Author Topic: I just bought the new Daz Album  (Read 187 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
I just bought the new Daz Album
« on: July 19, 2003, 02:18:03 PM »
I have to say I am pretty suprised at the results. This may be the first Daz album that I actually like...the rest of em had a few coo songs but the rest of the album was dead. This one has many problems but overall it is somethin dope to bump on a summer day, like today.
There are some standout tracks...Nuthin but a gangsta party 2 is off the hook...it is a completely different track from the original, and can't really be compared, but it is a laid back Fred Wreck banger that I was gettin into a lot. I think this song called "I got the fire" or somethin is dope.
Oh and by the way, am I the only one who thinks that Snoop is returning to his old form since he "stopped" smokin weed? Man, he rips some songs on this album!!!!!! I think it's #7, I forget the name, but man he killed that shit!!!!!!!
Now for the major flaws: There are TOOOOO MANY WORTHLESS SKITS. The album has 31 tracks, but I would say 10 or more are just stupid ass skits that Snoop or somebody is just talkin nonsense. Some are funny, but some are completely pointless, interrupt the flow of the album, and obviously are there to decieve us into thinkin the album is longer than it is.
The next major flaw is that Daz is what we call "burnt" as hell....he relies tooooo much on old lyrics. All rappers use a few of their old lines, but without countin I say daz used about 20-30 identical lines from the past, and some of his choruses were takin from old songs, like "Who rock the party all nite long, til when, til the early morn, it don't stop......" and jus like on Dogg Catcha, how they sampled the most sampled song in west coast, shit rap history, and I admit the beat is dope but the idea is played out as hell.
Overall I give this album a 7 outta 10......I would give Roscoe a 7.5. I think this Daz album has more tracks that are better than on Roscoe, but Roscoe is much more original, and even tho his album is short it's solid. This Daz album has some hella dope tracks, but then some hella mediocre tracks, and then many many weak skits.
Also, it comes with a DVD if you buy it...it's nothin new on the DVD, but it's some bootleg videos that are kinda funny, and he says funny shit as usual.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
Re:I just bought the new Daz Album
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 11:23:12 PM »
yeah too many damn skits but like i said before this album is one his dopest releases and its more of a party album than gangsta

goldeneyeoutlaw

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 04:08:25 PM »
dope album. Good to see Daz and DPG putting out some dope music.
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
Borysenko, Joan

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 06:30:44 PM »
yeah too many damn skits but like i said before this album is one his dopest releases and its more of a party album than gangsta

nope it's a gangsta party!

ive been saing this is a tight as fuck release, honestly i don't give a fuck if he reused lyrics cause it still sounds dope and daz's flow sounds tight over these beats.....too many skits, but i just skip them in my ride anyway
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly