Author Topic: RapReviews GIVES CANIBUS 10 of 10, 10 of 10 and 10 of 10 !!  (Read 333 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:RapReviews GIVES CANIBUS 10 of 10, 10 of 10 and 10 of 10 !!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2003, 10:17:55 PM »

word hes a bitch....fuckin BIATCH......

??

Canibus is dope...just needs some help on making a commercial song  :P

wolfgang1369

• Lil Geezy
  • fresh
Re:RapReviews GIVES CANIBUS 10 of 10, 10 of 10 and 10 of 10 !!
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2003, 08:30:37 AM »
are you people insane? i wanna know how many of you actually listened to the new canibus album? first of all, EVERY SINGLE BEAT is NASTY! not one is wack ... or even close to wack ... and the beats are very different, from mexican folk music samples, to accordion samples, to middle-eastern samples, to ominous orchestra samples, to reggae samples, to ... shit i could go on forever ... so whoever said the beats are anything less than nasty .... WRONG! LISTEN before you open your big ugly mug ... my personal favorites are psych evaluation and the second beat from poet laureate II ... 10/10 (beats)

on to the lyrics ... definitely his most complex and intricate to date ... as you might expect, he drops the ill one-liners and metaphors ... some of the references might be above your heads ... but hey, ignorance is not MY fault ...

Quote from Newjack:

I'll say it again. In terms of raw talent, I don't think there are many rappers who can match Canibus, but he has two horrible problems.

1. He can not write a hook to save his life. If a song has an annoying hook, I'm not going to want to listen to it repeatedly.

2. All he raps about is how "He's the best." He needs some topics other than how he is in "lyrical fitness" and is the best rapper alive. It gets old quick.

did you listen to this album? ... i guess not ... because you failed to notice that canibus spits ONE hook (two, if you count "this is no return" as a hook) throughout the entire album ... stoupe (the producer) created all the other hooks ... and by the way, "no return" is a song that has nothing to do with canibus or the rap game ... admittedly, he talks alot about himself, or the state of hip-hop ... but he does it in such creative ways (i could list, but i don't have the time) ... i would give his lyrics a 9/10, my favorite verse: tie between the 2nd verse from psych evaluation and the 2nd verse from levitibus ... so anyway buy the cd and LISTEN before you write garbage on the internet

peace  8)