Author Topic: CROOKED I - DEAR CALIFORNIA EXPERIENCE (Official Discussion)  (Read 852 times)

astra4322

Re: CROOKED I - DEAR CALIFORNIA EXPERIENCE (Official Discussion)
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2023, 11:56:59 PM »
Waiting for it to drop on streaming platforms.

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

killagee

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2023, 06:46:46 AM »

astra4322

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2023, 01:09:10 AM »
Out on streaming platforms. 8)

The following users thanked this post: Sir Dogg

Tony Trey

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2023, 02:14:44 PM »
Sadly, as per usual Crooked proves that he is technically a great lyricist, but none of his solo projects ever really stick me. His best shit has been the duo albums with Joell Ortiz and I think it's because Joell motivates Crook to consider story telling, emotions, and connections.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2023, 07:11:41 PM »
Sadly, as per usual Crooked proves that he is technically a great lyricist, but none of his solo projects ever really stick me. His best shit has been the duo albums with Joell Ortiz and I think it's because Joell motivates Crook to consider story telling, emotions, and connections.

his best is statik kxng

doggfather

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2023, 01:26:41 AM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Young Old Head

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2023, 03:07:09 AM »
I fux with it. Solid production, perfect length for a solo EP... His best solo project in a while imo.

Cash Money Blood Gang

SuperSpider

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2023, 01:31:26 PM »
I'm probably one of the people with the most extensive Crooked I track collections in the world but after the last few projects he holds my interest less and less. There's so much coulda woulda shoulda with him as an artist but whether it is beat selection, project decisions or a bunch of other reasons ....the projects are just very underwhelming

Will always be in my top 5 ever regardless though
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 01:42:52 PM by SuperSpider »

The following users thanked this post: Tony Trey

Tony Trey

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2023, 01:01:06 PM »
I'm probably one of the people with the most extensive Crooked I track collections in the world but after the last few projects he holds my interest less and less. There's so much coulda woulda shoulda with him as an artist but whether it is beat selection, project decisions or a bunch of other reasons ....the projects are just very underwhelming

Will always be in my top 5 ever regardless though

Same feeling here. I was a mod on his official forum back in the Dynasty Records days. I had so much hope for Crooked, but his inability to release a solo album for years, especially after the original Hip Hop Weekly, killed any momentum he had. Ever since, his official solo albums have all been just disappointing due to boring production, other than Statik Kxng. By contrast, his group projects (Slaughterhouse and the Joell duos) have always been excellent, probably because having other artists along side him seems to motivate him to write his best stuff and it seems those other artists have better ears for beats.

SuperSpider

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2023, 03:26:19 PM »
Same feeling here. I was a mod on his official forum back in the Dynasty Records days. I had so much hope for Crooked, but his inability to release a solo album for years, especially after the original Hip Hop Weekly, killed any momentum he had. Ever since, his official solo albums have all been just disappointing due to boring production, other than Statik Kxng. By contrast, his group projects (Slaughterhouse and the Joell duos) have always been excellent, probably because having other artists along side him seems to motivate him to write his best stuff and it seems those other artists have better ears for beats.

I wholeheartedly agree......wish we got just one last Slaughterhouse album before they disbanded for good but all hope is now lost :mjcry: