Author Topic: Pras vs. Wyclef - The war is on !!!!!!!  (Read 650 times)

S.G.V.

Re:Pras vs. Wyclef - The war is on !!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2003, 01:54:21 PM »
i want a new wyclef album..hes got the dopest albums...

Jome

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2003, 09:04:08 PM »
Hopefully Clef will move away from the soul/singing part.. and more into raw hiphop again.. limit the singing to a few choruses..
I don't wanna see Santana, Shania Twain or Bruce Springsteen on a Clef-album.. but then again he's known to move boundaries.

S.G.V.

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2003, 12:44:47 AM »
Hopefully Clef will move away from the soul/singing part.. and more into raw hiphop again.. limit the singing to a few choruses..
I don't wanna see Santana, Shania Twain or Bruce Springsteen on a Clef-album.. but then again he's known to move boundaries.
lmao...u dont like singin do u?...damn...clef gets down on tracks where he harmonizes...i guess ur not open to different music tho...clef caters not just to hip hop...but to all music...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2003, 02:09:47 AM »
personally i thought that rhyme was whack as fuck, i don't know how wyclef can sit there and say pras is whack when he's writing shit like that,lol.

but yeah he did go hard at him

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Mua ha ha

• 'G'
  • You Hear it First
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2003, 02:54:21 AM »
personally i thought that rhyme was whack as fuck, i don't know how wyclef can sit there and say pras is whack when he's writing shit like that,lol.

but yeah he did go hard at him

So it was whack... but he went hard at him?  Uh....  ???
Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic messages. That's nothing... if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

oh and by the way, I wasn't being racist, I was being prejudice.  I hate dumb people.  Dumb is not a race you fuckin moron.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2003, 02:59:04 AM »
his rhymes (as in the way he chose to rhyme his words ) was straight WHACK he sounded like he was just talking

but what he was saying (his point) went at him hard

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2003, 01:35:07 PM »
Clef's singing is actually better than his rapping sometimes, and that's what I buy Clef albums for. He has harmonies and shit in his songs but for the most part they still dope as hell songs cause he does that shit well. It's not like he's just some rapper who is a wannabe rnb singer, because his singing, both rnb style and reggae style is dope as hell.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2003, 03:06:52 PM »
and wyclef was always goin on about doin a reunion album.... ::)

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2003, 03:16:34 PM »
His lyrics on this track are good, some nice disses but it's too bad he sounds like ass on this track, his delivery sucks here.  His flow is pretty good.

-KuNiVaA-

• Lil Geezy
  • Belizean Pride!
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2003, 03:46:16 PM »
man.. wycelf could not rap to save his life, i remember when he tried to freestyle with Jin on B.E.T and he was horrible... overrall, he had sum nice baby rhymes, but as always, his delievery was real weak.. Lauren was never interested in a Fugree reunion, i could have sworn she was glad when they broke up because she never had any freedom.  
"Aiyyo, you betta flee Hobbes, or get your head flown three blocks, L keep rapper's hearts pumpin like Reeboks" - Big L

Hater Player

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2003, 08:07:07 PM »
when did lauren go at him n shit?

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2003, 04:18:15 PM »
I think Lauryn only did a couple stabs here and there, I know on her miseducation album she said some stuff about him indiscreet like on that Doo Wop song.  

Anyways, this song is alright.  It's not amazing or anything, LOL I was reading the lyrics, and figured Wyclef would rhyme it with his cool voice, when he's sounding all surprised and excited like Eminem or something "Dr. DRE! Don't Just SIT THERE, OPERATE!!!" you know what I'm saying.  If wyclef came with that voice, like he USUALLY does, this diss would have killed Pras.

Instead he basically just read it, maybe he's freestyling, I dunno?  He's not hyped up at all, he just sounds like he's bored, or half drunk, or both.

Wyclef is one of those guys that's a bored genius.  This guy is a straight up MUSICAL GENIUS, the kind we don't see very much, but he gets bored, and just puts out weird stuff because it's interesting to him.  If he gets in the mood, he can murder most emcees, in my opinion, he's really talented.  He's just bored, and doesn't feel like being inspired.  It's the same disease busta, snoop, missy elliot, etc. all have.  They all have the potential to be mindblowing, but they're just bored.  Snoop ain't really a geinus, he's just tight with rhymes, the other 3 are straight up musical geniuses.  Even If I can't spell it.  

Examples of musical geniuses who stay creative, and don't get bored:

R. Kelly
Dr. Dre (sort of, right now he's stagnant, but I think that's on purpose)
DJ Quik
DJ Premiere

Trauma-san

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2003, 04:20:46 PM »
and wyclef was always goin on about doin a reunion album.... ::)

Wyclef has been innocent in ALL this crap, though.  He's been talking like the fugees never even broke up, from day 1.  The entire time, he's been wanting to do another fugee album, since they completed their last one, he's never said a negative thing about either one of them.

Then Lauryn gets out, and breaks out as a star, and just forgets about him, they talked a little about an album and nothing came of it.  

Meanwhile, Wyclef's saying he'll go in the studio at any time to start a new album.

Then Pras goes around doing this type of stuff.  Wyclef's not the one to blame here, it's all on the other 2.  

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2003, 04:24:32 PM »

dont agree with that my Brotha

Trauma-san

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2003, 04:27:48 PM »
^^ Yeah, I agree too, his album "The Carnival" (I THINK that's what it was called, right?) was off the hook, and he sang all over it.  His first solo album.  "Guantanamera", LOL