Author Topic: Former heavyweight champion seeks to fight again  (Read 177 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Former heavyweight champion seeks to fight again
« on: June 17, 2003, 09:24:13 PM »

LONDON -- Frank Bruno wants to fight again after a seven-year layoff, but an eye problem could prevent the WBC heavyweight champion from obtaining a license.

The 41-year-old Bruno has not fought since losing his title in two rounds to Mike Tyson, and has since discovered that he has a damaged retina.

The Southern Area Council said Tuesday that Bruno has applied to have his license reinstated in hopes of a big money fight with Olympic superheavyweight champion Audley Harrison, who is 10-0 as a pro.

"We'll be dealing with his application just as we would with any other," council secretary Robert Smith said of Bruno. "There are a few matters which we need to have cleared up before we go forward.

"I think you'd be living in cuckoo land not to have a query about his eyes."

Bruno won the WBC title on a unanimous decision against Oliver McCall in September 1995, but six months later lost to Tyson in his first defense. He lost again to Tyson and also dropped title bouts against Lennox Lewis and Tim Witherspoon.

Bruno is 40-5 with 38 knockouts.
---------------------------------------------

I personaly enjoyed watching Frank bruno fight on t.v.
and I would not like to see him get hurt in the ring, I'm against a comeback. But would be good to have one more for the road and end it on a victory...hmmmmm!!

Hatesrats 2oooTre

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Former heavyweight champion seeks to fight again
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 12:52:16 AM »
He's too old. 41 yrs old  :o and he still wants to box?

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 01:42:06 AM »
He's too old. 41 yrs old  :o and he still wants to box?

I dont think hes too old as long as he is phyically fit enough... But if theres a chance of him gettin hurt bad (his eye) then i wouldnt want him makin a comeback.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 08:13:03 AM »
He's a qualified pilot - there's nothing wrong with his eyes - the British Boxing Board of control are afraid that Harrisson will kill him in the ring - so they're using his eye as an ecuse to not let him box

The only reason he wants to comeback is because he owes his ex wife millions and he can't pay up because he's broke.

bez

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 11:59:37 AM »
it wud be cool to see bruno vs harrison tho cos I think harrison sucks.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 12:10:53 PM »
Who cares about Burno? The real news is that George Foreman wants to come back and fight when he's 55, which will be in November. He also said that if Vitali Klitschko can somehow beat Lennox Lewis then that just makes his decision even easier.

TheSheriff

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2003, 02:57:41 PM »
Bruno would roast Audley, Audley hasn't got the sheer strength to take Frankie down.

HUH HUH HUH

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 03:43:47 PM »
Who cares about Burno? The real news is that George Foreman wants to come back and fight when he's 55, which will be in November. He also said that if Vitali Klitschko can somehow beat Lennox Lewis then that just makes his decision even easier.

Foreman will not come out of retirement if Lennox win's ever...
I'm even doubting his comeback even if Klitschko does manage to pull off the upset...George is easily worth over 200+ million dollars over his grills. The only reason Foreman might consider a comeback would be because he don't belive the Klitschko's are any serious theat....Same reason I wish Bruno don't comeback.

I'd hate to see him get hurt
Hatesrats 2oooTre

although one more...lol

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2003, 04:30:16 PM »
Foreman will not come out of retirement if Lennox win's ever...
I'm even doubting his comeback even if Klitschko does manage to pull off the upset...George is easily worth over 200+ million dollars over his grills. The only reason Foreman might consider a comeback would be because he don't belive the Klitschko's are any serious theat....Same reason I wish Bruno don't comeback.

I'd hate to see him get hurt
Hatesrats 2oooTre

although one more...lol

Yeah, dunno why Foreman would wanna come back. That dude is a rich mofo, thanks to his Grills. But i heard that Foreman doesn't want to fight either Lewis or Tyson.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2003, 12:53:54 PM »
If Lewis loses, then it Will make Foreman's decision easier because he doesn't want to fight Lewis or Tyson but he doesn't give Klitschko much respect so he thinks if he fought Klitschko then he would be the champ once again.