Author Topic: Ja Rule Wins Big!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 301 times)

Duckman

Ja Rule Wins Big!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 06, 2003, 08:14:06 PM »
Irv Gotti, Nelly, Ja-Rule and The Neptunes were big winners at last night's BMI Awards, which took place at the Fontainebleau Hilton in Miami.

The awards honored the top R&B, rap and hip-hop songwriters, producers and publishers.

Irv Gotti took home his second Urban Songwriter of the Year award, Nelly's "Hot in Herre" snagged Song of the Year and production duo The Neptunes earned Urban Producers of the Year.

"It means a lot. It's good to be honored amongst other muscians," Chad Hugo, the seldom seen second half of The Neptunes told AllHipHop.com. "It also involves a lot of people who normally don't get exposed a lot, down to the people who write the lyrics on a sheet of paper."

Hugo said that Pharrell couldn't make it to the awards because he was on a promotional tour, hyping the duo's upcoming compilation, The Neptunes Present: Clones.

The highlight of the evening was the honoring of R&B legend Isaac Hayes, who received the B|MI Icon Award.

Hayes, who composed and produced such albums as Black Moses and the soundtrack to Shaft, has been sampled countless times by various hip-hop and R&B artists.

"Isaac Hayes is the motherf*ckin man," said Ja Rule, who took home six awards of his own. "I grew up listening to Isaac Hayes, my mother listened to him. What more can you say about him? We've sampled enough of his music, he should be honored as an Icon."

Bilal, Floetry and Anthony Hamilton sang a medley of tunes that Oscar and Grammy Award winning Hayes has composed.
"To be honored with this award is really special," Hayes told AllHipHop.com. "I have been in the music business for over four decades and I plan to keep going. To receive this honor from other musicians and to know that my work has touched so many people from so many walks of life is really amazing."

The BMI Urban Awards 2003 is the kick-off event to the 4th Annual Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Conference and Awards, taking place in Miami Beach August 6-8.

Jome

Re:Ja Rule Wins Big!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 08:23:15 PM »

Irv Gotti, Nelly, Ja-Rule and The Neptunes were big winners

The highlight of the evening was the honoring of R&B legend Isaac Hayes, who received the B|MI Icon Award.

Bilal, Floetry and Anthony Hamilton sang a medley of tunes that Oscar and Grammy Award winning Hayes has composed.

R'n'B-awards.. ?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 08:31:17 PM »
1) ja rule dint win shit
2)
Irv Gotti took home his second Urban Songwriter of the Year award
wtf?

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 08:56:37 PM »
 8)

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 10:02:27 PM »
What the hell?

funkstylz

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 11:40:53 PM »
lol someone won an award for the songwriting of hot in herre that's herrrrrting!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 01:29:33 AM »
well we all know now how prestigues this award is .

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

eS El Duque

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2003, 01:02:46 PM »
wow...6 awards for Ja RUle lol...anywayz...

JTSimon

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2003, 07:31:38 PM »
^lol WestCoastCockVET