Author Topic: Jay Z - Black Album Ad  (Read 468 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Jay Z - Black Album Ad
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2003, 11:57:17 AM »
From looking at the producers those could be 12 hot tracks, but not necessarily a hot album as a whole. An album is more than the sum of its parts IMO. I don't mind the Neptunes being there. I think Jigga sounds good with them, although their sound ain't for everybody... (U reading this, Snoop?)

infinite59

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2003, 12:14:23 PM »
Got my attention.  Jay-Z has made a carear of fooling people into buying average rap albums.  Maybe he'll get me on this one too.  I've got his first three albums.  All of them belong in the trash except for the 96' album because 96' was a great year and I like to remember it.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2003, 12:17:10 PM »
Where is this ad from?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2003, 12:32:02 PM »
Where is this ad from?

looks fake to me

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2003, 12:39:45 PM »
tryin to find out where its from but i presume its either the latest issue of XXL/Source or something from the Roc The Mic tour.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

NewJack

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2003, 01:02:06 PM »
I got a special edition XXL from the Roc The Mic tour, left it in my friend's car tho, I'll try and get it and if it's in there I'll let ya kno by the end of tonight.

PLANT

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2003, 02:57:51 PM »
I havnt checked, but it could be an ad from the Rocafella website perhaps.  BTW, I think this album will be bananas.  Gone be off the hook, If Jays putting it out letting all those producers know they all get one track, all them producers will give Jay Z the absolute best beat they have to try and compete with each other.  I think this album is gona turn out real dope and Im looking forward to it bigtime. 8)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2003, 03:04:24 PM »
i'm lookin forward to it. btw i liked his last. doesn't an advert defeat the object of the black album?

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Jome

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2003, 06:06:08 PM »
 Gone be off the hook, If Jays putting it out letting all those producers know they all get one track, all them producers will give Jay Z the absolute best beat they have to try and compete with each other.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too.. ain't no way Dre or Primo is gonna give him a leftover, if they know that there will be 12 producers with a track each..
They probably gonna give him the best of the best..
My only concern is the overall sound.. 12 different styles.. could add to the longevity, but as for the 12 tracks blending in with eachother.. hmm.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2003, 07:51:14 PM »
looks interesting

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2003, 09:27:43 PM »
promotion for a black album?? ::)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2003, 10:49:52 PM »
I thought the whole point of the "Black Album" is no promotion ???

NewJack

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2003, 09:22:33 AM »
It's on the back page of the special edition XXL given away at the Roc The Mic tour.