Author Topic: Tha_Realest-Untitled_Advance-2003-OSC  (Read 419 times)

FLX

• Lil Geezy
Tha_Realest-Untitled_Advance-2003-OSC
« on: August 16, 2003, 03:14:01 AM »
01     Out on Bail                                  04:22
02     Murda Murda                                  05:00
03     Special Kind of Mother Remix                 04:09
04     Takin Pictures in the Cemetary               05:16
05     A Better Way                                 01:24
06     Cant Mobb Deep                               04:53
07     Aint No Rules in Love                        04:15
08     Hotel Talk                                   05:57
09     In Case I Dont Wake Up                       04:47
10     Side to Side Ft El Dorado                    04:51
11     Waitin for Jesus to Come                     04:27

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Tha_Realest-Untitled_Advance-2003-OSC
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 03:40:06 AM »
He's gotta be one of the weakest MC's ever.. Ive never taken this cat serious enough to play his shit in the past.. and after checkin this advance it pretty much confirms why.  This guy bites Pac so hard that it makes Ja seem original.  Hes by far the worst offender.  He's one fake artist that I'll never support.  

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 05:47:15 AM »
You dissapoint me Axle. Opinions are opinions, but you're flat out dissing. First off, this isn't his advance. This is leftover Deathrow shit that was just studio cuts. Most of this shit is 4-5 years old. Suge, believe it or not, PAID him and put it in his contract to try to sound like Pac as much as possible. Have you taken the time to listen to his new snippets at www.tharealest.com? Have you taken the time to listen to his new shit on C-Bo's album, or The Relativez album? Have you taken the time to listen to what rappers, including Crooked I, Fatal, C-Bo, Yukmouth, Outlawz, Richie Rich, and more have said about him in interviews? He gets respect, and honestly I think he's gonna shock everyone with this album he's got and he's gonna show the skill he truly has. I've said it once, and I'll say it again...would Yukmouth put him on his album if he was "A PAC RIPOFF"? Would C-Bo? Would Fatal get on the track with him? Would C-Bo, Yukmouth, Snoop Dogg, and E-40 be on his album if he was? Judge his new shit, not his old shit.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 06:53:31 AM »
Have you taken the time to listen to his new shit on C-Bo's album, or The Relativez album?

Yeah on c-Bo'z cd he dissed Ja Rule for tryna B lyke Pac & on The Relativez cd he resykled a Pac verse. Not smart movez.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 06:59:19 AM »
You dissapoint me Axle. Opinions are opinions, but you're flat out dissing. First off, this isn't his advance. This is leftover Deathrow shit that was just studio cuts. Most of this shit is 4-5 years old. Suge, believe it or not, PAID him and put it in his contract to try to sound like Pac as much as possible. Have you taken the time to listen to his new snippets at www.tharealest.com? Have you taken the time to listen to his new shit on C-Bo's album, or The Relativez album? Have you taken the time to listen to what rappers, including Crooked I, Fatal, C-Bo, Yukmouth, Outlawz, Richie Rich, and more have said about him in interviews? He gets respect, and honestly I think he's gonna shock everyone with this album he's got and he's gonna show the skill he truly has. I've said it once, and I'll say it again...would Yukmouth put him on his album if he was "A PAC RIPOFF"? Would C-Bo? Would Fatal get on the track with him? Would C-Bo, Yukmouth, Snoop Dogg, and E-40 be on his album if he was? Judge his new shit, not his old shit.

I feel you.  Gotta admit, you made a strong point and I havent been nearly as open minded as you suggest.  So I'll queue up his stuff and visit the official site to get a feel for what hes workin with since leaving The Row.  

But I have heard these guest spots and most of the tracks floating around Ive heard at least once.. and my thing is yea your right.. Im being closed minded and maybe there is something dope about this guy given a good listen.... but check.... what do we owe him???? I mean.. why should we give him.. a new artist who lacks originality, the benefit of the doubt?

He's never dropped an album so technically the balls still in his corner so thrill me damn it!  Hes still a new booty on the block and it's still up to him to show and prove and earn the respect of fans.  But to bite the style of a legend like 2Pac and all in the interviews and magazines try to come off as being real.. gets NO RESPECT.. and no benefit of the doubt.  Now I did ask the question, "why should we give him the benefit.." and clearly the only reason was his affiliation with Deathrow.  That alone made people check his shit which is more then most artists get.. and he comes with this disrespectful 2Pac image.  So we've been givin him the benefit for years just based on him being on The Row.  He made the decision to come out like that.

Id even have more respect for him if he would just come clean:  "I aint got no original ideas and 2Pac has inspired me to the point that I want to look like and sound like somebody that I could never be."  I mean.. if hes not comfortable in his own skin while in the publics eye, why should we be down?  Id rather pull out the real 2Pac instead of someone with an identity problem.  

