Author Topic: i gotta say for the first time in a long ass time........  (Read 154 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
i gotta say for the first time in a long ass time........
« on: July 03, 2003, 05:01:27 PM »
im lookin forward to jay-z's album............after hearin his last three albums, personally which i felt consisted of two pretty weak ones for someone known with his calibure,  i feel he knows that too and one dope-ish album in blueprint.......i gotta admit the black album sounds impressive..........not no bullshit on this joint, takin back to gutter and roots..........and with the idea of 12 joints and 12 different producers, sounds pretty good................usually 12 different producers sounds weak but if they all work to a certain formula and if the producers are dope, shit dont matta

i gotta admit, jay-z gettin my attention with his black album

peace

Don Breezio

Re:i gotta say for the first time in a long ass time........
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 05:06:52 PM »
not no bullshit on this joint, takin back to gutter and roots..........and with the idea of 12 joints and 12 different producers, sounds pretty good

yea but the 4 he mentioned so far were dre, em, timbaland, and the neptunes...so heres my thoughts on that:

dre-capable of making jay-z sound like its some classic shit...could happen...

em-nah...renegade didnt sound like it was back to the roots or anything...probably aint gonna take it back

timbaland-good producer...not capable of bringing reasonable doubt like songs though

neptunes-ha...if he has pharelle produce a track hes gonna fuck his whole idea up for his album. they're shit aint gonna sound like its gutter or back to the roots...its gonna sound like its pop and should have pharelle singin on the fuckin hook...

and for guest appearances so far all we got is prince and 50 cent...

prince-that i would love to hear...i could definetely see that shit goin back to the roots.

50 cent-fuck no...50 aint capable of doin "classic" shit...i think this album sounds all wrong if jay is tryin to take it back to the reasonable doubt style era.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 07:03:10 PM »
I thought it would have been really dope before but now it looks like he's looking to make this his best selling album.  He's promoting the shit outta of it real early, getting the big producers, big guests.

It would have been doper if he kept to "the black album" concept.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2003, 03:25:19 AM »
lol yeah thats whats made me laugh to though, he promotin the black album kinda big huh and his got eminem producin so really his lookin for it to sell mad.......but its lookin mo promisin than his last 3 albums

peace

mauzip

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2003, 06:59:54 AM »
i don't think it will be better than any other album. he has too many producers on this one so i can't see it being a consistant cd.

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 08:29:16 AM »
He's looking to make this album up there with his best efforts (Reasonable Doubt, and The Blueprint), and hoping to make numbers compared to his best selling album (Vol. 2).  I wonder how it will turn out?