll second this. It was pretty dope. Sad that E1 couldn't get us more unreleased music before they went under.

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2022, 09:36:05 AM »
25k for one track is a lot of money even now

I liked the diss track I thought the beat was dope and j Flexx flowed nicely

2Pac got 250 000 for one Song from da row in 94

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2022, 06:02:21 AM »
He paid him $500 for Natural Born Killers - and the publishing was waived on it. The other songs I forget how much. I mean, I understand it to a degree especially when you have to send Suge up to the office to get your publishing check for Been There Done That because Dre won't send it. I still like both sides though.