He violated one of the biggest unwritten rules which is to display ORIGINALITY.  Once he failed that.. and successfully labeled himself as a Pac rip off I was done.... and again.. think about it... why would any fan (paying fan) give him (a new artist) the benefit of the doubt and look past that shit.. Anyway, beyond all that, Imma take your shit to heart and give him ANOTHER chance.. cuz what you said was real and pretty right on.  Homework due early next week.   ;)  Ill hit you with a PM or something.  Out.

Ax

« Last Edit: August 16, 2003, 07:02:05 AM by Axle_Fohley »
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2003, 07:06:09 AM »
tha realest got talent! 8)

lbc213

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2003, 07:25:53 AM »
05     A Better Way                                 01:24

Damn this beat is hot, anyone knows who produced it?

DX from A.T.L.

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2003, 08:06:12 AM »
Suge, believe it or not, PAID him and put it in his contract to try to sound like Pac as much as possible.

If that is true, all I can say is that's un characteristic of Suge when it comes to contracts and why would an artist agree to such a stipulation That's hard to believe, but I have to agree with Axel, that no originality leads to a short career and lack of respect, but since the game is so devoid of both, I guess dude fits right in.
If he got rid of the "2pacish" ways and beefs that don't concern him, I think he would be cool, but if he gets paid to stay in another man's persona who are we to argue? Let him do him.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2003, 09:33:14 AM »
WTF...the realest is one of the most talented mc's out there...im gettting this shit NOW!!!!!...i love every track he's ever done

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2003, 06:06:46 PM »
WTF...the realest is one of the most talented mc's out there...im gettting this shit NOW!!!!!...i love every track he's ever done

Drop some details for us.  Im curious to hear what fans who dig his shit see in him.  Maybe its just that Im old school.. and 2Pac was an artist that I saw perform in Hollywood back in 91 and felt it right away.  Dont know if you got hooked on Pac from day one or if it was like alot of so called fans who didnt really listen to him until All Eyes.. but Id like to know.. so include that.. ummmm.. thats basically it.. just some details about why hes dope to you and at what point did you start really listening to Pac?  My guess is like most.. around All Eyes which doesnt really make you a Pac fan which, in turn would totally explain why you feel The Realist..  just guessing but let us know facts.  Thanks.

Ax
~Theodore Roosevelt

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2003, 06:34:49 PM »
^^^i first started listening to pac when i heard i get around and bought every album after that as soon as it dropped.....and i'm always saying he's the greatest artist in MUSIC history(not just hip hop) so you cant feed me all that bs that im just a fan that jumped on the ship and making all those wack assumptions shows your ignorance ::) ...but so what if the realest sounds like him...not like theres tons of other rappers that sound alike or other music artists...i dont see what the big deal is...he's shit is tight and thats all i care

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2003, 06:38:29 PM »
Nah.. Nah.. I wasnt tryin to assume.. even if it sounded that way.  my bad.. just tryin to get some feedback.  Imma seriously give him a listen but just dont see it happening.  G-Lookin on the reply.. (no diss intended..)

Ax
~Theodore Roosevelt

Quadruple OG

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2003, 08:36:44 PM »
Tha Realest dissing Ja Rule for being a Pac biter is irony at its best.  I honestly don't believe that Suge would pay another rapper to be like Pac, that would be extremely low and pathetic for that clause to be included in a contract.  As for new/old music....IMO dude still sounds the same, shit he sounds IDENTICAL to Pac on Yuk's album talkin on that outro to "Somebody gonna die 2nite".

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2003, 08:49:20 PM »
Baby G, what Pac verse did he jack on The Relativez album? People hear shit that is similar to something Pac would say and they run with it saying "he jacked a Pac verse", but people prove them wrong time in and time out when they quote lyrics.

The Ja Rule shit, while I don't agree with him dissing Ja Rule at this point in time just for the simple fact that he's dissin one of the industry's top cats and he's trying to get his foot in the door, he's riding for 2Pac when he does it, flat out. Pac's biggest supporters (except The Outlawz) are all mashing on Ja Rule for the same thing. From C-Bo, to Yukmouth, to Spice 1, to Richie Rich, they don't appreciate that shit. The only difference is....people get on Tha Realest because he doesn't have credentials in the game (YET), and his constant comparasions to Pac.

But like I said, I know everything he's been doin lately, and you all will know whats crackin with him soon enough. He's gonna change all your minds....and regardless if you love or hate him, you're gonna listen to that album, and I bet money you won't be able to say "his album sucks".
« Last Edit: August 16, 2003, 08:51:08 PM by Enigma »

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2003, 09:38:09 AM »
I've always liked the Realest music.