Author Topic: Mike Jackson says downloading music shouldn't mean jail  (Read 390 times)

Don Breezio

Re:Mike Jackson says downloading music shouldn't mean jail
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2003, 12:09:10 PM »
Yes, but have you taken into account that the company probably has bills to pay, employees to pay, and other expenses? Where do you think that money comes from?

lmao...where do you think they send the extra money they make off of it...when you sell millions of cds @ say 5.99 when it costs say $3 to make...you make a lot of money...you pay employees and the general bullshit bills like electricity and blah blah blah. the shit is hella cheap. but they send it out for a 500% markup and make millions of fuckin dollars and then expect us to not download shit...fuck them.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2003, 12:19:23 PM »
Yes, but have you taken into account that the company probably has bills to pay, employees to pay, and other expenses? Where do you think that money comes from?
hahahahahhahahaahahah....ah man

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2003, 12:26:58 PM »
and because im sure you will say next "what about paying the artists?"...the artists get about 5-10 cents per cd that sells...thats all...that doesnt sound like much but its more than anyone else makes when you're selling millions...plus they get money from concert sales, they get royalties for appearances and they even get money everytime their songs are played on the radio.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2003, 04:06:28 PM »
I don't think dood understands that it's these muthafucin CD places like Sam Goody, Tower Records etc that are puttin da money on it.....I mean when we take our product 2 tha Tower Records bosses they buy like 30 units for like 5 or 6 bucks each.....them muthafucaz is da ones that put like 8-9 bucks over that and sell it for like 16-17.....even 18 or 19 in some stores.....

And as 4 artists, shit, we're independent so we get like 80% of tha profit....But artists in majors, they get butt-fucked wit like 10 cents a unit....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2003, 09:32:47 PM »
see what you said about sam goody and shit doesnt surprise me at all...it pisses me off cuz they dont need to be sold for that much...you could sell every cd in the store for 10 bucks and make a damn good profit and probably make more even because you would get more business and less ppl downloading shit. i have mad respect for places like target and best buy where you can get a new artists cd for 7-9 bucks. when i see that i usually buy it. and i would buy way more cds if they werent 15-20 bucks.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2003, 10:25:22 PM »
,And don't U dare say shit Trauma, this government is FUCKED!

Don't vote democrat, and you won't have to worry about bullshit like this.  Of course, you're going to vote democrat anyways.  

LMAO... the whole government is Republican. both Houses and the Presidency belong to the Republicans. I figure it's like this, even if it's Democrats that put up the bill, it's Republicans that vote. And either way, both sides are ran by old white men that would either be in government, or the ones that shit on the recording artist if they were the CEO of a record company. The representives in the U.S. needs to reflect more of what the U.S. people are, and not be this authority figure that it has become. It's not Dem v. Rep, it's just a bunch of outta touch rich people, and yes i know there's different races, our congreeman is a Mexican. But the Houses are outta touch rich people that have no clue what the people want, and are submitting to the Record Companies Lobbiest.

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2003, 10:53:44 PM »
^ It hasn't passed yet... because of... the republicans!!! WHOOO!!! Republican is the WAY TO GO!!!