8 (40%)
Ras Kass
9 (45%)
they about the same
1 (5%)
not sure
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Canibus Vs. Ras Kass  (Read 800 times)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
Re:Canibus Vs. Ras Kass
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2003, 09:27:13 AM »
well murdered him was a bad choice of words but they both came better than him. i listen to albums before i judge an artist and thats why i own them.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2003, 09:41:30 AM »
I aint having a go here mate but it just seems a bit strange that it has took U 5 albums by Canibus to realise your not really fellin him  :-\

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2003, 09:50:21 AM »
These two are both overrated but Ras Kass takes Canibus dispite not putting out an album in almost five years.

smartass is correct about Canibus groupies being the worst, they top the Snoop groupies on this board for sure.

I knew someone would say this bullshit:

It aint his fault U dont know what them big words mean  ;D

That's every Canibus groupie's favourite defence.  Canibus might have a large vocabulary (mostly because he enters the studio armed with a dictionary and thesaurus) but he forces the "big words" just for the sake of it.  

His new album has the nice production and all but Canibus is doing the same shit again, same delivery, same flow.  Ras Kass isn't all that in those departments either but atleast Ras Kass switches things up more often than Canibus.

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2003, 10:04:59 AM »
Yo Knuckles please explain how U know Canibus goes into the studio with a dictionary and a thesaurus.

And I aint no groupie im just a Canibus fan and WTF does switchin things up mean

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2003, 10:20:43 AM »
Yo Knuckles please explain how U know Canibus goes into the studio with a dictionary and a thesaurus.

Noreaga said that he wouldn't work with Canibus again because of that.  I wouldn't doubt it one bit.

...and WTF does switchin things up mean

Basically doing things differently.  Whether it's his delivery, you could switch your tone of voice, switch speeds, etc.  Switch up your content, you could have a storytelling track then put a track about the afterlife, a track about you father etc.

This is one reason Nas is so good.  He keep things intresting and gives you a lot of variety.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 10:22:48 AM by C2Knuckles »

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2003, 10:33:34 AM »
Fuck me
NORE FUCKIN AGA Please tell me U dont listen to him. Now there is a Motherfucka who needs some versatility.
Im glad he did say he would never work with Canibus again
WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT  ;D

Don Breezio

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2003, 11:30:44 AM »
WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT  ;D

hey no makin fun of superthug...that track is dope as fuck...as far as "canibus groupies"...if you're referring to me...you need to take a better look...i dont own one canibus album. i dont even like canibus' old stuff that much. i think he has a lot of skill...but his old stuff wasnt anything i would go crazy for. his new album is dope as fuck...so yes i like the new album and thats all...if that makes me a groupie...what are you? you own all 5 albums and dont even like them? sounds a bit wierd to me but ok. the canibus groupies are the ppl who own every single cd, every single unreleased track, every freestyle, they know his real name, his b-day, etc....shit i didnt even know he joined the army till like 2 days ago!

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2003, 11:54:08 AM »
I aint having a go here mate but it just seems a bit strange that it has took U 5 albums by Canibus to realise your not really fellin him  :-\
i bought can-i-bus and 2000 bc. my friend gave me the other ones cause he said he didn't listen to nerd rap.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2003, 02:16:24 PM »
Ras Kass, because he can do more than just battle and i don't think Canibus could ever top Interview With A Vampire.  He also now switches his flow more to suit beats and has improved it a lot. And unless Canibus raps over certain types of beats his voice really grates on my ears.

How many peeps who have heard Interview With A Vampire have worked out what Ras thinks came first (it's not the chicken or the egg) because i thought it was quite obvious but none of my friends could work it out.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2003, 10:09:07 PM »
How many peeps who have heard Interview With A Vampire have worked out what Ras thinks came first (it's not the chicken or the egg) because i thought it was quite obvious but none of my friends could work it out.

shit i'm not sure, i always try and figure it out, i always think i know and the idea comes to me but then i realize i don't know

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2003, 03:34:18 AM »
Ras Kass: Now what came first the chicken or the egg?
God: Armageddon.
Ras Kass: a Arm a Leg a Leg a Arm a Head.
Headin in your direction.
The riddle was the answer to the question.
Born of the flesh what is perfection

Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Quakaveli

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2003, 07:03:01 AM »
There's no point in arguing with 2 guys that are in each others nuts.

There's no point arguing with someone who's obviously all over Ras Kass' nuts...

lol...i aint on ras' nuts. I've been a fan for a long time. It just seems like u 2 would make a perfect couple cuz ya agree on every post with each other.

He didnt agree that I should be making all those Noreaga threads....so WTF you talking about...

Relationships have their ups n downs, eh Em28? ;)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2003, 07:16:02 PM »

:o :o :o HOLY SHIT!!!! thats fuckin insane, i can't believe i never caught that. major props, that's so fuckin dope it's not funny

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2003, 12:25:21 PM »

Whoa i never noticed that either

:o

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2003, 04:35:40 PM »
I just wanna add that I think that Canibus would take Ras Kass if they had a proper battle.  It would be great too cause these two have had such shitty careers there is so much material they could use to clown eachother.