Lifestyle > Sports & Entertainment

BREAKING NEWS: Shohei Ohtani signs 10 year, 700 million contract with the Dodger

(1/3) > >>

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK:
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39076745/shohei-ohtani-join-dodgers-10-year-700m-deal

Espn just reported this a few minutes ago.  I'm shocked why the local channels didn't have a breaking news story about this.  Ohtani is the best player in baseball.  I know when the Lakers got O'Neal it was breaking news.  I just hope he can be the 1st player to fulfill & be worth 10 years.  Cause 10 year contracts in baseball never ends well.  Now if the dodgers can trade/get rid of Kershaw for pitchers who can win in the postseason, they can be really considered world series contenders.  Feels good to be the 1st in reporting news this quickly.

Not much of a surprise Ohtani would end up a dodger, he talked about wanting to win & prefer to be on the left coast.  Finally someone in sports told the truth about going to a particular team in free agency.  Angels weren't winning with Ohtani & Trout.  Dang, & just when Anaheim said they weren't trading Trout-the greatest player in baseball-THAT NOBODY WATCHES  :D  Now if the dodger fans can chill out & act civilzed for a while, maybe they get good karma & win more world series.

Sccit:
maybe this will help us stop regularly underperform in the playoffs

:ohwell:

HighEyeCue:
I'm not a Dodger fan but 700 mill is crazy...I dont care how good Ohtani is

plus theres no guarantee he will pitch again, so maybe all that money is for a DH :grumpy:

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK:

--- Quote from: HighEyeCue on December 10, 2023, 08:30:10 AM ---I'm not a Dodger fan but 700 mill is crazy...I dont care how good Ohtani is

plus theres no guarantee he will pitch again, so maybe all that money is for a DH :grumpy:

--- End quote ---
He will, just not in 2024.  I agree with $700 million is too much.  At least he will defer lots of that amount to later years so the team can get more players to finally be a dynasty.  And they got the pitcher from japan also. 

HighEyeCue:

--- Quote from: DJ SUGAFREE QUIK on January 08, 2024, 02:59:25 AM ---He will, just not in 2024.  I agree with $700 million is too much.  At least he will defer lots of that amount to later years so the team can get more players to finally be a dynasty.  And they got the pitcher from japan also.

--- End quote ---

I wish the Mets would have gotten that pitcher :grumpy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version