Author Topic: Roc-A-Fella In Talks To Sign dead prez  (Read 281 times)

Jome

Re:Roc-A-Fella In Talks To Sign dead prez
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2003, 09:28:37 PM »
Exactly.. but their "political minded"-image doesn't fool me..

you're trippin Jome, dead prez is real with it

Yeah, "Fuck whitey and popo" on a all-white label.  :D

Paris was originally signed to Tommy Boy & Ice Cube was signed to Priority for a long time

Yeah..
Examples proving my point.  ;)

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2003, 01:23:01 AM »
great news for the roc camp, it's time for roc to start having some real tallents except for Jigga himself  on the label...
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Jome

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2003, 10:02:39 PM »
great news for the roc camp, it's time for roc to start having some real tallents except for Jigga himself  on the label...

And Twista, M.O.P., Camron isn't talented..  ???

Don Breezio

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2003, 10:06:16 PM »
lol...MOP & Cam' are mos definetly talented roc members....i didnt know twista was on the roc...guess i didnt get that news but he's probably one of the most talented on there. bleek has some talent or atleast had some...dont know if he's still got it in him. jay's got mad talent, i think young gunz have some talent (i like their new song) and unfortunately thats about it...freeway is about as bad as bone crusher...beanie never really had it. the rest of State P. is pretty awful...i dont think amil is on the roc anymore but she was awful too. i dont know if im missing anyone but the roc's roster isnt bad at all...they just need to start putting dope shit out again.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2003, 08:28:05 PM »
Exactly.. but their "political minded"-image doesn't fool me..

you're trippin Jome, dead prez is real with it

Yeah, "Fuck whitey and popo" on a all-white label.  :D

Paris was originally signed to Tommy Boy & Ice Cube was signed to Priority for a long time

Yeah..
Examples proving my point.  ;)

what are you talkin about? are you saying Paris & Ice Cube were fakin caring?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2003, 12:09:06 PM »
Dead Prez better have control of their sound and types of songs they make

Yeah, I hope that too, but that will be the case with Dead Prez. They're not exactly persons that will sit back and let them get fucked over by some shitty deal...Jigga knows what he will sign (if it happens that is).

I think they will come with the same topics, about politics & struggle but on beats by the Roc camp.