Author Topic: 26th Anniversary Of At The Speed Of Life (Xzibit)  (Read 351 times)

midwestryder

Re: 26th Anniversary Of At The Speed Of Life (Xzibit)
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2022, 01:50:19 PM »
It went hard though... cause it was like Xzibit was trying to be all sanctimonious on "Papparazi" and then ended up getting served on Makaveli. 

I'm as big of an Xzibit fan as anyone, but still call a spade a spade--he got served on the most historic album in rap history.  He didn't get it as bad as other rappers though--they didn't even say his name.  A lot of industry cats got it way worse--so they showed respect for him being from the coast and having skills.

I think even Xzibit would admit that when he heard that shit he was like, "damn they got me". 

You say it's "idiotic" okay.  He even calls himself "worthless".  Meaning he wasn't shit until he got wit Pac and decided to bomb first !!!!!!!!!  BOOM !!!
nope Xzibit did not get served because hip hop is only about skill, respect and knowledge and not about making money,. If you're in it for the money and not for the love of Hip Hop then you're not Hip Hop and you're being a culture vulture

Jay_J

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2022, 02:21:10 PM »
Yeah he's Top 5 in my book... 2pac, Eminem, Nas, Snoop, then Xzibit.

And his first 3 albums were all Classic, then Man vs. Machine had some great songs but wasn't a great album.  A couple of the tracks in fact were unlistenable. 

Then he had that heroic comeback album later in life when he dropped Napalm.

i believe man vs machine is a great album. as i see its underrated restless might be a top 10 west coast hip hop album of all time, so it really raised the bar. man vs machine was uynlucky to come out after that.maybe less smash hits but lots of dope songs. half of album mixed by dr. dre.

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2022, 08:31:39 PM »
"Paparazzi"
"Birds Eye View"
"Da Foundation"

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2022, 09:48:11 PM »
nope Xzibit did not get served because hip hop is only about skill, respect and knowledge and not about making money,. If you're in it for the money and not for the love of Hip Hop then you're not Hip Hop and you're being a culture vulture

facts

which is why xzibit is who he is and, while the outlawz are dope, there’s a reason they never reached that stature

and the line pretty much explains that

where’s your heart at? if you in it for the money & the fame then your spirit is confused

so while the line sounded dope when bomb 1st dropped n we was all kids goin “ooooohhh!!!!”

in retrospect, he really dissin himself in the big picture

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2022, 12:07:27 AM »

facts

which is why xzibit is who he is and, while the outlawz are dope, there’s a reason they never reached that stature

and the line pretty much explains that

where’s your heart at? if you in it for the money & the fame then your spirit is confused

so while the line sounded dope when bomb 1st dropped n we was all kids goin “ooooohhh!!!!”

in retrospect, he really dissin himself in the big picture

"In 96 y'all thought I was dissing but I was teaching" EDI @ XZ

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2022, 04:32:56 AM »

Like the line itself is what was dope.  Your overall point is right.  Hip-Hop should be for the love and not for the money.  That part is true.  But that doesn't mean that the most truest of cats couldn't still get dissed by a hot line timed perfectly, in the perfect song, on a perfect album, and with the perfect artist (2pac).

Not to mention; keepin it real was an even bigger deal in 96' then doing it for the love of hip-hop.  So what they were really calling Xzibit out for is for not keeping it real... like, "bullshit--you know you in it for the money".

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2022, 02:34:08 PM »
"Bustin shots @ Paparazzi" All Out"

BIGWORM

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2022, 05:40:51 PM »
I love this album straight through! It's an album that doesnt sound like a bunch of singles smashed together.

It also has one of my favorite songs of all times on it "The Foundation" produced by DJ MUGGS.... The Lyrics are deep as fuck and the beat is fire!

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, Dee Tha AK