Author Topic: G-UNIT-Is_This_What_You_Want-(Read_NFO)-2003-RV  (Read 754 times)

eS El Duque

Re:G-UNIT-Is_This_What_You_Want-(Read_NFO)-2003-RV
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2003, 07:11:59 PM »
^^ The Best Of Lloyd Bansk is horribly put together, songs cut off and it makes it sound wack

yea thats true...but i still like mr banks :D

Jome

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2003, 08:18:12 PM »
Write the name up.. Lloyd Banks.
You'll see great things from him in the future..

And LMAO @ saying Yayo & Buck is better than 50, that's str8 stupid.
But I guess if you dont know Banks from Yayo, then I see...

As for lyricism, I would say G-Unit goes:

1. Banks
2. 50
3. Buck
4. Yayo

As for entertainer, hooks, charisma.. 50's on top.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2003, 08:21:12 PM »
And LMAO @ saying Yayo & Buck is better than 50, that's str8 stupid.
But I guess if you dont know Banks from Yayo, then I see...

first of all i do know the difference. i wasn't sure who he was talking about sounding like Shyne cause i'm not too familiar with him. Yayo & Buck are both better than 50 because they have a flow. 50 just slurs over tracks

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2003, 09:04:43 PM »
I dont know why everybody always hatin on 50. I love his style, lyrics, and music..

Don Breezio

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2003, 10:22:25 PM »
I dont know why everybody always hatin on 50. I love his style, lyrics, and music..

his lyrics are the only problem i have with him...i know he can do better...but i like 50...but yea im definitely gonna have you hook me up with that lloyd banks tape...i dont use mirc so you'll have to hook me up...ill IM you when i see you on one of these days...by the way thanks dude.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2003, 03:59:58 AM »
Yayo & Buck are both better than 50 because they have a flow. 50 just slurs over tracks

lol please.. it's the flow that makes 50, u ain't gotta like it but it's definatly not wack and better than both Yayo and Buck

NY style has something lazy to it plus 50 has his way of pronouncing words but if u can't stand it that's a matter of taste

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2003, 08:32:09 AM »

his lyrics are the only problem i have with him...i know he can do better...but i like 50...but yea im definitely gonna have you hook me up with that lloyd banks tape...i dont use mirc so you'll have to hook me up...ill IM you when i see you on one of these days...by the way thanks dude.
NP..Im going away for a few days so Ill get it to u asap wen I get back.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2003, 02:24:48 PM »
lol please.. it's the flow that makes 50, u ain't gotta like it but it's definatly not wack and better than both Yayo and Buck

NY style has something lazy to it plus 50 has his way of pronouncing words but if u can't stand it that's a matter of taste

you honestly think that his flow is better than Yayo & Buck? that style you call "Lazy" is not NY style at all.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2003, 02:39:56 PM »

you honestly think that his flow is better than Yayo & Buck? that style you call "Lazy" is not NY style at all.

I do otherwise I wouldn't say it.. and I ain't talkin about just 50 but also Prodigy, Nas, Noreaga, Raekwon and some other Wu affiliated rappers etc who flow kinda lazy often, I know it doesn't make em all sound the same but it's still NY style

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2003, 02:45:27 PM »
and I ain't talkin about just 50 but also Prodigy, Nas, Noreaga, Raekwon and some other Wu affiliated rappers etc who flow kinda lazy often, I know it doesn't make em all sound the same but it's still NY style

none of them have a style lazy like 50's except maybe Noreaga. Only rappers who have a flow as lazy as 50 are Fabolous, Loon & Ma$e. Everytime i hear 50 i get so lazy i wanna fall asleep

Paris

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2003, 03:09:36 PM »
none of them have a style lazy like 50's except maybe Noreaga. Only rappers who have a flow as lazy as 50 are Fabolous, Loon & Ma$e. Everytime i hear 50 i get so lazy i wanna fall asleep

that's off point, of course they not all exactly the same but they all have a lazy style, Nas sounds tired as fuck in alotta tracks and like I sadi before, If u can't stand 50's flow or want to fall asleep to it that's u.. it doesn't make 50 wack and obviesly there's a whole lotta people who don't fall asleep and dig his style which makes em buy his album

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2003, 05:03:21 PM »
that's off point, of course they not all exactly the same but they all have a lazy style, Nas sounds tired as fuck in alotta tracks and like I sadi before, If u can't stand 50's flow or want to fall asleep to it that's u.. it doesn't make 50 wack and obviesly there's a whole lotta people who don't fall asleep and dig his style which makes em buy his album
ok you've made a good argument. altho i still hate 50 with a firey passion at least you've intelligently answered backed up well. we had a good debate

Paris

Jome

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2003, 07:16:12 PM »
There's a lot of rappers with lazy styles.. call it "slurring" if you want..
50, Ma$e, Nas, Noreaga, Loon, Prodigy, Big Noyd, Jay-Z, Shade Sheist and maybe the best example: Camron.
Dude sounds like he's going in sloooow-motion some times.

As for lyrics, 50 is among Mobb Deep, Nas (sometimes), CNN, Infamous Mobb, The Lox, Cam, Mega etc.
The mafiainfluenced murder-genre...
If you don't like 50 lyrics, I can't see how U can listen to any of the other..

Yall should start comparing 50 to lyrical geniuses like Ras Kass, Canibus, Pharoahe Monch, etc.
Cuz that's a area 50's guaranteed to lose...  ;)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2003, 09:29:45 PM »
As for lyrics, 50 is among Mobb Deep, Nas (sometimes), CNN, Infamous Mobb, The Lox, Cam, Mega etc.

i listen to all of those artists except Cam'ron. the difference is that their rhymes are clever and they have originality, somethin 50 lacks

Paris

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2003, 06:06:13 AM »
There's a lot of rappers with lazy styles.. call it "slurring" if you want..
50, Ma$e, Nas, Noreaga, Loon, Prodigy, Big Noyd, Jay-Z, Shade Sheist and maybe the best example: Camron.
Dude sounds like he's going in sloooow-motion some times.

it the fact of his shits too simple....how many times will he ryhme more than 2 syllables......all them artists usually go 3 ta 4 syllable.....this hence enhances the flow an gives a more creative an motre complex verse...hell even cam does it{not very well tho}