Author Topic: NBA draft lottery  (Read 281 times)

pappy

Re:NBA draft lottery
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2003, 11:23:06 PM »
look at Kobe he was the same situation as Lebron...Look where kobe is now.

Kobe was never overhyped like Lebron was...Kobe was 13th pick overall, and was traded for Vlade Divac...They didn't expect shit out of him...

please tell me ur joking.  there was a lot of hype around kobe when he got drafted.  Just not as much as lebron.  the thing with kobe was how long was it goin take him to develop an what was his ceiling  going to be.  But the way elior makes it out 2 sound, he makes it sound like kobe was supposed to be like corie blount.  Lebron will become a superstar.  Ofcourse not in his 1st an 2nd season.  But tell me what kid drafted right outta high school was a dominant force right away.  None were.  how come it seems so many people on this board wanna see lebron flop.  It seems like its mostly lakers fans that wanna see lebron flop or keep tryin to put him down like he has no game what so ever.  If lebron wasnt good why the fuck would every major sports media outlet being hyping this kid up for.  May expectations wise he will be a flop cuz there calling him the next jordan an no1 will ever be the next jordan.  sorry nik neither will kobe an also u said kobe was the best ever.  Well slam magazine had him at number 60.  they said by the end of his career he might be in the top 10.  but back to lebron,  he wont live up to the mj comparison but he will be a star top 10 player in the league as long as he keeps his head straight

LMAO!!! Okay smartass...If they expected so much out of Kobe, tell me why they traded him for Divac, who was already passed his prime and wasn't considered anything above a decent player...Maybe there was hype around Kobe for being a player coming straight out of high school and all (back then that wasn't very common), but not nearly as overhyped as Lebron James...I mean, come on now... no one even dared compare Kobe to Jordan when he first came in the league...Look at this Lebron guy...He's already bigger than 95% of the players in the NBA...

Ofcourse not in his 1st an 2nd season.  But tell me what kid drafted right outta high school was a dominant force right away. None were.

Kevin Garnett, Amere Stoudmire...Sorry Tom, you must stick to baseball...PeACe
kevin garnett did not become a dominant player untill his 3rd season.  He averaged what 17 points his 2nd season.  Thats good numbers but hardly dominant.  He had a good 2nd season  but nothing mind blowing like he is doing now.  Amerie stoudmire,  i'll give u him.  He had a very good rookie season for some1 straight outta high school.  But scitt tellin me stick to baseball... please.  U got me on one player amerie stoudimire.  How many other fuckin times have i schooled you on basketball knowledge including in this fuckin thread.  Maybe u should stick to your vast knowledge of hip hop you claim to have even tho u rarely post in the raps boards here

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2003, 04:33:19 PM »

Kobe was never overhyped like Lebron was...Kobe was 13th pick overall, and was traded for Vlade Divac...They didn't expect shit out of him...

please tell me ur joking.  there was a lot of hype around kobe when he got drafted.  Just not as much as lebron.  the thing with kobe was how long was it goin take him to develop an what was his ceiling  going to be.  But the way elior makes it out 2 sound, he makes it sound like kobe was supposed to be like corie blount.  Lebron will become a superstar.  Ofcourse not in his 1st an 2nd season.  But tell me what kid drafted right outta high school was a dominant force right away.  None were.  how come it seems so many people on this board wanna see lebron flop.  It seems like its mostly lakers fans that wanna see lebron flop or keep tryin to put him down like he has no game what so ever.  If lebron wasnt good why the fuck would every major sports media outlet being hyping this kid up for.  May expectations wise he will be a flop cuz there calling him the next jordan an no1 will ever be the next jordan.  sorry nik neither will kobe an also u said kobe was the best ever.  Well slam magazine had him at number 60.  they said by the end of his career he might be in the top 10.  but back to lebron,  he wont live up to the mj comparison but he will be a star top 10 player in the league as long as he keeps his head straight

LMAO!!! Okay smartass...If they expected so much out of Kobe, tell me why they traded him for Divac, who was already passed his prime and wasn't considered anything above a decent player...Maybe there was hype around Kobe for being a player coming straight out of high school and all (back then that wasn't very common), but not nearly as overhyped as Lebron James...I mean, come on now... no one even dared compare Kobe to Jordan when he first came in the league...Look at this Lebron guy...He's already bigger than 95% of the players in the NBA...

