Author Topic: Chingy  (Read 625 times)

S.G.V.

Re:Chingy
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2003, 12:48:26 AM »

again you don't know how to distinguish opinion from quality.....eminem ain't even my favorite rapper, but i'll give him his deserved dues. him, andre from outkast, and mos def, and talib kweli (sometimes), as the best overall rappers out today.......THAT'S quality . and the only one i really like out of that group is dre from kast.

i'm just sorry you're musically shallow
lmao...excuse me mr music...see...u cant compare chingy to eminem...chingy is fun club rap...eminem isnt...chingy makes his music for the clubs...and he does that in a quality fashion...eminem makes music for the hip hop head...and to me...he doesnt not make quality music...i cant listen to an eminem cd...so to me...that means its not quality...mos def...kweli...pharoahe monch...they talk about real life situations...they have meanin in theyre rhymes...thats why theyre much more above eminem...now...all this shit is ur opinion...and not really quality...right?...right...because U FEEL that eminem is quality...meanin thats ur opinion...but I FEEL eminem is not quality...which is my opinion...and if im musically shallow...then what the fuck am i doin listenin to the stuff i listen to?...im well rounded when it comes to hip hop...i can converse with someone like tom about the east coast shit...from p.diddy to brand nubian...i can chop it up with someone from the south about everything from luke on down to reese and bigelow...etc...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2003, 12:50:43 AM »
^ again , you don't know how to distinguish  between quality and opinion

mr. i love puffy,chingy,and lil zane

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

OutSider

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2003, 12:52:38 AM »

again you don't know how to distinguish opinion from quality.....eminem ain't even my favorite rapper, but i'll give him his deserved dues. him, andre from outkast, and mos def, and talib kweli (sometimes), as the best overall rappers out today.......THAT'S quality . and the only one i really like out of that group is dre from kast.

i'm just sorry you're musically shallow
lmao...excuse me mr music...see...u cant compare chingy to eminem...chingy is fun club rap...eminem isnt...chingy makes his music for the clubs...and he does that in a quality fashion...eminem makes music for the hip hop head...and to me...he doesnt not make quality music...i cant listen to an eminem cd...so to me...that means its not quality...mos def...kweli...pharoahe monch...they talk about real life situations...they have meanin in theyre rhymes...thats why theyre much more above eminem...now...all this shit is ur opinion...and not really quality...right?...right...because U FEEL that eminem is quality...meanin thats ur opinion...but I FEEL eminem is not quality...which is my opinion...and if im musically shallow...then what the fuck am i doin listenin to the stuff i listen to?...im well rounded when it comes to hip hop...i can converse with someone like tom about the east coast shit...from p.diddy to brand nubian...i can chop it up with someone from the south about everything from luke on down to reese and bigelow...etc...

>:( you're mean... eminem is eye candy.. thats all that matters.. really... ;)

S.G.V.

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2003, 12:53:53 AM »

lmao @ lil zane...how do u distinguish quality and opinion then?

Don Breezio

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2003, 12:56:32 AM »

shit man...quality is a state of mind...you're quality and his quality are 2 different things...imo his quality is more quality than yours but everyone has their own opinion...but i love puffy, lil zane, mos def, nas, atmosphere, dre and eminem...does that mean i'm musically shallow...cuz i can listen to club shit and then turn right around and listen to some complex shit like atmosphere? no actually i think that makes you very musically educated in a sense.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2003, 12:59:18 AM »
^that's a pathetic excuse for being musically shallow, i mean seriously HOW  MUCH TALENT DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE UP  "i like the way you shake it right thurr, let down your hurr"??

it's cool, i use to listen to Hammer, Coolio , and kriss kross to when i was 9.....i grew up though
« Last Edit: July 04, 2003, 01:01:21 AM by Don Jacob Corleone »

S.G.V.

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2003, 01:01:43 AM »

shit man...quality is a state of mind...you're quality and his quality are 2 different things...imo his quality is more quality than yours but everyone has their own opinion...but i love puffy, lil zane, mos def, nas, atmosphere, dre and eminem...does that mean i'm musically shallow...cuz i can listen to club shit and then turn right around and listen to some complex shit like atmosphere? no actually i think that makes you very musically educated in a sense.
exactly due...people get hard feelings when eminem is brought up...i swear...its like this...

chingy..nelly...p.diddy...e-40(my favorite rapper)...mack 10...etc are all rappers who are not to be brought up as great emcees...they make music to ride to...to dance to...to just have fun to...theyre not the people u compare to eminem....if u want to compare someone to eminem...compare him to crooked i...sly boogy....chino xl...aceyalone...those are real emcees...i know u know a lot about rock and shit...so im not sayin ur musically shallow....but when it comes to hip hop...u r....cuz quality is an opinion...5 million people thought 50 cent was quality music...i didnt...am i wrong for that?...can i not have a different opinion? or does that make me shallow?

