Author Topic: Joe Budden In Need of Throat Sugery  (Read 193 times)

KURUPTION-81

Joe Budden In Need of Throat Sugery
« on: May 19, 2003, 04:54:22 PM »
Looks like there is some bad news for Joe Budden. His popularity is soaring with the success of his new single "Pump It Up" & "Focus". The self-titled debut is due out in June. As everything looks on the ups, the rapper is having problems with his voice. According to reports, Budden has a non-cancerous tumor on his right vocal cord.

Im having voice problems. I have a polyp on my right vocal cord, Budden told AllHipHop.com. Im not even supposed to rap. A polyp is a non-cancerous tumor that protrudes from the lining of an organ..
Budden said a doctor has recommended that he stop spitting his popular rhymes to allow his throat time to repair and, still, he may have to go under a surgeons knife to mend the damage.

I might have to get surgery to get my voice back. I got some swelling going on back there. It just comes from a lot of acid. I drink a lot of acidy sh*t. Youll never see me without a beverage,he said. Even now, my voice is a whole lot deeper than normal. You can hear something is going on.

The New Jersey-bred, Harlem-born rapper said the relentless schedule of interviews, touring and other promotional outlets has put a tremendous strain on his gravely voice.

I was doing shows and Def Jam got behind the [album] project. There was so much I was doing, I was doing the dot come sh*t, photo shoots, in-stores I was doing so much and during the shows, I would come out rapping and in the middle of the show, my voice would disappear. It would just go away completely. It was very embarrassing, he said.

When that continued and continued and continued happening, it was time to see what the fuck was wrong. Matter of fact, when it was time to wrap this album up and I couldnt record, it was time to go to a doctor.

At press time, there was no update on the 22-year-olds status, but he continues to push his Def Jam debut, which is scheduled to come out in June. Hopefully it's nothing serious and he can get back to what he does best, rap.  
« Last Edit: May 19, 2003, 04:57:26 PM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

PLANT

Re:Joe Budden In Need of Throat Sugery
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 08:40:39 PM »
talk about bad timing ???

thats pretty shitty especially when your albums about to drop :'(

DaSchizophrenic1

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 08:57:34 PM »
Why do they censor "shit" but not "fuck"...LOL...

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 11:18:24 PM »

Good luck homie..
I wish Joe all the best in the world.
May he recover and sell the mill's everyone expects.

Hatesrats 2oooTre

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 08:56:58 AM »
That sucks for him. I wish him the best of luck.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2003, 09:58:14 AM »
Yeah That sucks big time ...Pump it Up is a Tiight joint

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 10:04:59 AM »

Good luck homie..
I wish Joe all the best in the world.
May he recover and sell the mill's everyone expects.

Hatesrats 2oooTre
Second that..shitty timing..but quality hopefully shines thru

pZ

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2003, 10:13:11 AM »
whats all the hype with this dude? i've heard alot of his tracks and he doesn't impress me at all. sounds like another average mixtape rapper to me.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2003, 12:16:04 PM »
whats all the hype with this dude? i've heard alot of his tracks and he doesn't impress me at all. sounds like another average mixtape rapper to me.

Yup, my thoughts exactly

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2003, 12:39:46 PM »
I just think he has potential....id rather back potential than someone who shows nothing at all but hype...ive liked a few of his tracks and his bootleg album ripped a while back.

pZ