Ofcourse not in his 1st an 2nd season.  But tell me what kid drafted right outta high school was a dominant force right away. None were.

kevin garnett did not become a dominant player untill his 3rd season.  He averaged what 17 points his 2nd season.  Thats good numbers but hardly dominant.  He had a good 2nd season  but nothing mind blowing like he is doing now.  Amerie stoudmire,  i'll give u him.  He had a very good rookie season for some1 straight outta high school.  But scitt tellin me stick to baseball... please.  U got me on one player amerie stoudimire.  How many other fuckin times have i schooled you on basketball knowledge including in this fuckin thread.  Maybe u should stick to your vast knowledge of hip hop you claim to have even tho u rarely post in the raps boards here

LoL...Please man...Garnett was amazing his first season...He averaged 15 points straight out of high school...

PS...I used to ONLY post on the Hip-Hop boards back in the day, but now everyone is on 50 Cents nuts and I feel out of place, so I only come here for the sports and the G-Spot sections when I'm bored...

pappy

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2003, 06:52:49 PM »

LoL...Please man...Garnett was amazing his first season...He averaged 15 points straight out of high school...

PS...I used to ONLY post on the Hip-Hop boards back in the day, but now everyone is on 50 Cents nuts and I feel out of place, so I only come here for the sports and the G-Spot sections when I'm bored...
Kevin i believe averaged 10.7 points in his first season.  in his 2nd season averaged 17.0.  In his 3rd season averaged 18.2.  He didnt average over 20 points untill his 4th season nik.  He also did not start averaging 10 boards a game untill his 4th season

pappy

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2003, 11:23:37 PM »

Kevin i believe averaged 10.7 points in his first season.  in his 2nd season averaged 17.0.  In his 3rd season averaged 18.2.  He didnt average over 20 points untill his 4th season nik.  He also did not start averaging 10 boards a game untill his 4th season

geeeez did i son nik again on what he claims to be sport he has the most knowledge about.  an more knowledge about it than any1 on this board....................yea i did,  damn elior u got a knack for gettin yourself sonned

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2003, 02:38:15 PM »
plz stop quoting the excessively long quotes.. gets annoying to scroll

and who gives a fuck? let him play and we will all see..

(lottery turnout in other draft related topic)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 02:46:26 PM by ·SiNiStEr· »
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2003, 12:47:02 AM »
The reason for Kobe not having any hype was the timing. At the time, the only players that came out of high school to play NBA ball were Moses Malone, Shawn Kemp and Kevin Garnett. All big men. So when the 1996 draft came, a 6'6" guard was not exactly a player people figured was ready for the NBA. No one can replace tall, but a guard needs to be skilled, and high school players were not ready yet. So when the Charlette Hornets were offered Vlade Divoc, a proven big man, for Kobe Bryant, a player that was not proven at all, the Hornets jumped on it, for Bryants development could be wasted, and he could never mature. Jerry West saw different, and wanted him, and save money since the main reason for the trade was to free up cap room to sign Shaq, and Vlade was an expensive back up.

Fast forward to now, a Kobe and T-Mac later, and high school guards turn out to be pretty exciting. Add to that the highest selling NBA jerseys are T-Mac and Kobe, amoung other exciting guards. LeBron James is a highly athletic, and extremely talented player. He is the player that all teams want, simply because he can excite a crowd, and draw big attentance numbers. And after Kobe and T-Mac, two player that had hype, but the small player risk. (funny, small at 6'6") Sam Bowe was picked over Jordan because the Blazers thought a big man would be more of a sure player, can't coach size theory. Same with the Hornets trading Kobe for Vlade, because size is a safer bet. Now though, GMs do not want to be known as the GM that past on T-Mac, or Kobe, and instead be known as the GM that picked up the next greatest player. It's a risk, but the rewards have proven to outweight the safe theory and picking up Carmelo Anthony, who may be as good, or better, but LeBron has just too much talent to pass up on. And in the end, we will know for sure what the right choice is, but the hype LeBron is getting, would not have happened if not for the Kobes and T-Macs allowing guards to be seen as legit high school NBA players first.