Author Topic: OG Football vs American Football - Interesting link  (Read 354 times)

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
OG Football vs American Football - Interesting link
« on: July 15, 2003, 01:58:21 PM »
I don't want to start off another war because it's been done loads, but I came across this on a Football (soccer) message board, and it made me think of the arguments in here.  Pages 1 and 2 are America bashing but it gets more two sided after that.

http://195.8.171.32/vb_forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69403&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 02:20:15 PM by Jay ay Beeeeee »

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Re:Real Football vs American Football - Interesting link
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 02:18:33 PM »
I don't want to start off another war because it's been done loads, but I came across this on a Football (soccer) message board, and it made me think of the arguments in here.  Pages 1 and 2 are America bashing but it gets more two sided after that.

http://195.8.171.32/vb_forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69403&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

tha best way to not start a "war", is to not title yur thread..."REAL football vs American Football". lol. To us, "REAL football" IS American football. The otha one...is jus soccer.  ;D

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 02:19:06 PM »
nah i cant read that because its a bunch of fags sayin stereo types about the U.S

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 02:21:04 PM »
tha best way to not start a "war", is to not title yur thread..."REAL football vs American Football". lol. To us, "REAL football" IS American football. The otha one...is jus soccer.  ;D

Done  ;)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 02:24:04 PM »

Done  ;)

lol ugg....nevamind, change it back!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 02:24:12 PM »
i find it funny how british people trash americans for being dumb when our football is A LOT more intellegent than soccer

i love it how you guys say our games are boring to watch becuase theres not enough action, but how much more exciting is soccer when you can take a shit , shower, and go to the store, come back and the score is still 0-0~!

IMO i think americans  have a stronger argument here, we have BOTH soccer and football in rotation for the youths of this nation......you guys just have .....soccer, so of course you're going to be bias and get insecure when you compare the 2.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 02:26:10 PM »
well i expected a laight from that.. m,y arguments against the nancies were pretty much used up within first 10 posts.. haha

then i learned something

Unfortuanately there is a valid reason for the World Series being called that. Basically it was sponsored in its early days by the "New York World Post". When the sponsors name was dropped the "World" part was kept as it was kind of traditonal.

For once the Yanks were not having delusions of grandeur.
the delusions bit made me laff..  ;D

but i really did learn that the world series isnt a delusion ;)

and the country that invented cricket has no place telling us that baseball is boring....

very valid point... cricket should be outlawd... only coz i live within a mile of one of the countries finest grounds and on match days traffic is a f'kin nightmare :) lol

i also found this one quite funny..
This is a true story from my honeymoon in Cancun.

Got talking to an old American couple at a beach bar, who were very pleasant and quite good company.

10 minutes later, their fat teenage son came over. His parents kindly introduced us to his son, who proceeded to ask probably the most stupid question I have ever heard.

"So what language do you speak in England then ?"

I responded with "English...how about you" whilst dad, to his credit gave him a look of pure stupidity before telling him "son, these guys taught us how to speak"

Just a short story, but for me overwhelming evidence that Yanks are stupid

Case closed !!

most of it is the usual anglo vs US banter we know tho..

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re:OG Football vs American Football - Interesting link
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 02:27:48 PM »
i dont really watch soccer, but i dont mind it, football i think takes more strenghth strategy, and is more exiting, but its true, US has both, so....

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2003, 02:28:10 PM »
i find it funny how british people trash americans for being dumb when our football is A LOT more intellegent than soccer

i love it how you guys say our games are boring to watch becuase theres not enough action, but how much more exciting is soccer when you can take a shit , shower, and go to the store, come back and the score is still 0-0~!

lol

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2003, 02:34:36 PM »

shows u know zip about soccer.
in soccer you dont get little rests.. its 45 mins flat out pretty much unless someone gets injured.

try maintained man-markings and team strategy over a 45 min period with the other team trying to break every facet of that... you have to dynamically think on your feet and trust those around you... footballers have to be intuitive to where their co-players are...

IMO i think americans  have a stronger argument here, we have BOTH soccer and football in rotation for the youths of this nation......you guys just have .....soccer, so of course you're going to be bias and get insecure when you compare the 2.

yet again your lack of knowledge (ignorance?) speaks for itself..

dont speak on what you dont know!!

when i was at school we played.... now the ones with ** are pro sports over here..

1) ** soccer (played for the school team)
2) basketball (how did u miss this from your 'youths of the nation' speech?)
3a) ** rugby union (i played for the school and town junior team)
3b) ** rugby league (i still cant remember diff from 3a.. lol)
4) american football (but without pads)
5) austrailian rules football - now thats a tough game
6) ** cricket (was on school team too)

we also played tennis, netball, baseball/rounders and golf.. ohh and did some competitive swimming along with all kindas field sports.

diverse?

basketball isnt really pro over here, there are lots of small teams. its the fastest growing sport in the world still.. and yes I know was invented by americans (hurrah)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 02:48:23 PM by Overseer »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2003, 02:35:40 PM »
word....soccer is a game of instinct. football is strategy like chess.I dont understand if i taught someone from the uk to play backyard football with me  they would have fun please belive.

pappy

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2003, 04:52:45 PM »
Dont you ever get tired of this ::)

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2003, 05:01:22 PM »
Didn't we just go over this arguement?

pappy

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2003, 05:04:47 PM »
Didn't we just go over this arguement?
yes but it is a weekly thing now

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2003, 11:51:48 PM »

shows u know zip about soccer.
in soccer you dont get little rests.. its 45 mins flat out pretty much unless someone gets injured.

try maintained man-markings and team strategy over a 45 min period with the other team trying to break every facet of that... you have to dynamically think on your feet and trust those around you... footballers have to be intuitive to where their co-players are...

yet again your lack of knowledge (ignorance?) speaks for itself..

dont speak on what you dont know!!

when i was at school we played.... now the ones with ** are pro sports over here..

1) ** soccer (played for the school team)
2) basketball (how did u miss this from your 'youths of the nation' speech?)
3a) ** rugby union (i played for the school and town junior team)
3b) ** rugby league (i still cant remember diff from 3a.. lol)
4) american football (but without pads)
5) austrailian rules football - now thats a tough game
6) ** cricket (was on school team too)

we also played tennis, netball, baseball/rounders and golf.. ohh and did some competitive swimming along with all kindas field sports.

diverse?

basketball isnt really pro over here, there are lots of small teams. its the fastest growing sport in the world still.. and yes I know was invented by americans (hurrah)

man you're talking to a MEXICAN about soccer.....again you are talking to a MEXICAN about Futbol. I may not like it but shit was apart of my upbringing like hot sauce

45 minutes of non stop running......hmmm take away the ball and what do you got....marathon running, we have just those in every major city in america, also football requires FULL THROTTLE running ALL WHILE trying to be aware of everysingle player around you, not paced running. See when you burst out of the line if you're a running back or a wide reciever you got to be able to counter ANY and all players within a micro second. you got to be aware of 5 300 lb plus dudes who run fast as fuck and you got to be aware of any opening to run through that your fell team mate has made for you.....so in our football we're JSUT as aware, except we have to be quicker with the info.  when barry sanders took off from the line he was going full speed like it was the 100 meter race in the olympics......so your argument here is pretty flawed , that's like comparing michael johnson to some kenyon runner.

also here in school we have pleeeeeeeenty more sports to play than just soccer and football....so many it suprises me . anyways my whole point is , american kids/people in general have a stronger more accurate argument here , becuase we're raised with BOTH!

::busts out year book and finds all the sports we got::

we have

soccer
field hockey
basketball
football
lacross
vollyball
swimming
golf
baseball
softball
track and field (various sports, basically olympics)
wrestling
weightlifting
depending on what school you go to, bracket car racing
tennis
bowling
pool(billiards)
depending on if you consider it a sport or not, competition cheerleading
cross country

and oh yeah, not to sound arrogant or nothin but isn't it weird that america is good at just about all these sports.......and the only popular sports here is basketball baseball and football?
hate to think how good we'd be at soccer if it were at least as popular as baseball.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09