Author Topic: DSL vs Cable?  (Read 168 times)

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
DSL vs Cable?
« on: July 21, 2003, 02:42:05 PM »
Grr..
Im fuckin tired of AOL so my dad said we can get Optimum Online...but its $46 or sumthing, and Im tha only 1 that uses the computer so he dont wanna put that much money out monthly ya know?

We checked Verizon DSL but it said that I didnt have an "Ethernet" Card or some shit when we did the test to see if I could use it on my computer. Do I need the Ethernet card to run Verizon DSL?

Is there a dramatic difference between Cable and DSL?  :-\

lil Bullet from berdoo

• Lil Geezy
  • DoOoD!
Re:DSL vs Cable?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 02:44:39 PM »
cable.........

but dont take my word for it.. i use dial-up still...

:-* why didn't you anwser my PM sexy daddy you!

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 02:45:31 PM »
theres enough difference between types of DSL from different companies sometimes too... its a bit of a broad question.

some companies offer better DSL packages than other companies Cable.. others off much better DSL that that too tho...

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 03:18:19 PM »
I dont wanna spend fuckin $40 for a Ethernet Card

Im cheap.

lil Bullet from berdoo

• Lil Geezy
  • DoOoD!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 03:28:08 PM »
get the wal-mart one...

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It

Quakaveli

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 05:31:15 PM »
shiyt yo thsees cards r free...I got mine for free from a cheap old comp frmo school! 8) Look thru www.pricewatch.com ---dopest computer parts place..u mite find it in ebay 2...but dunno if id trust dat. Payze.

pappy

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2003, 06:25:39 PM »
if ur gettin optimum online,  thats from cablevision right.  dont they give u a ethernet card if u sign up for there cable modem.  i got a free enthernet card as long as i keep optimum online

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2003, 06:26:55 PM »
you need an ethernet card for both

dsl is better in a sense. when you have cable, the more people that have it in your neighbourhood the slower it gets. dsl doesnt get that

but go for whatever u can afford
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Quakaveli

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2003, 06:49:22 PM »
you need an ethernet card for both

dsl is better in a sense. when you have cable, the more people that have it in your neighbourhood the slower it gets. dsl doesnt get that

but go for whatever u can afford

ohh yeah!...lol I got cable for the last 3 weeks actually, and personally me n my apartment mate r the only one usin it, n speeds go up to like 80kb/sec! but dats between 2 of us...dsl at home was like verizon dsl I think and it was pretty fuckin slow...like 80 max too(one computer)..but the thing is other dsl/cable compites have diffrent speeds n prices...u gotta research n find sumthing thats coo for u..since U jus got one comp I think DSL might be the better idea. Payze.

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2003, 08:09:25 PM »
On the bottom of the Verizon website, it says that an Ethernet card is needed....so I dont come with one. Im most likely going to get the 1 from Walmart but it looks hard as fuck to put in..