Author Topic: Paris - 'Freedom' (the last cell remix) is 'Guerilla Funk' part 2  (Read 265 times)

Dr._Funkenstein

Re:Paris - 'Freedom' (the last cell remix) is 'Guerilla Funk' part 2
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2003, 11:44:14 AM »
 :o - It's already ripped? The release date for Europe (at least Germany/Switzerland - Groove Attack is the label) is the sixth October, so lots of people will probably just download it. :(

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2003, 11:44:21 AM »
...go on help him out  ;D

yeah come one guys, you know i;m one of the biggest Paris fans on here & will definetly pre-order is from Paris's site as soon as it becomes available

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2003, 06:25:15 PM »
up

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2003, 06:41:11 AM »
...dope, didn't let my expectations down at all.

Happy to read that (so it probably won't let mine down too)! How would you compare it to Paris' other albums?

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2003, 03:41:24 AM »
:o - It's already ripped? The release date for Europe (at least Germany/Switzerland - Groove Attack is the label) is the sixth October, so lots of people will probably just download it. :(

It's being distributed by Groove Attack? I thought they were just Landspeeds European distributors? Oh well, they made a good choice with this album, which label is it being released on in the US?

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2003, 04:25:43 AM »
...dope, didn't let my expectations down at all.

Happy to read that (so it probably won't let mine down too)! How would you compare it to Paris' other albums?

Well ya may not agree with me but guerilla funk as ive said before is one of my favourites...id put it on a par with that almost...
....give it a few more plays...it getts better an better...with me i listen to the lyrical content first with paris...an the beats flow thru me...ya get me ?

Then i bump it again for the real this time cos i know what knowledge he is trying to kick....

..im very pleased with this album and hope that in a few years i will come to think of it as a classic like i do with Guerilla Funk...

pZ

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2003, 06:35:11 AM »
I heard the full album now (my will to resist was strong... but IRC fucked it up and I downloaded the album ;D) and it's dope! Musically it's one of 03's best albums but I have to listen to it a few more times to rate the content. All my fellow Paris fans will be pleased to hear that this one is far better than "Unleashed". P-Dog is back!

By the way: Check the song with KAM and listen to Paris' first verse. Didn't Ice Cube rap a verse with exact the same flow somewhere?

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2003, 07:35:19 AM »
Yeah was thinking that ...bit reminiscent in a small way with the "bird call" (ghetto bird)
and with the bomb bomb diddy...etc

but will have to listen to cube later to compare...

...that similarity isnt as striking as the dogg references / sounds hehe

Dope assed album...glad ya fell into temptation :)
just makes you want the og even more lol

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2003, 09:23:20 AM »
I All my fellow Paris fans will be pleased to hear that this one is far better than "Unleashed". P-Dog is back!

Thank Allah. oh yeah, peep the thread i made about the song that i think is a cube diss, i'll up it for you

Paris