Author Topic: About the 213 Album  (Read 297 times)

Devon (BP)

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
About the 213 Album
« on: May 21, 2003, 08:49:34 AM »
No one else agree this should have been released 93/94. I have a bad feeling this is going to be one of the most anticipated albums of the year and considering Snoop will have promotion on radio and his own TV show and so on and Warren will have his Amps and speakers etc to push further exitiment this will seem to be a good album but I personally feel all the 213 have fell off. I'm sorry but that's how I feel. Just look at their albums now

Snoop - Paid Tha Cost To Be Tha Bo$$
Warren G - Return Of The Regulator
Nate Dogg - Music & Me

2 Outta 3 were considered flops and nothing but non talented dependant on production especially Snoops.
Take a look at their albums back then and see what a 213 Album would have done for us

Snoop - Doggystyle
Warren G - Regulate

We would have had more tracks like Aint No Fun (if the homies cant have none) and regulate with some raw snoop vocals

Can anyone else see this album turning out to be over praised when released?

Megaveli

• 'G'
Re:About the 213 Album
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 08:52:32 AM »
yeh man thats how most of the shit today is-overproduced

does the 213 have enough material of the old days recorded to put up a old collection of songs for an album release?

Devon (BP)

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 08:57:53 AM »
Yeh but I doubt they'll release anything from the good days. Remember Warren worked for the Row and Snoop wont get his masters off Suge

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 08:58:25 AM »
correction Paid Tha Cost To Be Da Bo$$ was certified "flop" by the die-hard fans but was a success for the  hiphop audiience

and me...I would like to hear something new from them you know mixing the ol with the new

and one thing that y'all should understand is that they dont only make music for "US"  so they will have to bring something to please everybody. Oh and for those that dont want any guest appareance from east coast rappers because its a 213 album and, well I understand but its not like it was a compilation about  213 & the area its just the name of the group. Anyway cant wait for this hope it will be a success and that everybody will like it

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 11:27:51 AM »
correction Paid Tha Cost To Be Da Bo$$ was certified "flop" by the die-hard fans but was a success for the  hiphop audiience

and me...I would like to hear something new from them you know mixing the ol with the new

and one thing that y'all should understand is that they dont only make music for "US"  so they will have to bring something to please everybody. Oh and for those that dont want any guest appareance from east coast rappers because its a 213 album and, well I understand but its not like it was a compilation about  213 & the area its just the name of the group. Anyway cant wait for this hope it will be a success and that everybody will like it

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003, 12:27:36 PM »
Well,if Snoop does this with as much fire as the shit he did with Felli Fell,Daz,Marvin Gaye and the Watcher part 3,wich are his latest tracks he might surprise many of you. This combined with the dope beats Warren has dropped and the great singing by Nate Dogg lately (if you ask me he ripped it on "From LB to BC") and everything might turn out very well with 213.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Jome

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2003, 05:55:09 PM »

*Cough*

Well,if Snoop does this with as much fire as the shit he did with Felli Fell,Daz,Marvin Gaye and the Watcher part 3,wich are his latest tracks he might surprise many of you. This combined with the dope beats Warren has dropped and the great singing by Nate Dogg lately (if you ask me he ripped it on "From LB to BC") and everything might turn out very well with 213.

Yeah, Snoop's been picking up pace lately..
Maybe he realized that "Pimp Snoop" can't live forever..  8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 09:50:16 PM »
Lets not forget Nate ripping it up on Cali Deeze by Shade Shiest. Nate stole that song, like he does when he is passionite in his work. Warren's production can be some of he greatest production ever, though as of late it's been falling off a bit, but over all great. Snoop can still rap the shit out of a beat, but it's either hit of miss, sometimes hit, sometimes miss. Overall, they all have shown weakness, but that happens with over 10 years in the public eye. Everyone gets to know you well. If this happened in 1994 or 95, the hype would be more, and we would expect more because we didn't get a flop from anyone yet. but flops happen, and now we know that it could happen now. Lets hope not, 213 has to be the greatest DPGC release ever in my opinion, because it needs to reestablish the DPGC, and promote new artist so that the 213/DPGC legacy can continue.

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2003, 07:01:05 AM »

Yeah, Snoop's been picking up pace lately..
Maybe he realized that "Pimp Snoop" can't live forever..  8)

Lets hope...
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

.: God Is One :.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • .:CPT´s own REAL Muthaphukkin G´:.
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2003, 07:34:44 AM »
Dont worry, it´s gonna be tight! im pretty sure cuz i´ve been listening to Warrens "ROTR" lately and there´s some heat on that one like: Young Locs slow down, It aint nothing wrong with you, The Intro, Your sazzy ways, Streets of Longbeach, lookin at you etc etc Maaaan you cant deny that theese arent good songs!? Warren will bring the best out of himself when it comes to this album!

Peace
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"

Hydro

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2003, 08:10:03 AM »
Yeah, I think that it will be a tight album. Hopefully there aren't too many guest appearences. Hopefully it will just be people from the DPG camp. No East Coast rappers on there PLEASE! Keep this album strictly West Coast material.

NOW AVAILABLE------->Click HERE To Download

dexter

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2003, 08:37:23 AM »
The boss wuz a success 4 the hiphop audience, I Agree with Big CHILLAH.

mc roky 4 real

• Lil Geezy
  • representin mbc till i die
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2003, 09:29:01 AM »
213 will be a bomb
street life...

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2003, 11:09:50 AM »
Hopefully it will just be people from the DPG camp. No East Coast rappers on there PLEASE! Keep this album strictly West Coast material.

I Would like it with just thoese three... and maybe 3-4 songs with Tray Deee, Dj Quik (that would be greeeat) and Daz... But there will probably be like 9 other rappers, and 4-5 of them is gonna be East. I aint hattin, but i just wanna this album to be Hot and WEst. You know make the West be what it was, on the G-funk era... And i would also like the Snoop Dogg / Daz album to be done, cuz ya know when Daz does a album he kinda allwase keep it gangsta (rap), and i would like to se/hear Snoop on one of thoese albums again... But that they probably will forget about realy fast  :-\
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010