Author Topic: So what's yall verdict on the Defari advance ??  (Read 168 times)

Jome

So what's yall verdict on the Defari advance ??
« on: June 01, 2003, 09:51:45 PM »
Defari-Odds_and_Evens-(Advance)-2003-CMS

What yall think about it ??
I think it's a definate heater.. but some tracks need to go for the retail.. some of them was pretty wack.

Evidence suprised me.. his production on here is close to Alchemist-level at times.

And about "Spell my name"..
* The chorus is gay as fuck
* And why did Evidence nearly COPY the beat from "Big Business" w. Xzibit, Jayo Felony & Frost ??
The OG was classic anyways, even if both are dope tracks, it just gives you the recycle feel, especially when it's the first single.

Another thing, why is it tagged with some child saying "aow-ay-ay" ??

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:So what's yall verdict on the Defari advance ??
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2003, 11:55:57 PM »
This Album is dope. I could listen to the whole thing through without skipping a track. Evidence production skillz are ill on this album. Defari really deserves to blow up wit this album. The shit is a near a 10.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2003, 11:56:30 PM by Realizm »

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 01:31:43 AM »
I was kinda dissapointed because i wanted at least one dope Alchemist track on there, Fredwreck wasn't as good as i hoped (but Haunted Souls wasn't on there) and there was no DJ Quik (Defari said he might work with him a year or so ago). Still a damn good album, and one hell of an improvement over Focused Daily (especially on the production tip, on FD too many songs were non-descript and sounded too similar to the song before it and less reliance on battle rhymes).
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2003, 02:45:46 AM »
I was kinda dissapointed because i wanted at least one dope Alchemist track on there, Fredwreck wasn't as good as i hoped (but Haunted Souls wasn't on there) and there was no DJ Quik (Defari said he might work with him a year or so ago). Still a damn good album, and one hell of an improvement over Focused Daily (especially on the production tip, on FD too many songs were non-descript and sounded too similar to the song before it and less reliance on battle rhymes).

Nice album...hope release is tightened up a little and it will be a major sucess (i hope)

Funkstradamus

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2003, 05:57:14 AM »
yeah it is a tight album...I like Inner City ft E-Swift the best on there....i'll be glad to get it without that stupid ass little kid tag on it....

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2003, 08:15:20 AM »
I love this album. I can bump the whole thing without skipping...Spell My Name is a killer song but like Jome said the hook is gay as hell....but that one line he spits is classic "the romans hated Jesus like the Police treat us/Thats all that I gotta give/alotta artists dont deserve a full right scholership"
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network