Author Topic: New Dre Music  (Read 415 times)

Trauma-san

New Dre Music
« on: July 19, 2003, 08:59:55 PM »
There's new Dre music in Bad Boys II, if you go see it.  Puffy did the soundtrack, and Dre did the ambient music.  Some of it's old stuff, like the instrumental to "bitch niggaz", but 3 or 4 songs sounded new.  Most of it's around the time that Martin and Will are in the video store getting the camcorder looked at, they start playing some dre stuff from then on.  One song kinda sounded like a re-twist of "Family Affair", had about the same drum line but the strings and stuff were all different.  He even got a credit at the beginning of the movie, "Additional Music by Dr. Dre"

Looks like Dre's dream of becoming Quincy Jones just got a little closer.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re:New Dre Music
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 09:07:28 PM »
Tight good for dre..is the movie Good?

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 09:20:28 PM »
Yeah, it was pretty good.  In a bang bang, boom boom, fire explosions cuss words people getting killed type of way.  

Woodrow

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 11:10:07 PM »
One thing I noticed was that he made like 3 or 4 beats and used them over and over. It got kind of repititive, but it's all good. I enjoyed Quik's work on Head of State a lot more.

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 11:13:49 PM »
there was an article on mtv saying he was doing the score for it.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2003, 11:28:03 PM »
Yeah Engle, he probably just gave the producers 4 or 5 beats on Dat and told them to use it, that's probably why they just said "additional music by dr. dre" instead of 'score by dr. dre" or whatever.  He prob. just gave them some beats he had laying around.

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2003, 06:52:42 PM »
There's new Dre music in Bad Boys II, if you go see it.  Puffy did the soundtrack, and Dre did the ambient music.  Some of it's old stuff, like the instrumental to "bitch niggaz", but 3 or 4 songs sounded new.  Most of it's around the time that Martin and Will are in the video store getting the camcorder looked at, they start playing some dre stuff from then on.  One song kinda sounded like a re-twist of "Family Affair", had about the same drum line but the strings and stuff were all different.  He even got a credit at the beginning of the movie, "Additional Music by Dr. Dre"

Looks like Dre's dream of becoming Quincy Jones just got a little closer.

i saw the movie today...first off the movie was one of the best i've ever seen...may have topped the first...not sure yet...but i heard what you were talkign about on the one that sounded like another version of family affair...but holy shit...that beat from the movie was soooooooooo much doper...i want that beat! and yea it sounded like they just used that one and the "Bitch Niggaz" beat 3 or 4 times each...but that beat was soooo damn good...if anyone has that can u hook me up?

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2003, 09:57:30 PM »
Right when they're in the camera store, they play that one, then they play another one right after it... that MIGHT be a dre beat, too, it sure ain't nothin' puffy did.  Then after that, they play Bitch Niggaz, so I think all 3 of those are dre's.  there's a couple more, too, I think there was 4 or 5 different ones, but they used that real dope one you're talking about at least 3 or 4 times.  

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2003, 09:59:47 PM »
saw the movie today...first off the movie was one of the best i've ever seen...may have topped the first...not sure yet.

damn right, this moviie kicked ass, but yea i heard bitch niggaz several times, i dunno wat other beat yall tlakin bout

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2003, 11:10:12 PM »
^^ That's because you were too busy watching the pretty fireworks

Don Breezio

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2003, 12:55:19 AM »
^^ That's because you were too busy watching the pretty fireworks

LMAO...that beat alone stood out so much...it didnt even matter where they put that in the movie that was the first thing i heard every time they played it...that beat was so damn good.