Author Topic: Is The Game REALLY gonna make an impact?  (Read 155 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Is The Game REALLY gonna make an impact?
« on: July 18, 2003, 10:51:11 AM »
I have been thiinkin bout things, and I wonder if The Game really is gonna bring the west back as some say, and if he's really gonna make a big impact.
I hope he does, but at the same time, lookin at how things in the past have happened, and lookin at him and how things could go, I see different possibilities happenin.

1: The Game comes out, and people on the NY look at him as bein one of their own because of his style, even tho he's from L.A. and the fact that he spits on Dre beats makes him a top prospect throughout the nation. However, this helps him out but not the West. The next big artist to come from L.A. after The Game, whether it was Crooked I Sly Boogie or anybody else, may have more skill than the Game, but since they don't have that East Coast sound The Game has, they will be overlooked. I see this being the most realistic situation since there have been many dope west coast rappers that haven't been checked for just because they keep it WS

2: The Game comes out on Detox, and doesn't quite get the reaction he was hopin for. Some people on the West feel him, but many think he sounds way too east coast, and they aren't feelin the already overused "super thug" content....but at the same time, people on the East look at him as bein a clone. The East liked Snoop and them because they had a completely different sound, not because he sounded like them...so they see The West tryin to imitate them just to get their love, which backfires on The Game and maybe even Dre.

3. The Game makes a helluva impact off of Detox...not close to when Snoop dropped on Doggystyle, but good enough. Everybody is anticipatin his album, but jus as Dre always does, he puts the album off for longer and longer, and at the same time people are wonderin whats really goin on with Aftermath. The Game drops, and regardless if the album is good great average or a flop, he doesn't sell like he is supposed to.

4. The Game comes off on Detox, people are lovin him, and his album does good, but the fact the west coast is back, people check for other west coast acts and realize we have talent and we make a return, whether to the top or just to where the south and east are now.

Now I know the first three are negative, but I am just tryin to be realistic, and I don't wanna get my hopes up as I have been doin the last few years when it comes to the west coast.

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Is The Game REALLY gonna make an impact?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 11:00:09 AM »
I have a good feelin The Game will blow up. Being that hes on aftermath the best label in hiphop, we could only expect nuthin less than platinum. People in NY are feelin this cat. He sounds eastcoast but hes keepin it compton. The West Needs to get back on the level like it was in 96' when westcoast artist where getting radio spins in NY. Besides snoop, dre and pac the eastcoast dont really check for westcoast artist. I feel The Game along wit SLy Boogy(Now on J records) & Crooked I have the potential to restore the westcoast.

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 11:02:10 AM »
well i hope he releases an album on aftermath. so we'll see what happens
« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 11:03:33 AM by LAzoo »

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 11:11:59 AM »
well i hope he releases an album on aftermath.

I hope so.

platinumk777

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 11:19:17 AM »
The Game ain't nuthin special at all. Average lyrics, unappealing voice and/or flow. Not superstar material

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2003, 11:32:38 AM »
Depends how quick they move... shit stagnates quick these days... its like we want convenience hiphop. <- i have many theories on this ;)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 11:34:25 AM »
The Game ain't nuthin special at all. Average lyrics

OMG, U ARE FUCKIN TRIPPIN........U dunno The Game that I kno........Trust me!

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

PLANT

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 12:19:24 PM »
well i hope he releases an album on aftermath. so we'll see what happens

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 12:43:55 PM »
He ain't gonna make that much of an impact...he's aight, not great...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 01:11:11 PM »
he's aight, not great...

word to that......but anyways he could blow up but he might not, i think hes got a 50/50 chance

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris