Author Topic: Who's the Next to Blow Up on tha West?  (Read 645 times)

We Fly High

Re:Who's the Next to Blow Up on tha West?
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2003, 08:21:45 PM »
well if the title was "who would you like to blow up next on the west" all you guys have great opinions...but since only Dre, Cube and Snoop and sometimes Xzibit, push the units around here...i say the next one of those that come out with a cd...either Dre or Cube Sad but true

Who's the Next to Blow Up on tha West?

Do u understand the meanin of "Blow" Dre n' Cube have been around for 20 years. They blew in 1986

ummmmm yeah i know the definition of blow up, but every year people on this board go " oh shit {insert rapper name here} is dropping a cd this year.....it's going to be the best...they're going to blow up" and what do we get? nothing...Knoc-turn'al didn't do shit and his chance is probably up....Roscoe didn't do shit....even jumping on the murder inc band wagon for Crooked I didn't do shit....

i don't know if you guys notice it, but sly boogie, mitchy slick, crooked i, roscoe...etc aren't going to blow up unless they change what they rap about to bling bling shit...and that's not what we're about...

oh and if you want to get technical on me....the topic says "who's going to blow up the west" sorry but the west already blew up in like '89 and '92...smart guy.

i agree with smerlus.. i doubt any of those guys (crooked i, ras kass, etc) would ever blow up, you never see a good lyricist blow up. theres no way that radio would ever play shit by those guys. even though theyre getting exposure and shit , and tehyre popular and good to us, theyre not receiveing the same recognition on a national level. trust me , these guys just dont fit the mainstream image. when youre in a club or in a car, not too many people care about a good lyricists. no one really wants to be trying to figure out metaphors and lyrics and shit when theyre dancing or ridin. ihigly doubt crooked i would be the next to blow up on tha west. even though hes pretty good, his style is just flat out unsuitable for radio in my opinion.

smerlus

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2003, 09:38:51 PM »
i don't know if you guys read statistics but.....the majority of rap is bought by white people....i don't know how many white people can relate to being "black as marcus garvey, black as dark bacardi" so if you're not talking about BMW's and shit like that, you're not going to see platinum west stars...so just chill and enjoy the music....face the fact that '92 is never coming back

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2003, 09:56:29 PM »
Daz is coming back y'all