Author Topic: Word up, Da Lench Mob's Guerilla's In The Mist is one of the greatest albums  (Read 187 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"

Word Lil' homie. {Prop's on bringing this lp up}

Check the archives....
Few of us been spitting bout this cd 4ever.
Good to know the younger peep's are getting into the real ish & staying away from most of the newer garbage.

Prop's to all the "Street Knowledge" era fans..
U know who u are, And so do I.

And u havent gone mad baby...{Optical}
We defo spoke on this one b4.

Hatesrats 2oooTre

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
No he was supossed to be one dough......

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson

Word Lil' homie. {Prop's on bringing this lp up}

Check the archives....
Few of us been spitting bout this cd 4ever.
Good to know the younger peep's are getting into the real ish & staying away from most of the newer garbage.

Prop's to all the "Street Knowledge" era fans..
U know who u are, And so do I.

And u havent gone mad baby...{Optical}
We defo spoke on this one b4.

Hatesrats 2oooTre

you guys are lucky to have grown up in that era. when i first got into hip-hop all i had was a tape of Rakim beastie boys Public Enemy & NWA, then all i heard after that was Eminem.....Eminem....Eminem....Thanks to this forum & d/ling (for sampling purposes) i've discovered a lot more

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Dr._Funkenstein

Actually, this album is sooo much better than their second one. Don't get me wrong: "Planet Of Da Apes" is still a dope record but it really can't compete with the debut. Well, J-Dee had to be replaced and some of the Mob probably weren't into the project that much because they felt Cube still had to pay them money for "Guerillas In The Mist". I don't know...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Actually, this album is sooo much better than their second one. Don't get me wrong: "Planet Of Da Apes" is still a dope record but it really can't compete with the debut. Well, J-Dee had to be replaced and some of the Mob probably weren't into the project that much because they felt Cube still had to pay them money for "Guerillas In The Mist". I don't know...

:o J-dee isnt on the second album? hes my fave member!! maybe i wont look so hard for this album, is it just Shorty & T-Bone?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Dr._Funkenstein

:o J-dee isnt on the second album? hes my fave member!! maybe i wont look so hard for this album, is it just Shorty & T-Bone?

Maulkie replaced him because J-Dee was (and still is) in jail for murder. I recommend you to buy the album though. It's dope!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2003, 11:47:44 AM by Doctor Funkenstein »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^ shit i forgot about j-dee being in jail. is that Maulkie guy the one mentioned on the DOC's album with "Yomo"? is he any good?

Paris