Author Topic: Whats up with Tha Row getting rid of artists and pushing Kurupt  (Read 502 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re:Whats up with Tha Row getting rid of artists and pushing Kurupt
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2003, 03:02:12 PM »
I"m starting to think the Row's probably a front for gang or drug money, they make so many stupid decisions, It's pretty obvious they only keep around a fake roster, they don't intend on releasing any albums, they just want a selection of rappers around who will take a paycheck and not care if their album comes out.  

Damn........daaaaaaamn......thas some of the smartest out of bounds thinkin that I've heard in a minute concernin rap....that shit would make a lottttta sense...we all kno Suge and his clique/gang is like a black mafia, makin hits on people and shit.

Tha Row is so fuggin sad right now, I mean how do u diss artists who made u big, but then prove they made u big by still releasin their old shit...now they got Death Row classics pt. 2 comin out..just more proof they wish they could be at that level again.

Shark

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2003, 09:36:09 PM »
Death row needs to advertise, they need top notch music vids that will get played, they need catchy singles, if Dre was still there dr would be at the top. DRE=$$$$

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2003, 09:55:16 PM »
^^ They don't want to make money off their albums.

Devon (BP)

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2003, 12:55:34 AM »
They need good promotion and advertisement. Bottom line. Just like the new Still Ballin single. Whatever happened to that? They shouldnt be doing what everyone else is doing (ie. mixtapes etc) Tha Row should be bringing fresh ideas. They really need to put out commercials about Tha Row underground, to get worldwide attention. They've had plenty of talent that's just been wasted.

Sneed
Valentine
ATL
Swoop G

They really need to forget about the past. Concentrate on making the best music possible for current artists and Suge should be dealing with working out a good deal to get the videos out there, to get the singles out there.

big_mike

• Lil Geezy
  • real g's dont die...we multiply...
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2003, 08:46:45 AM »
Bottom Line:

After Dre/Em dropped 50 ... Suge knew he couldn't compete with that ...
Crooked I album has been pushed way back (basically off the shelf) and will
never see the light of day ... It really let's you know who was the Musical Brain behind the music and till this day, Suge will never and can't compete with Dre on that ...

Also, Suge knows that he's facing an uphill fight and he don't want to see
that his label is through ... Once he drop an Artist (Crooked I or Kurupt) and
they don't do well (sales), he's finished ...  I don't that he's ready to see that
in Black/White.  The writing's on the wall ...

His catalog is all he has !!!!