Author Topic: Rate De la soul's albums  (Read 100 times)

Skindiana bon3z

Rate De la soul's albums
« on: May 30, 2003, 03:08:26 PM »
I havent heard much of De la soul. I only got their one cd that came out in 2000 Mosaic or something.  Well anyone thats got all or most of their cds, can you please give me ratings on the albums. I've slept on De la soul I just think i needa check out some of their other music.

Thanks

Skindiana bon3z

Re:Rate De la soul's albums
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 05:31:46 PM »
Anybody???  ???

Jankiest

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 08:04:43 PM »
yeah i got that art offical mosiac thump album, pretty dope
and i got the stakes is high album, that is pretty dope too.

De la was on some other shit back then, like could see through all that bling bling shiny suit rapper shit and was still making good music

all them sucka ass niggaz can eat a fat dick

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 08:03:08 AM »
yeah i got that art offical mosiac thump album, pretty dope
and i got the stakes is high album, that is pretty dope too.

De la was on some other shit back then, like could see through all that bling bling shiny suit rapper shit and was still making good music

Yeah the Art official mosaic thump album is really dope...I can listen to it without skipping a song...on point on the last comment you made...anyway anyone else care to rate any of their albums???

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2003, 11:07:33 AM »
Theyre greatest hits is droppin in the UK on monday....

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2003, 11:38:42 AM »
get de la soul is dead first and if you like that go back and pick up 3 feet high and rising. buhloone mind state was just on some other shit..prince p is nice like that..to fully appreciate this one you should listen to the other 2 first.
stakes is high was stripped down production wise because paul wasn't there but they still came nice lyrically. only problem with this album is they focus too much on downplaying mainstream rap at the time(like jeru did on wrath) and it just gets really annoying for me at least anyway.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2003, 11:41:08 AM »
get de la soul is dead first and if you like that go back and pick up 3 feet high and rising. buhloone mind state was just on some other shit..prince p is nice like that..to fully appreciate this one you should listen to the other 2 first.
stakes is high was stripped down production wise because paul wasn't there but they still came nice lyrically. only problem with this album is they focus too much on downplaying mainstream rap at the time(like jeru did on wrath) and it just gets really annoying for me at least anyway.

aight thanks a lot for the info on them....i'll probably cop on of their albums tomorrow...