Author Topic: Buyin used cd's an downloading music  (Read 181 times)

pappy

Buyin used cd's an downloading music
« on: August 16, 2003, 05:05:04 PM »
is there really a difference b/c ur buyin the cd at a discounted price an that money aint goin to the artist.  so whats the differeence

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Buyin used cd's an downloading music
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 05:08:16 PM »
no difference at all really. i just like owning the album but i buy new CDs too

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

pappy

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 05:12:04 PM »
i buy my cd's used.  jus wait a few weeks an ur eventually see a new cd that came out in the used racks for half the price.  i bought joe buddens album 2day for 7 bucks used

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 07:07:17 PM »
In a way there is a difference because the used cd at one point was bought new, and the artist did get money for that. The only thing is everyone who owns that copy afterwards has made no contribution to the artist, but the artist did get paid for "1 copy". When it comes to downloading, the artist gets 0. Just my opinion.

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 08:26:48 PM »
it doesn't matter, the 2nd hand copy is still gonna be there if you don't buy it, you just don't give money to the guy who owns the shop.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

FILA::AUS

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gold Coast, Australia
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 01:15:30 AM »
huuuge difference for an artist obviously, coz some1 had to initially purchase that same CD brand new so the money went to the artist allready, I doubt he cares what happens to the Cd aftre that.

When you download, there is no such thing, the money never got to the artist because of the album you have in the first place.

But yeah, downloading is the BEST thing since pussy, i got over 1500 full albums and 1450 of them are downloaded.

PEACE!

CITY I RIDE FOR...

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 02:09:21 AM »
the difference is duplication.

if 100,000 were pressed, theres 100,000 out there.

with piracy, one copy sold can turn into 50 copies...

so someone could be more popular than the labels think.. therefore they push the music less likely to be copied, or from another angle that which sells the best. Something else could in fact be way more popular than they can tell because that particular artist is more prone to piracy.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2003, 03:37:02 AM »
i got over 1500 full albums and 1450 of them are downloaded.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
You're exaggerating right? :-\

FILA::AUS

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gold Coast, Australia
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2003, 07:01:35 PM »
i got over 1500 full albums and 1450 of them are downloaded.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
You're exaggerating right? :-\

HAHA, nah man not at all, i definitly have more than 1500 albums. You'd be suprised how many people on mIRC actually have 10,000 to 20,000 albums.

CITY I RIDE FOR...

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2003, 07:12:54 PM »
me...I own close to 700 original cds.  I don't have the resources to download, but if I did I would probably only download the unreleased music (i.e. Crooked I, Knoc-turnal).  I would keep supporting the West buy buying their music since I don't support the East at all and only support a little of the south.