Author Topic: how do i set up an FTP to use over the internet?  (Read 165 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
how do i set up an FTP to use over the internet?
« on: August 28, 2003, 11:27:41 AM »
any web sites, specific programs?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

D.R.E.-Dogg

Re:how do i set up an FTP to use over the internet?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 11:31:59 AM »
u can do it with bulletproof ftp server

http://download.com.com/3001-2160-10153742.html

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 11:32:58 AM »
Thanks G

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 11:36:29 AM »
fuck i cant get it working it wont connect, what the hell?

Paris

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 12:01:21 PM »
well what exactly is the problem, is there some error message or what..

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 06:37:00 PM »
well what exactly is the problem, is there some error message or what..

yeah it says it cant connect

Paris

Jome

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 07:39:45 PM »
I use BFTP too, and I think there's some guides out there for it..
It's quite advanced to set up, even I had trouble and I don't usually read guides/manuals.
Search for bulletproof + guide on some search engine..

ONETIME

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 07:44:21 PM »
u ve to goto into options, nd setup ur computr as a HOST, than choose a directory where all the data of thr FTP goes, than it asks u the options if other users can ACCESS/DELETE/UPLOAD files, and once u do it, u connect it,

than tke ur do goto IE and type this ftp.(your I.P #)        and clock GO, u will see ur shit on there ;)

GIME PROPS NOW

LOL
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 07:44:44 PM by Tha Regulator »

Jome

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2003, 09:36:14 PM »
u ve to goto into options, nd setup ur computr as a HOST, than choose a directory where all the data of thr FTP goes, than it asks u the options if other users can ACCESS/DELETE/UPLOAD files, and once u do it, u connect it,

than tke ur do goto IE and type this ftp.(your I.P #)        and clock GO, u will see ur shit on there ;)

GIME PROPS NOW

LOL

I dunno what program you're using, but Bulletproof is more advanced than that..
You have to set up virtual links to directories, set a FTP root-folder and link it to BTFP, and hatch out "use as virtual dir" in the options some where.. etc.

ONETIME

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2003, 09:55:37 PM »
its the same in all, G6, BFFTP, its something else if ur using the latest version of BFFTP, but id reccomend G6, its more reliable, but the backbone and programing of both programs is the same.