Author Topic: The $200,000 Man  (Read 201 times)

JTSimon

The $200,000 Man
« on: August 12, 2003, 03:18:49 PM »
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/sat/sports/news_1s9chargers.html

David Boston, the Chargers' buff wideout, spends a small fortune every year to hone his body

Code: [Select]
David Boston

6-2, 245, WR

College: Ohio State

Hometown: Humble, Texas

Notable: Father, Byron, is in ninth year as an NFL line judge ... Set 11 school records at Ohio State.

Career stats

Boston's four seasons with the Arizona Cardinals:

Year\Rec\Yds\Avg.\TD

1999\40\473\11.8\2

2000\71\1156\16.3\7

2001\98\1598\16.3\8

2002\32\512\16.0\1

No tea party for Boston

An offseason day in the life of Chargers receiver David Boston:

6:30 a.m. Wake up. Supplements (8 pills).

7 a.m. Breakfast, 3 free-range eggs, 6 egg whites, 1 tbs. non-GMO Lecithin powder, 4 oz. organic sirloin, supplements (25 pills).

9:45 a.m. Pre-workout. Shake, supplements (8 pills).

10:15 a.m. Workout 1.

11:30 a.m. Post-workout shake.

Noon-12:45 p.m. Therapy.

1-1:30 p.m. Lunch, 10 oz. orange roughy, 2 cups organic broccoli, 1/2 cup (cooked measure) organic black beans, supplements (20 pills).

3 p.m. Workout 2.

4:30 p.m. Post-workout shake, supplements (8 pills).

5-6 p.m. Therapy, treatment.

6:15 p.m. Dinner, 2 free-range grain-fed chicken breasts, 12 asparagusspears, supplements (20 pills).

9:15 p.m. 1 cup strawberries, 1 cup cottage cheese, nighttime supplements (12 pills).

11 p.m. Bedtime.

Workouts consist alternately of medicine ball exercises, ankle and foot strength exercises, 40-yard sprints with 90-second recoveries, grip training alternated with catching 50 footballs between sets, weight training.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Boston hears the gasps and whispers, he senses the stares and double takes. It doesn't matter if Boston is on the field or in the locker room, people can't help looking in his direction.

Wide receivers aren't supposed to have the physique of a young Schwarzenegger and the quickness of a pickpocket. They're supposed to be big or fast, not big and fast.

On the move, No. 89 shouldn't be hard to spot during tonight's exhibition opener at Seattle.

"He's one of those guys that might be like a Bo Jackson or Eric Dickerson, guys who came along before their time," former Chargers cornerback Alex Molden said of Boston, who has been timed in under 4.3 seconds in the 40-yard dash despite carrying an astonishing 245 pounds on his 6-foot-2 frame. "They're not supposed to be that big and run that fast, but they do."

Boston, who led the NFL with 1,598 yards receiving two years ago, doesn't think in terms of revolutionizing the position, but perhaps he should. And while he has the physical dimensions and skills to leave a mark on the game, that's just one of the things that makes the Texas native different, if not unique. His commitment to nutrition and diet might one day change the way some players look at maximizing their potential.

Pushing the envelope
Arguably no football player has pushed the boundaries of training and nutrition as far as Boston has. He and trainer/nutritional therapist Ian Danney rely on science as well as traditional training methods, as running back LaDainian Tomlinson learned one recent morning.
Tomlinson awoke at 5 o'clock to find Boston, his roommate, getting an IV drip to replenish vitamins, minerals and nutrients.

"I was like, 'Man, you're crazy,' " Tomlinson said, chuckling. "But that's David."

Actually, that's just the beginning:

During private on-field workouts, Danney pricks one of Boston's fingers, draws blood and measures the level of lactates – byproducts that contribute to muscle soreness – on a portable analyzer so Boston doesn't exceed a specific fatigue level.

Boston takes an average of 90 dietary supplement pills a day to ensure his body has the correct balance of vitamins, minerals and nutrients; he also has his intestines flushed through hydrocolonic therapy to help his body break down and process the supplements more efficiently.

He eats only specific things at specific times, depending on his workout regimen. The goal is to keep his nutrient levels and hormones balanced to maintain his energy level and recuperative powers.

Total annual cost for nutrition and training: $200,000.

Full article
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/sat/sports/news_1s9chargers.html

More San Diego Chargers Training Camp pics
http://www.chargers.com/camp/2003/index.cfm

---
That would nice to spend 200K on my body each year ;D But I don't know about 90 pills a day and pricking my finger.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2003, 03:45:19 PM by Max Powers »

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
Re:The $200,000 Man
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 03:28:19 PM »
nice post..

i couldnt imagine living like that..
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

JTSimon

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 03:40:25 PM »
It got him a nice contract worth $47 million for seven years with the Chargers ;D

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 03:42:21 PM »
hes gonna be unstoppable..
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

JTSimon

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 03:55:56 PM »
hes gonna be unstoppable..
David Boston - "But when the season comes he's going to realize that when these guys start backing off, all you need to do is throw me a quick stop, I'll take 1 or 2 yards, and I'm going to get you 12 yards. I'll give the guy $100,000 if he tackles me before that. I mean, he's going to be 180 pounds; I'll be embarrassed if he tackles me."

Unstoppable indeed  ;D

eS El Duque

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2003, 04:00:45 PM »
daaamn..he's like the hulk almost...too bad don't got him on any of my football fantasy teams

bez

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2003, 07:25:44 PM »
fuckin meat head

JTSimon

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2003, 11:47:12 PM »

We know what happen here

Damn  :o

eS El Duque

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2003, 11:58:03 AM »