S.G.V.

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2003, 01:03:59 AM »
^that's a pathetic excuse for being musically shallow, i mean seriously HOW  MUCH TALENT DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE UP  "i like the way you shake it right thurr, let down your hurr"??

it's cool, i use to listen to Hammer, Coolio , and kriss kross to when i was 9.....i grew up though
watch ou!...mr. mature here...coolio and hammer had deep tracks man...i dont know what ur talkin about....hammer had a lot of spirtual tracks...uplifting music..."C U When U Get There..." by Coolio is a deep and thoughtful track...so dont even bring them into this...see...what ur doin is basin shit on opinion...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2003, 01:10:25 AM »
i'm ignorant to hip hop when you're sitting over there defending pop rap okay......i know A LOT about hip hop too man you better check yourself right there, i know alot about music in general

quality isn't what YOU or what someone else likes, that's opinion

a quality dance artist is someone like Donna Summer, Janet Jackson, Madonna, ect. you can slap on ANY of their classics and they're still credible.

you slap on a 3 year old rap dance song by juvenile and half of the dance floor will be like "oh god that shit's old"  90% of th rap to dance to out there is novelty , ask any DJ and they'll tell you about the 3 month rule.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2003, 01:12:43 AM »

watch ou!...mr. mature here...coolio and hammer had deep tracks man...i dont know what ur talkin about....hammer had a lot of spirtual tracks...uplifting music..."C U When U Get There..." by Coolio is a deep and thoughtful track...so dont even bring them into this...see...what ur doin is basin shit on opinion...

oh god now you're gettin out of line

my whole point there was , i use to listen to crap too when i was a little kid, sorry you couldn't see that subliminal shot at you and TQ over there

y'all have the musical tastes of a 9 year old

S.G.V.

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2003, 01:13:28 AM »
i'm ignorant to hip hop when you're sitting over there defending pop rap okay......i know A LOT about hip hop too man you better check yourself right there, i know alot about music in general

quality isn't what YOU or what someone else likes, that's opinion

a quality dance artist is someone like Donna Summer, Janet Jackson, Madonna, ect. you can slap on ANY of their classics and they're still credible.

you slap on a 3 year old rap dance song by juvenile and half of the dance floor will be like "oh god that shit's old"  90% of th rap to dance to out there is novelty , ask any DJ and they'll tell you about the 3 month rule.
lmao...im defendin pop rap....damn right...cuz i listen to pop rap...i listen to backpack rap...i listen to gangsta rap...political rap...all of it...and i aint tryna dance to know donna summers man...yea those are credible dance artists...no doubt...but i go to clubs where they play hip hop...and eminem doesnt cut it there...we're talkin club rap here man...club rap isnt supposed to have substance...ur not tryna dance and be thinkin about a metaphor due just said...ur tryna think about the chick ur dancin with...

Don Breezio

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2003, 01:13:57 AM »
the 3 month rule? wtf you doin waitin to give up pussy! shit...what would happen if we didnt have the club bangers...women aint gonna be shakin they're ass to any gangstarr anytime soon...i dont see titties bouncin to vampires by atmosphere..ya feel me?

S.G.V.

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2003, 01:17:04 AM »
the 3 month rule? wtf you doin waitin to give up pussy! shit...what would happen if we didnt have the club bangers...women aint gonna be shakin they're ass to any gangstarr anytime soon...i dont see titties bouncin to vampires by atmosphere..ya feel me?
hes the kinda due that probaby doesnt go to clubs...people who dont go to clubs dont understand why the music is good...u go to a club and they throw on a record like that...trust...these girls will go crazy...and if he thinks a record will die after 3 months...hes foolin himself..."aint no fun" came out in 93...and when that track comes on chicks still go crazy like it came out today...

OutSider

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2003, 01:21:01 AM »
damn is there a book on this shit.. like a hip hop bible.. because i was under the impression it was a state of mind... people like different kinds of styles of hip hop.. me personally i like eminem.. he has meaning to me... because of the shit with my mother.. and how she fucked up my life.. and m doggs... i compare him to 2pac.. because on a personal level.. i use to vent to his music.. when i was younger.. i would.. just put his shit on.. and just.. vent and let all that fustration out.. all of you fighting are silly.. believe it or not.. i too read this board.. but as of lately wanted to post on it more often.. i been listening to rap since i was in the 4th grade... and it has been around longer then that.. man you guys.. need some serious sleepage.. or to keep your opinion to a max.. and not.. get all extreme with your view... sheesh eminem rocks man...  ;D

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2003, 01:23:33 AM »
damn....yall be trippin.....i gotta say i wouldnt really wanna be vibin to em,mega,people like that ina club....cus that shit not gunna get anyone hype....but i gotta say some of that music trash tho.....some of it aiight.....jus like all genres...all genres of music have good songs an shit ones....when will u people realize that?