Author Topic: Kanye West & Dr. Dre - Jesus Is King II (Full Album Leak)  (Read 2143 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: Kanye West & Dr. Dre - Jesus Is King II (Full Album Leak)
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2023, 06:30:13 PM »
I feel so out of the loop, but if you listen to "Closed on Sunday" and then listen to "Lyrics to Go" by A Tribe Called Quest, Tribe used that sample so much cleaner and better.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Inferio07

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2023, 07:07:27 PM »
I really enjoyed this album!!!! Don't know if it will officially be released but I have no complaints

Matty

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2023, 09:32:22 AM »
i think it's decent overall. i'm not the biggest fan of Kanye's later work but the Dre versions are better than the previous versions of these songs. also it's not clear how these tracks would have been sequenced on a final version. it's obvious why Khaled chose the Use This Gospel Remix for release as it's a standout. This Is The Glory is also good especially the Dre segments but there are so many different versions of this track who knows how it would have ended up.

so potentially a great project if it was finished & sequenced properly. there's a certain sound Dre brings with the new drums/bass which is bright, crispy and not a million miles away from the sonics on Compton. as it stands about half of it doesn't do much for me but the rest is nice. good tracks:

Intro - great production with the different segments & switch-ups. classic Dre cinematics
LA Monster - much better than the other leaked versions of this track
Water - good hard hitting groove
Hands On - nice beat but quality not great on the leak
Ashes - good Computer Love sample, best mellow track
Use This Gospel - easily the most epic beat, standout
This Is The Glory - another one hindered by the low quality leak & too many alternate versions to judge properly. final Dre section is very nice.

The following users thanked this post: Marco

Elson

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2023, 06:36:50 AM »
i think it's decent overall. i'm not the biggest fan of Kanye's later work but the Dre versions are better than the previous versions of these songs. also it's not clear how these tracks would have been sequenced on a final version. it's obvious why Khaled chose the Use This Gospel Remix for release as it's a standout. This Is The Glory is also good especially the Dre segments but there are so many different versions of this track who knows how it would have ended up.

so potentially a great project if it was finished & sequenced properly. there's a certain sound Dre brings with the new drums/bass which is bright, crispy and not a million miles away from the sonics on Compton. as it stands about half of it doesn't do much for me but the rest is nice. good tracks:

Intro - great production with the different segments & switch-ups. classic Dre cinematics
LA Monster - much better than the other leaked versions of this track
Water - good hard hitting groove
Hands On - nice beat but quality not great on the leak
Ashes - good Computer Love sample, best mellow track
Use This Gospel - easily the most epic beat, standout
This Is The Glory - another one hindered by the low quality leak & too many alternate versions to judge properly. final Dre section is very nice.

Where can I find Ashes?

dnjp4life

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2023, 04:45:44 AM »
This is a decent effort from Dr. Dre and co after giving it a couple of listens.  Quite experimental in parts, and gives off the impression that Dre and his team were just having fun in the studio coming up with interesting drum patterns to see which sticks, without too much pressure.

Ashes is really nice, though I prefer the original from the Donda album, and Everything We Need didn't need so much going on with it, but other than that I'm impressed with this.  Shame we'll probably not get a CDQ release of the album any time soon.

k1000

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2023, 06:37:03 AM »
Where can I find Ashes?

enjoy: https://sndup.net/dwhk/d
"Ashes" (feat. Sunday Service Choir, Marsha Ambrosius, [2 unknown artists])