Author Topic: Kevin Hart / Dre  (Read 775 times)

mtbsm

Kevin Hart / Dre
« on: July 15, 2023, 06:03:49 PM »
Dre was on his little wine thing. If you have that Peacock bs check
It out otherwise some clips on YT

Sccit

Re: Kevin Hart / Dre
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 11:24:21 PM »

AftermathBeats

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 04:03:24 AM »
Full Interview

The following users thanked this post: The Predator

The Predator

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 02:56:53 AM »
The next time Dre's name pops up on album credits will be  -

'Casablanco' - Marsha
'Missionary'  - Snoop Doggy Dogg

The following users thanked this post: Dwax-187

mtbsm

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 06:08:15 AM »
hope so

The following users thanked this post: Dwax-187

Dwax-187

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2023, 02:46:54 PM »

'Casablanco' - Marsha

When is Marsha supposed to come out?

Like the man said, he makes music still because he wants to, not because he has to or has anything left to prove…

Fingers crossed he drops Missionary. 

Jay_J

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2023, 03:45:11 PM »

'Casablanco' - Marsha

Detox - Dr. Dre
Untitled - Helter Skelter

mtbsm

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2023, 04:22:21 PM »
He tells a story about Steve Wonder clearing a sample for Marsha’s album.

Sounds like someone more interested in things outside of the studio but by the same token he never wants to leave his house and studio - who knows what we’ll get. The man shelves movies and TV series ffs

mtbsm

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2023, 04:51:22 PM »
Anyone know what Iovine, Dre, Paul Rosenberg and Fred Wreck were all in London for? They showed up to 50’s bday party at some restaurant. They didn’t make the trip for that I’m guessing

Zeccy

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2023, 08:47:55 PM »
Anyone know what Iovine, Dre, Paul Rosenberg and Fred Wreck were all in London for? They showed up to 50’s bday party at some restaurant. They didn’t make the trip for that I’m guessing

Any pics?

The Predator

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2023, 11:05:40 PM »
They might of been out there choppin it @ some big biz meeting, 50 just happened to be in town playing at a festival and it also was 50's birthday...i wonder if they all drank bacardi?

Slim Shady put on a few years, all that pill poppin'  ;D

The Predator

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2023, 11:56:47 PM »
When is Marsha supposed to come out?

This year most likely, it's actually done and ready to go...as for 'Missionary' according to Ice-T it's also completed, Dre sent him tracks over the phone for feedback.

Info on  Casoblanco -

Dre revealed that their sessions were initially birthed out of a plan to make music for him, but it turned into something totally different.

“And the way it started out was she actually flew down to work on some songs for me,” Dre said. “And all of a sudden I’m like okay let’s work on some songs for you. Let’s work on three or four songs and all of a sudden that turned into an entire album over a two-week period.”

“I just finished recording an album with Marsha Ambrosius,” Dr. Dre wrote while sharing a selfie with a room full of musicians. “Casablanco I had a blast!! This is some of my best work!!”

Violist Eric Gorfain shared more details about the album on his Instagram Stories, revealing recording sessions took place over the summer.

“The cat is out the bag,” he wrote. “I spent this summer arranging strings for this entire album, reuniting with @drdre and @marshaambrosius. Casablanco is seriously good. Marsha is ridiculously good. Dre is The Greatest.”

Dr. Dre previously teamed up with Marsha Ambrosius on four songs off his Compton album 2015, including “Genocide,” “All in a Day’s Work,” “Darkside/Gone” and “Satisfaction.” In 2014, Dre also featured on “Stronger” off the UK artist’s Friends & Lovers album.

Other collaborations between the pair include The Game’s “Start from Scratch” and Nas’ “Hustlers,” along with Busta Rhymes’ “Cocaina” and “Get You Some.”

The Predator

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2023, 12:44:44 AM »
He tells a story about Steve Wonder clearing a sample for Marsha’s album.

Stevie made Dre change the lyrics to the song on the sample he cleared, proabaly too vulgar/explicit unless it was just creative advice.

Dre had a chance to make some new fresh music with Wonder recently, but passed on it just like he did with MJ and Prince  >:(
Well @ least we will get to hear what he does with a Wonder sample on Marsha's album.

Jay_J

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2023, 01:33:20 AM »
Stevie made Dre change the lyrics to the song on the sample he cleared, proabaly too vulgar/explicit unless it was just creative advice.

Dre had a chance to make some new fresh music with Wonder recently, but passed on it just like he did with MJ and Prince  >:(
Well @ least we will get to hear what he does with a Wonder sample on Marsha's album.

Dre had already worked with Stevie Wonder on Busta's "Been Trough The Storm" from The Big Bang album which is my favorite joint on the album.

The Predator

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2023, 06:32:26 AM »
Dre's never worked with SW, sample yes.

Snoop has though -

Snoop Dogg Tells The Tale Of Collaborating With Stevie Wonder On LP 'Bush'
Scott Heins

As we inch closer and closer to the release date of Bush, Snoop Dogg's upcoming all-Pharrell-produced LP, more and more funky tales of the album's creation continue to leak. Now, the Doggfather himself has confirmed that he used the promise of a harmonica feature to lure R&B legend Stevie Wonder into the studio for a feature session.

Bush already benefits from the sunny vocal work of the The Gap Band's Charlie Wilson, but at a point near the record's completion, Snoop realized he needed another funky arrow in his quiver. "This shit would be dope if we put Stevie Wonder on there," Snoop recalled. "And then Pharrell was like, 'You think you can get it?' I'm like, 'Hell yeah I can get it."

"They got him right on the phone and I was like, 'Unc, what's happenin?' I'm with Pharrell, we in the studio, we got a record for you. He was like, 'Pharrell?' I'm like, 'We got one, n**ga, me, you and P. It's so motherfucking magical right now. Could you just come play the harmonica on it?' He was like, 'I'll be there.'"

The harmonica promise was enough to lure Stevie over (although really, can you believe it was that hard to convince even Mr. Wonder to join in on a Snoop Dogg-Pharrell joint?), and from there Snoop managed to coax some vocal work out of him.